Help me please...galaxy tab Exclamation mark

Search This thread

water30

May 22, 2008
i want to flash new firmware but i have little problem...now my tab is show exclamation point between a phone and a computer.
but Galaxy tab can not remove battery for reset this error...
Help me please....

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Edit:
Had the exact same thing happen to me, but its just a bad flash.
Download the JM6 zip (in the development forum) and flash it via Odin. after the device has rebooted, if the previous apps havent been deleted, go into recovery and perform a factory reset and reboot again :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hagar76

primeroz

Nov 27, 2010
i have the same problem, phone - exclamation point - computer ... but i can't get into recovery mode to do a wipe .

is i press VOLUME UP or DOWN + POWER i always end up with the same exclamation point screen ... any help?

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
i have the same problem, phone - exclamation point - computer ... but i can't get into recovery mode to do a wipe .

is i press VOLUME UP or DOWN + POWER i always end up with the same exclamation point screen ... any help?

Read my above post. Go into download mode (volume down + home + power) you'll still have the same image but the phone WILL be in download mode. Then flash your previous firmware and you're sorted.

Sent from my GT-P1000

Reactions: thuanvinhny

ayman07

Feb 25, 2010
You probably got that by messing with the kernel. Fund the zImage from the firmware, extract it with a .tar extractor then use something like heimdall to flash the kernel and it should work.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

slaia

Oct 25, 2010
London, UK
Hi. I'm looking for solution for my problem but nothing has helped me. I cannot restart mu GTab or put it in download mode. I always land into Android system recovery <3e>.

My problem: I cannot restart my GTab anymore. It started when I wanted to do a backup with ROM Manager. Unfortunately EURO TAB isn't supported yet. Then I want to find out whether nandroid backup is possible. From ROM manager I booted into recovery. But there isn't nandroid backup. And now I cannot boot GTab anymore. Every time I restart it brings me back to Android system recovery <3e>. I would be grateful for every solution.

thepittbull

May 27, 2010
Selayang
Help please

Hi. I'm looking for solution for my problem but nothing has helped me. I cannot restart mu GTab or put it in download mode. I always land into Android system recovery <3e>.

My problem: I cannot restart my GTab anymore. It started when I wanted to do a backup with ROM Manager. Unfortunately EURO TAB isn't supported yet. Then I want to find out whether nandroid backup is possible. From ROM manager I booted into recovery. But there isn't nandroid backup. And now I cannot boot GTab anymore. Every time I restart it brings me back to Android system recovery <3e>. I would be grateful for every solution.

Having the same problem too... anyone can help?

Adapt0r

Jan 17, 2009
If you see Phone-!-Pc on the Tab screen it is the download mode.
You can reflash it using Odin, however, you will need to do full Rom flash. I had similar problem and solved it by replashing.
I followed the latest guide published in this forum and Roto-JME rom with reformatting of internal sd.

dannyboy672

Apr 12, 2011
Phone ! PC error FML!!!

Edit:
Download the JM6 zip (in the development forum) and flash it via Odin. after the device has rebooted, if the previous apps havent been deleted, go into recovery and perform a factory reset and reboot again :)

Where can i download the JM6 zip??

Domipost

Feb 13, 2009
Hey guys,

I tried to manually update my tab to Gingerbread today via Odin, but it kept hanging on select partition (I discovered I used the wrong PIT for the firmware I was going to flash, but as I didn't select the firmware yet that shouldn't be a problem). At last I decided to quit Odin (which might have been stupid...) and try it again. Then it kept haning even earlier, so I tried to restart the device in download mode. However, whatever I try it keeps giving the Phone ! PC sign. If I try to just boot, if I try to go into recovery mode or if I try to go into download mode. I saw a lot of possible ways to solve the problem, but my PC doesn't recognize the tab anymore. If I connect it, it does give the "usb device connected" sound, but there is a popup which sais "USB Device not recognized. One of the USB Devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message". I already tried to reinstall the driver but it doesn't work. Also Odin and Heimdall don't detect any device.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? Maybe taking the battery out? (for which I have to buy a new triangle screwdriver, so I need to know if it could possibly work first. It takes some weeks to order such a thing I think...)

EDIT: I played around a bit with the drivers again, and suddenly both Heimdall and Odin recognized it. However Odin stopped recognizing it again. Then I pressed "read PIT" in Heimdall, which worked. After that the device started booting up to the Samsung logo animation and then powered off again. Now it doesn't do anything anymore, not even showing the Phone ! PC screen. I'll charge it overnight (maybe it's gone empty during the process), so I hope that helps.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit:

Read my above post. Go into download mode (volume down + home + power) you'll still have the same image but the phone WILL be in download mode. Then flash your previous firmware and you're sorted.

Sent from my GT-P1000