[Q] How to upgrade after factory reset

Search This thread

Gewitty

May 19, 2014
My TF300T had started to get seriously slow, so I eventually decided to try a factory reset. This went OK, but the OS has dropped back to 4.2.1, When I run the system update check, it tells me that my system is up to date.

How do I get back to a 4.4 installation?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
My TF300T had started to get seriously slow, so I eventually decided to try a factory reset. This went OK, but the OS has dropped back to 4.2.1, When I run the system update check, it tells me that my system is up to date.

How do I get back to a 4.4 installation?

However you went to 4.4 in the first place....

4.2.1 is the latest from Asus..... If you unlocked then you can't get official updates like that anyway so you must have flashed a custom rom if you were on 4.4.

Gewitty

May 19, 2014
However you went to 4.4 in the first place....

4.2.1 is the latest from Asus..... If you unlocked then you can't get official updates like that anyway so you must have flashed a custom rom if you were on 4.4.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm losing the plot here. What I had prior to doing the reset was definitely not 4.2. However, I had never done any custom flashing to upgrade.

I bought the Asus from Curry's about ten months ago and the OS looked pretty much the same as my Nexus 4. Since doing the reset though, things are definitely not the same. The Home, Back and Running Apps icons are all shifted to the left side of the screen and I have no Google Now when I swipe up from the bottom.

Maybe I should stop worryig about it, root the Asus and install 4.4 as per th instructions.

UncleManuel

Mar 1, 2010
Bamberg
Just to make things clear: Android 4.2.1 is the latest from Asus. And it's not clear if they ever ship 4.4 officially... ;)