[APP][GUIDE] Working PSXPeria Ready to Go! NEED TESTERS

Search This thread

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
okay this worked, i sucesfully managed to get crash 3 on pootangas edited PSXPERIA

converted with 1.03 Crash usa

however,i noticed absoultely no changes from non-edited version with the US version -.-

also this is what happens when i select 'Continue' if you press 'save progress' ; black ugly artifacts,almost unplayable ,just like in the non-edited ver

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
wow you guys sure worked hard on this LOL but it does make it simpler i suppose what really needs to be done is someone needs to pick this project up and make it more compatible so more roms will load
no need for sarcasm were just helping the community as we said people are always trying to get this work but fail.

if you dont like are simple guide then kindly **** OFF

Last edited:

Masters2150

Apr 20, 2011
okay this worked, i sucesfully managed to get crash 3 on pootangas edited PSXPERIA

converted with 1.03 Crash usa

however,i noticed absoultely no changes from non-edited version with the US version -.-

also this is what happens when i select 'Continue' if you press 'save progress' ; black ugly artifacts,almost unplayable ,just like in the non-edited ver

You might need to enable software rendering.

I had the same problem with FF7, enabled software rendering, and it's perfect.

Jordanooo

Jun 10, 2011
I actually gave up on tryin to use this before, i always had errors.

This version has worked first time for me, thanks guys!

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Masters2150

Apr 20, 2011
I have tested FF7, works perfectly with software rendering.

I have also tested FF9, graphics work with software rendering. No sound during FMV. I found the FMV patch but no effect. Still playable and runs well, if you don't mind no sound during the videos.

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
Well me and Fma965 have been looking everywhere for things like this. But no one seemed either know, care, or bother helping. I had a post bumping for like a week and NOTHING. Where were people like you who had this info when we needed it?

I saw other people with the same problem. Either no one replied, or no one knew what to do.

So we decided to put together a complete package to get it working.

We are NOT DEVELOPERS. We simply chose to do this to help people like outselves out.

We are not trying to take credit for ANYTHING. When we ask to press the thanks button, it's for people who couldn't find this kind of information and we helped them out by making a new post, and including everything they needed.

Is doing this wrong in any way?

i didnt claim you were doing anything wrong you seem to to be getting rather defensive really quick i didnt accuse of anything.

also im not saying its bad or anything but im trying to to spread false hope to people on the forums of psperia continuing development surely you know how people on these forums are half of them still believe sony are going to emulate psp games rather then port them. look at how may people ask when we get psp emulation still even thought its been answered no 100 times

and about people like me not answering questions well i had a problem with psperia 2.0 beta not working for me and do you know how i solved it by sitting at my computer and reading through the official psperia thread to find out that someone uploaded the files.

im not saying theres anything wrong with this thread infact its useful its just people seem to have a lack of attention and refuse to read whole threads to answer questions they have which have normally been answered already.

if we could get this thread stickied it would help.

also just as a side note most of my posts have been in Q&A helping people solve there problems.

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
i didnt claim you were doing anything wrong you seem to to be getting rather defensive really quick i didnt accuse of anything.

also im not saying its bad or anything but im trying to to spread false hope to people on the forums of psperia continuing development surely you know how people on these forums are half of them still believe sony are going to emulate psp games rather then port them. look at how may people ask when we get psp emulation still even thought its been answered no 100 times

and about people like me not answering questions well i had a problem with psperia 2.0 beta not working for me and do you know how i solved it by sitting at my computer and reading through the official psperia thread to find out that someone uploaded the files.

im not saying theres anything wrong with this thread infact its useful its just people seem to have a lack of attention and refuse to read whole threads to answer questions they have which have normally been answered already.

if we could get this thread stickied it would help.

also just as a side note most of my posts have been in Q&A helping people solve there problems.

firstly i know this wasn't directed to me but i feel i should respond aswell.

we never said that you were or were not.

me and most likely masters dont really care if you think it is good or bad as you can see it has helped atleast 3 people most likely more get it working already. your just 1 of the many people on XDA that either do or dont find this useful. i know what some people are like and because of this i will state...

"THIS IS NOT A CONTINUATION FROM PSXPERIA THIS IS MERELY A GUIDE TO GET IT WORKING!"

Good for you that you have no life and can read through over 50 pages. Well done!

some people lack attention to read 50+ pages so ofcourse 1 simple thread with all the information needed in the first post is going to help some people.

yeah +1 for the stickie :)

nearly all my posts and atleast some of masters are in the Q&A section aswell so you should know that this is here to help people and stop as many un needed questions

final note. i am sorry if i have offended you in any way and i believe masters will say the same.

ENJOY :D

Last edited:

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
firstly i know this wasn't directed to me but i feel i should respond aswell.

we never said that you were or were not.

me and most likely masters dont really care if you think it is good or bad as you can see it has helped atleast 3 people most likely more get it working already. your just 1 of the many people on XDA that either do or dont find this useful. i know what some people are like and because of this i will state...

"THIS IS NOT A CONTINUATION FROM PSXPERIA THIS IS MERELY A GUIDE TO GET IT WORKING!"

Good for you that you have no life and can read through over 50 pages. Well done!

some people lack attention to read 50+ pages so ofcourse 1 simple thread with all the information needed in the first post is going to help some people.

yeah +1 for the stickie :)

nearly all my posts and atleast some of masters are in the Q&A section aswell so you should know that this is here to help people and stop as many un needed questions

final note. i am sorry if i have offended you in any way and i believe masters will say the same.

ENJOY :D

i am sorry if i offended you or masters but the last thing i want is for a useful thread to plagued by people asking when your updating or improving psperia or making a psp emulator as seems to happen in a good 40% of threads about the xplay and about 80% of threads with the words psp or playstation in.

i didnt mean any disrespect when i said you 2 did not change the emulator just trying to clarify to other people that it is a working program from download and not a developer reviving the project currently thats all.

rubbergnome

Oct 23, 2011
I managed to get the apk to compile for soul reaver. With the bin file, it was stuck after the ps logo in a black screen. I tried to convert the bin file to iso, i used it and it doesn't even arrive at the ps logo - it stops after the "danger" screen. Dunno what to do, I can't find an iso on the net :S i noticed my iso weights less than the bin file, which is kinda strange.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINING THAT IT DOESNT WORK
    Please remember, if this guide helps you in any way, press the thanks button for both myself and Fma965! (Second post)

Even though this guide and it's files have allowed alot of people to get things working, that doesn't mean EVERY GAME will work. Even when Yifan Lu was still working on it, there were still games that would no work no matter what you do.

One thing to try is enabling SOFTWARE RENDERING for the game. This can sometimes fix issues, sometimes not.

Check out https://github.com/yifanlu/PSXperia/wiki/Compatibility for a list of games and what can be done to try and help, or see if the game is even playable. If it's not on there, report it here what you tried, or if it just won't work.

Refer to this thread for instructions to enable software rendering: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1220541
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    all credit goes to
    -Yifan Lu
    http://yifan.lu/
    http://github.com/yifanlu/PSXperia

Unbeknownst to poo-tang, files he posted on page 14 of the official PSXPeria thread were what helped get that last little push to get things working!

Fma965 for packaging and testing!
    Masters2150 for writing the tutorial and testing!

This is PSXPeria V2.0 Beta, AND MAY ONLY WORK ON Android 2.3.4. If you want to try it on another version, please do and let us know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all!

Like many of you, Fma965 and myself were having a hell of a time getting PSXPeria to work, LET ALONE, finding support for it.

So we worked together and scoured the internet and forums looking for ways to get this working.

One problem was that you needed the US Crash Bandicoot v1.0.3, as well as the ZPAK that goes with it. Both of which are extremey hard to come by.

We tried many different methods of getting things to work, but ran into programs of corrupt data, or the emulator not working.

Fma965 found a post by poo-tang on the original PSXPeria thread about files needed to get things working on the UK version.

What we found was that these files would work, regardless of being in the UK. So we added them to what we already had worked out, AND BINGO, it works.

We tried multiple games, all worked!

We want other people to test this out and report back if it worked for them.
    Please note, neither I or Fma965 are developers, so if it doesn't work, not much we can do. We just finally found something that worked for us.

The attached file contains PSXPeria, and the required files to make it work. It DOES NOT contain the APK or the ZPAK.

HOW TO USE IT

Just start the program, either psxperiatool.jar or psxperiatool-gui-windows.bat, and run through the program as you normally would.

Choose the image file you want to use by pressing the choose button.

For the game information section, put in the name of the game. Try not to use special characters, while we haven't tested this, special characters have never made things easy.

For title ID, only change the zeroes, make sure you keep the same number of digits. We haven't tried putting in more or less, but it works, so why do something different.

Just leave developer. publisher, and description alone.

You can use icons for the games if you want, they worked when Fma965 used them.

Analog mode DOES work, so you can select it. We only tested this on the few games we had. You have to go into the control scheme of the application an change it to use the analog pads as controls, by default they are set to act as L2 and R2. Scheme 5 or 6 makes them act as controls. Then check the box to enable analog mode.

After this just press CONVERT.

When completed, goto the output folder. take the folder inside the data folder, and copy it to your SD card, put it in the /sdcard/Android/Data folder. Then put the APK file created and put it anywhere. Then just select the APK and install it.

If you try and open it from the installer, it won't work. Either goto the playstation pocket app, or your application drawer and open it from there.

THATS IT!

Please test out your games and tell us if this worked!

If this worked for you, please press the thanks button for me and Fma965, and poo-tang if he ever replies!

LINK TO DOWNLOAD AT TOP OF SECOND POST
    links above are dead so please use the link below
    PSXperia Direct Download!

PRESS THE
    thanks.jpg
    BUTTON FOR BOTH THIS POST AND THE FIRST POST IF THIS GUIDE HAS HELPED

If above download link doesnt work click HERE

Video Tutorial

Tested Games That Work (updated 16:00GMT 8th-mar)

Crash Bandicoot 1
    Crash Bandicoot 2
    Crash Bandicoot 3
    Crash Team Racing
    Crash Bash
    Jade Cocoon
    Bishi Bashi
    Kula World
    Croc
    Croc 2
    Devil Dice
    Danger girl (movie glitches plays fine)
    Tomb raider 3,4,5
    Tenchu 1 (small graphical glitches)
    Tenchu 2
    Quake 2
    Alone in the dark the new nightmare (movie sound glitches and tends to crash)
    Dino crysis 1 and 2
    Resident evil 2 and 3
    Looney tunes sheep raider
    Duke nukem forever
    Medievil 1 and 2
    Parasite eve 1 plays with some (graphical glitches)
    Silent hill (software rendering)
    Gran turismo
    Rouge spear
    Final Fantasy 7 (Software Rendering)
    Final Fantasy 9 (Software Rendering FMV has no sound)
    Colin McRae Rally 2
    Pac-Man World
    Metal Slug (Crashes after a few minutes)
    Tekken 3 (Crashes at end of fight)
    Megaman x6
    Nascar Rumble
    Ridge Racer (lag)
    Ridge Racer Revolution (lag)
    Syndicate Wars
    Micro Machines V3
    Suikoden 2 (Software Rendering)
    Megaman Legends 2 (Software Rendering)
    Breath of fire III (Software Rendering)
    Dead or alive
    Fighting force
    Tomorrow never dies
    Danger girl
    Street fighter
    Hercules
    Resident evil nemesis
    Tomb raider 3
    Tomb raider 4
    Tomb raider 5 (chronicles)
    Delta force
    Pandemonium
    Pandemonium 2
    Ranger elite
    Soul edge
    Spec ops covert
    Test drive 4
    Test drive 5
    Mdk
    Fighting force

Frequently Asked Questions

Do i need root?
    No although you should root your phone anyway!

What rom do i need to be on?
    2.3.4 stock or any 2.3.4 stock based rom (DFR etc.)

Do i need a xperia play?
    yes this will only work on the xperia play

Does this work on CDMA versions of the play?
    if they are running 2.3.4 it most likely will but not if they are on 2.3.3

Do i need a Crash Bandicoot APK?
    No

Do i need a Crash Bandicoot ZPAK?
    No

Do i need any other files other than the files in OP?
    You only need Java JRE installed and of course the ISO of the game you want to convert

What is needed to use a custom icon?
    you need to have the image in .png format and no larger than 170px by 170px

Who do we thank for this?
    Yifan Lu - for PSXperia
    poo-tang - for the files (some of them)
    Fma965 - for the video tutorial, tutorial and testing
    Masters2150 - for the tutorial and testing

PRESS THE
    thanks.jpg
    BUTTON IF THIS GUIDE HAS HELPED
    wow you guys sure worked hard on this LOL but it does make it simpler i suppose what really needs to be done is someone needs to pick this project up and make it more compatible so more roms will load
    no need for sarcasm were just helping the community as we said people are always trying to get this work but fail.

if you dont like are simple guide then kindly **** OFF
    I'm glad there is still interest in this project, but a bit disappointed a guide is the only development that is going on. Nobody is taking the project forward? Not even a better GUI, which I think is one of the main problems with PSXperia (I never concentrated on the GUI, so it's pretty crappy). Now, when the ICS version of Crash Bandicoot comes out, someone should be alert me to it. I'm curious if they would update the emulator by then. (Also: Still no growth in the official PSX library?)

Oh, and I almost forgot. First of all, I'm sorry I went through the trouble of making people "extract" the files and such. That was the only way to prevent me from doing anything even remotely illegal, as I don't want to be accused of distributing Sony's code. Now, this is EXACTLY what this guide is doing. Props to the creator(s) for providing the files, but just a small warning that IF sony cares AND they want to cause trouble, they can say that this download is distributing their code without their permission. Now, personally, I don't have any problems with you guys doing this, but if I wasn't so paranoid, I would have made a one-click "drag your ISO in and press this button" tool a long time ago.
    Glad the files helped others. Its nice to know some people read through things not just skip from first page to the last. :)