[ROM/A1/Recovery][Wifi+3G+TMobile][4.4.4/2.8][Oct 27]Omni Based Rom and TWRP

Search This thread

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Is it google maps v9 or higher. You're not allowed to use v9 or higher because it is most likely compiled with NEON support. NEON is a cpu feature we don't have but should. It was standard at the time the tablet was produced. Without some very clever hacking, you'll have to downgrade to v8.(whatever the latest is).

Latest Gmaps that works is version 8.4.1

Can be downloaded from apkmirror (among countless of similar sites).

Thanks guys! I just got Maps 8.4.1 and Chrome 38 and it fixed all issues I was seeing.
Only things left:
- Google Now launcher does not like 'OK google'. Read that was a bug
- In Settings, when you go to Performance tab, then a different tab and again go back to Performance... the tab fails to load. Stays as a blank tab.

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Thanks guys! I just got Maps 8.4.1 and Chrome 38 and it fixed all issues I was seeing.
Only things left:
- Google Now launcher does not like 'OK google'. Read that was a bug
- In Settings, when you go to Performance tab, then a different tab and again go back to Performance... the tab fails to load. Stays as a blank tab.
Just hit the thanks button for AAcount- he has been supporting this tablet for very long time- recoveries, kernels, Roms and everything.

JS_racer

Oct 29, 2011
Strange deal with my battery today, read full, unplugged the charger. Normal use for a bit, then the screen times out say after the minute or whatever t was set to. Strange thing is the tab would shut down, like the battery was dead. Happened a few times, was strange. Battery was in the 90s then it wouldn't turn back on. Had to long press the power button to turn back on.
Now screen has been on 3 hours straight, with use. No issues, but I have not shut the screen to off. So my battery seems good.

Any thoughts or opinions here? Or things to try?
P4 wifi

Last edited:

jshawjr

Nov 15, 2011
Near Las Vegas
I have the Onmi installed on my 10.1 Wifi Tab. I am getting force close that read "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process. location has stopped". Also, "Google Play services has stopped". I have tried backing up old ROM and reinstalling Omni/Gapps and still continue to get force close...Please advise.

1goodm

Dec 3, 2013
Krasnojarsk
I have a p4 with A1 kernel. When charging, the performance decreases.
For example antutu v3.4 test 2D:
360 when charging is enabled
400 when charging is disabled

Last edited:

Mattthev

Oct 16, 2012
Voltages tweak

Hi,
guys I've just play with voltage control and it's amazing. The original voltages are too high. So I lower it make some stress test and it's stable and also longer battery life.
Here is image:
Pq_TZko_XJZ0kk_avs_r_W1_Fg8p5k_BSTbsj_Jry_Vee7z0_P4_Gs_Tm_B.png

It's stable up to 1.2GHz, Should be also on 1.4GHz. 1.5GHz and 1.6GHz it wasn't stable on my tab even with stock voltage. But there is little problem 1.2GHz has 1V it's amazing, but 1.4GHz has 1.175V and Tegra 2 has something for voltage control so you have to make at max 100mV steps or it uses stock voltage. I don't know if it is true with this kernel. But 1.2GHz is good enough. I'm using 608MHz-1200Mhz. You can't go lower than 700mV it can go lower on some apps, but it's limited, SetCPU doesn't allow you go under 700MHz.

Also to smoother device.
Set interactive governor at least 600Mhz (if you can get 700mV or 456MHz with 700MHz) up to 1.2GHz or 1.4GHz
In Developers setting set animations to 0.5x all of 3
Force GPU rendering
Disable HW overlays

Hope I helped you :)
And now my P7500 is much better than it was 3 years ago :D

Edit:
Most stable voltages for me, I've made some changes compare to the picture, here is backuped voltage configuration for SetCPU:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tSqYudCyDxWjJ4d0M5dEpZZUE/view?usp=sharing
608MHz is not that stable at 700mV as I thought :/ 725mV is fine, also for 1GHz is best value 925mV

Last edited:

DE52

Aug 1, 2013
Montreal
I have a p4 with A1 kernel. When charging, the performance decreases.
For example antutu v3.4 test 2D:
360 when charging is enabled
400 when charging is disabled
If it's charging and you're doing a performance test or tasks requiring lots of CPU resources, wouldn't that just make the CPU hotter which usually decreases performance (from getting too hot)? Just my 2 cents :)

Mattthev

Oct 16, 2012
hi guys, i want to change recovery to twrp as cwm is somewhat discontinued.

My tab is p7500 aka p4, right?

Is this one the correct download from the OP? (the 3g) http://www.mediafire.com/download/25m68flm122nyi1/twrp2710-3G.zip
or this one? (the wifi) http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1g862zmxb82sxv/twrp2710-wifi.zip

@Mattthev I'm gonna follow that one. Thanks :)

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you too.

Use SetCPU is best for P4. Just download that file and put in root directory and Restore in SetCPU, or I attached screenshot for other apps.
Should be stable, best is 608-1200 on interactive for performance and normal use, 456-1000 on ondemand for powesave and normal use, 456-816 ondemand for ultra powersave. There is some problem on 1400MHz+ but it doesn't matter on voltage it can be only my device. I'm using max 1.4GHz on HD movies when HW decoding is not working (MX Player, HW+ decoding)

a_L6dwg_Fhs_Sj3c_Sp_D01_LB2_D2w_EAWScc_ODIcu_Teyvi_ZS5_Jc0_ST.png

Attachments

• voltages.png
    voltages.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 341

battznz

Sep 11, 2012
GPS issue

Hi all,

Just flashed twrp and latest omni, everything seems to be fine. I get the flashes etc. Doesnt bother me much.
Only issue I have is GPS not working. Tried using gmaps and location just hangs waiting for update. Tried a couple other apps including GPS test and it doesnt get a single fix on any GPS sat. Literally dead GPS sig.

Anyone else had this issues?

Anything I can do to fix?

Cheers

ReBerlin

Jan 15, 2015
Hi all,

Just flashed twrp and latest omni, everything seems to be fine. I get the flashes etc. Doesnt bother me much.
Only issue I have is GPS not working. Tried using gmaps and location just hangs waiting for update. Tried a couple other apps including GPS test and it doesnt get a single fix on any GPS sat. Literally dead GPS sig.

Anyone else had this issues?

Anything I can do to fix?

Cheers

Is Location mode (unter Settings -> Location) set to "Device Only" (this is default)? This uses only GPS, what usually not works indoors. Set it to 'Battery saving' or 'High accuracy', that also uses Wifi or cell network.
Had the same problem too

Renee

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I have two problems with this rom:

I set up three different user accounts and I notice the effect that during the switching of the user on the lock screen, the screen turns off (with the usual 'Laser' effect) while the user is switched by the system (background image of the new user is sometimes not loaded or the 'lock' slider is not yet visible). During that switch, the screens turns darker and immidiatly switches off. After that, it is a problem to switch the screen on again, pushing the on/off button mostly shows no effect. After 30sec - 2 minutes, you can switch the tablet on again. It seems that the user switch continues in sleep mode, so the system is not reacting to the button for a while.

When playing a video in chrome (actual release, also tried v38), only sound comes and after some seconds, chrome is closed (FC).

Anyone with the same experiences? I'll switch back to a single user as a workaround and use dolphin, which seems also to be a lot faster than chrome

Renee

Bart-NL

Apr 5, 2011
Hey guys,

I thought it was time to flash my Tab.
I followed the steps, but after wipe and reset, I can't find the folder I put the rom and gapps in.
Since the Tab 10.1 doesn't have a sd-card slot or something, I'm kinda lost.

Can anyone help me out how I point TWRP to my ROM-zip and Gapps-zip?

Thanks

Never mind, found I folder I could use..

Last edited:

Iriseyoufall

Jul 31, 2012
Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel
eu.battle.net
The rom is working well although there is a bug in the menu. When I go to performance in menu settings and go out of it, open it again. Then it bugs out and then the performance tab is blanc. And that does bug-out some other functionalities in the settings also. Like the unlock/lock button (that doesn't work anymore) of adding new buttons. But hey, it is small thing. I won't visit the performance-tab anymore. Will use SetCPU instead :D. But you did a wonderful job. The rom is lovely and runs butter-smooth!

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Nice ROM, it's the best I've tried since I rooted and the only one so far that can (almost) run Netflix perfectly.

I have 1 small recurring issue though. In settings, I go to Performance, then to any other setting and then back to Performance and the screen is empty. The only to get it back is to close settings altogether and reopen it.

Noticed the same

Last edited:

lilferraro

Jul 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Rom is great... I'm using this rom along side with your omni rom 5.1.1... I'm also using CM11.2 and liquid smooth 4.4.4 all with the multi rom and this rom is the fastest and most stable. I am wondering if u can send me in the right direction by sending me some links on writing code for Roms. I am just starting out using kitchen... Any help would be great. Thx...

battznz

Sep 11, 2012
Do the following on through adb. I'll put this in the second post as I thought it might be an issue for some people.

Code:
adb shell
busybox mount -o,remount,rw /system
rm /system/etc/init.d/98dcache

The cause of the problem is that I'm using the cache partition for the dalvik cache. This is because samsung wasted 450mb of space for this partition even though it was discontinued when android 2.2 (froyo) was new. The sony tablet I bought my mom doesn't waste that much place for cache. For most people, they don't install enough apps for that 450mb dalvik-cache limit to be a problem so I thought I'd free some space on the main data partition.

Hi
Im trying to use this fix. I have the tablet booted and get device listed in adb. Prompted for su in shell. Can use busybox command fine. However when do "rm" it gives me an error "rm failed for /system/etc/init.d/98dcache, Read-only file system"

Not sure what to do? any help please :)
TIA

jacky03

Aug 9, 2016
Suzhou
Hello everybody. Who tell me how to use multiwindow[emoji29]
b54e21b201388f5ef4e92bddfddb9250.jpg

通过我的 GT-P7510 上的 Tapatalk发言

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Summarized Standard Disclaimer: use at your own risk. I use it at mine.
    *Full wipe recommended if coming from another kitkat rom*
    MAKE SURE TO HAVE A BROWSER APK. THERE IS NO MORE STOCK BROWSER. For firefox see below.

My personal build "Diamond Rom 4.4" is based on omnirom with the following additions:
    • CM Calculator (the newly redone one they're proud of)
    • CM File Manager
    • CM Wallpapers
    • Bash shell
    • Nano text editor
    • Powertop
    • Koush's full featured open source superuser (and it's INTEGRATED into settings :cyclops: )
    • Carbon rom blue balls wallpaper
    • Cyanogenmod port of 2 column settings adapted to Omni rom.
    • Omni floating window

I've added a few of my personal touches which include
    • Batter circle color changing: green 100%-51% yellow 50%-16% red 15%-0% This was my favorite I9000M framework-res mod that I've missed since switching to CM7.2 way back.
    • Killed lock screen music full screen (personal privacy thing when riding public transportation)
    • Disable android external storage management: messes with ext4 formatted hard drives or multi partitioned hard drives. Use the unix style mount command
    • Disable hardware keyboard on boot: disabled but not removed. You'll have to manually turn it on
    • Removed camera sounds
    • Disable SELinux at the kernel level. It's even disabled on my laptop/desktop at the kernel because it seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.
    • Put the dalvik cache in the cache partition. Don't waste the data partition for it. :cyclops:
    • And of course, comes bundled with my A1 kernel :cyclops:

Every thing I've tested: camera, youtube hd, sound, gps, usb otg(use manual mount command) etc work.

*Instructions*
    First time flashing omni:
    -Read second post FAQ and other important information.
    -Flash TWRP (you can flash twrp over cwm from cwm if you're in that situation)
    -Reboot into new recovery
    -Make recovery backup (optional)
    -Run Titanium Backup (highly recommended)
    -Full wipe
    -Format system partition
    -Install ROM
    -Install gapps
    -Reboot :cyclops:

Subsequent flashes:
    -Install ROM

Downloads
    Mediafire Wifi download folder with md5sum file
    Mediafire 3G download folder with md5sum file
    Mediafire TMobile download folder with md5sum file
    *Authorization to download is just a captcha. Simply enter the text in the picture or name the item being advertised in the picture.* Mediafire sure beats sh***y sites like uploaded.net or rapidgator

A1 Kernel (as its own download)
    V1.9.2: Security fix made aware by cyanogenmod, specifically this. The commit message on my github has a copy and paste mistake. It should list both of those security flaws as patched instead of the same one twice. Oops :cyclops: Security fix comes with ALL roms June 28 and onwards.
    3G/Wifi 6ff199d6c9037d222a70ec0c561c8028
    TMobile a675fd353ad3ad7dbf8e6bf2109fa360

TWRP Recovery
    2.7.1.0 Wifi 6c995325e749e7561893e398847b09a0
    2.7.1.0 3G 8fa04be69d0faf3d9a134e829ddff680
    2.7.1.0 Wifi July 8 a8d12c13aac7430a319369069d814e72
    2.7.1.0 3G July 8 dc1c50622c29c621f29b95f4c53734ea
    2.7.1.0 Wifi August 11 b2c21e8fd58dc38a9c8b7669031b84b1
    2.7.1.0 3G August 11 9f48defe78391e63a9053cbd281f738f
    2.7.1.0 TMobile August 11 87fb29c803a2e3a56d98a1475c5fce8f
    2.8.0.0 Wifi cfdac70d0ccac34cf220887eab72f8b0
    2.8.0.0 3G d7918eb397f54c484e04a6d5cb07945c
    2.8.0.0 TMobile aaf7c6d2455ca32178ec846f5186c774

Newer versions of firefox explicitly disable flash on tegra2. Use my firefox mod which is just normal firefox with a hacked tegra2 blacklisting mechanism. Don't use the old firefox apk. It has unpatched security holes.

Changelog: omnirom gerrit

Sources: https://github.com/AAccount?tab=repositories Has my device trees as well as all the omni repos I forked with my additions.

Credits:
    Kasper_h: helping to make 4.4 possible
    pershoot: original device tree from CM10.1
    Omni team: providing great starter rom and keeping it TF101 compatible
    fred6681: original gapps package. I just removed the 4.4.2 check
    Cyanogenmod team: rom extras like calculator, superuser, to fill in Omni's missing holes and 2 panel settings template.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omnirom+ 4.4 for Galaxy Tab 10.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Contributors
    AAccount
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: Omni

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
    Last Updated 2014-10-11
    New builds are finally up. Instead of posting links to each build I'm sharing the entire folder. Builds starting from today have their md5 sum text file uploaded because I just discovered it was there :p

It's just the usual omni sync. For 3G users, this is probably the first *working* build with the tinted bar feature that omni put in the rom.

Enjoy everyone.
    Hey guys I'm really sorry for not attending to the thread over the last week but I have a lot of school work currently. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to put up a new build or attend much to the thread for the next few weeks. I did make twrp 2.8.1.0 for my tablet but I didn't have time to test it. I think you can see on github the new build flags for the new twrp.

Again, sorry in advanced. :crying:

Oh yeah, but I do still plan to work on this tablet since I have no plans to replace it with a newer model.
    I know it looks like I keep replying to myself but everytime it's something good or useful :cyclops:

Tonight, there is a new recovery TWRP 2.8.0.0. Feature highlights of the new version
    • Error messages print in red color
    • MTP access to your data in recovery!!
    • Recovery kernel recompiled with towel root patch.

The second feature took a bit of trial and error to get working. Hopefully you NEVER see the first one in action :cyclops: As for the third feature, who the heck is gonna use an exploit from recovery considering everything's already running as root :p Well I needed to recompile the kernel for space saving.
    Omni Progress

Just an update on how things are going. There appear to be some very MAJOR QUIRKS in android 5.0. First of all, gapps doesn't appear to be properly saved when I flash each new nightly. Yes I do have the builds run @ 1am every night on my aging laptop. Now that shouldn't mean anything as you can always reflash gapps. However, this DOES cause a problem as the wifi service will always crash and cause a soft boot loop. As in, it will boot but keep going back to the boot animation every 5 seconds. The solution appears to be to flash the gapps and nightly together in twrp. I suspect this has to do with google's wifi location spy thingy I always opt out of.

Flashing nightlies is another issue. Fresh from my laptop they don't flash. update-binary needs to be swapped out to a kit kat one and the install script needs to slightly edited so that it isn't passing 5 arguments in for mount.

I got a nasty surprise last night that the stock email app doesn't work. It just crashes when you launch it. This is unacceptable to me because I HATE the gmail threaded email view. I managed to fix it by commenting out bad code. The new stock email app is actually very pretty once you it works. It's such a shame they shipped it all f***ed up.

Lastly, there are some random reboots that I have gotten the logcats for but don't appear easy to fix if I'm even good enough to do it. One of those random reboots was the gapps issue mentioned earlier. The other I've only caught once. However, omni seems to be doing a good job of keeping up to sync with google's many iterations of android-5.0 releases. (I started on r5. They're now on r7). Let's hope google gets their @$$ in gear in the lollipop code quality with each new iteration.

Check my github for all these changes. I haven't gotten to watch any anime since last Friday ?