White, blue, red, brown, gray or black? New colors!

Marble white or pebble blue?

• White

Votes: 325 44.8%
  • Blue

Votes: 400 55.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
I have the white one and it's really impressive too look at and hold. All that talk about the cheap plastic feel is wrong imho. The phone feels solid and strong in the hand although it could be slippery at times.

All my apple fanboy friends were also impressed with the build quality. Also when the notification led lights up on an event it gives a beautiful glow from under the white skin. The led is not exposed on the outer side like HTC phones. It glows from within the skin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

so you're saying even in their notification led they are given the cyclops too?
:D
eww yuck, now that's what you call ugly.

znejk

Mar 31, 2011
Dalby
I got the blue cause my gf wanted the white one :) its like our car, I decide brand gf decides colour :)

Edit: At least I got her to switch her 3gs to android!

Skickat från min LG-P990 via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
As I said, white phones are for girls, lots of girls in our office all have white sgs2 phones, whilst every guy has a black one, the white one does look nice, but was told by my gf that i would look gay with a white one, so gone for the mans colour, blue phone does look stunning/different in all of the various videos.

Sent using TCP/IP

Isadora

Nov 14, 2009
London
You all make me laugh with your "white is for girls" and "white is gay" I've always had black phones and no-one's ever said "black is for blokes" or "black is for lesbians" or some other ridiculous statement. Just buy the colour *you* like best.

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad

explosivequack

Feb 8, 2012
You all make me laugh with your "white is for girls" and "white is gay" I've always had black phones and no-one's ever said "black is for blokes" or "black is for lesbians" or some other ridiculous statement. Just buy the colour *you* like best.

I agree with what you say, but there are colors that are more feminine then other, for example, my favorite color is purple which a lot of people consider to be a feminine color, and I'm a man and I'm straight. I've been hassled because this is my favorite color before, but I've never seen a girl hassled because her favorite color was red or something. With technology the color girls go for is usually white. But just because its white doesn't make it exclusively for girls or gay people it just comes down to opinion and what you like best.

For me I like darker colors and find white distracting so id go for the pebble blue one.

Isadora

Nov 14, 2009
London
One of my friends who's male and straight also happen to really like purple, I don't think he gives a monkey about what other people might think. And yeah I prefer darker colours too! Frankly I've always ignored the gender typecasting thing ... For instance I love motosport... There's nothing quite like the sound of a racing car engine or a pit lane at night during a 24h race :D

Edit: and for anyone who doesn't following cycling, in the Giro d'Italia, the leader's jersey is pink. Somehow I don't think that implies that whoever happens to be wearing it is gay. Oh and the Lampre team colours also include a lot of a rather lurid shade of pink, yet the riders don't seem to have an issue wearing it.

Last edited:

Obliterator

May 6, 2012
Gold Coast
As I said, white phones are for girls, lots of girls in our office all have white sgs2 phones, whilst every guy has a black one, the white one does look nice, but was told by my gf that i would look gay with a white one, so gone for the mans colour, blue phone does look stunning/different in all of the various videos.

Sent using TCP/IP
So what you're trying to say is that all the 182 people who voted white are bent? Also, I think your office is a bit racist...and a bit sexist lol :p

Anyway as I said before I could barely see the brushed-metal finish on the pebble-blue at the PIN. If you tilt the back at the right angle, with enough light shining on it you will get to see it.

And yea as isadora said, I wouldn't give a crap if my gf told me which colour to get. But yea that's just me. :)
Ultimately, there are two points I consider;

1. It's my money.
And
2. Because it's my money, I do what I want.

Last edited:

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer

Sent using TCP/IP

So... You are saying that because white + male = gay, Gandalf is gay because he wore white???

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
The blue one just looks horrible. It looks like it barely survived a terrifying accident.

So the choice is, do I want to look gay or do I want to spend a fortune on a terrible looking phone.

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
Leaning towards white the more and more I look at it online. I was blue all the way up until about a week ago.. something about the LED noti and the capacitive keys on the white just look damn nice when lit up.. :eek:

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

jithendra194

Apr 4, 2012
Leaning towards white the more and more I look at it online. I was blue all the way up until about a week ago.. something about the LED noti and the capacitive keys on the white just look damn nice when lit up.. :eek:

Yeah man I agree with u.....I'm going for the white one

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Reactions: BoneMo

jithendra194

Apr 4, 2012
Sometimes I feel like the blue one is dipped in ink...lol......I don't like the colour the blue one shows when it shines under light.....it looks kinda ball point pen ink.....hate it......white looks just perfect

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
I can't knock the blue.. even though I'm most likely getting white. The pebble blue sold me from day 1, its a gorgeous looking phone no matter what others say :eek:

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
It had been long enough since I took my sgs2 out of the case that I had forgotten what it looked like naked. The same will be true of this one, down the road I won't even remember what it looked like naked either. This is why I don't care, it could have a faux dog turd colored case and it wouldn't matter because I'll never see it. Basically I chose the blue because the mainstream black(ish) color seems to sell faster on the other end when its time to go.

Obliterator

May 6, 2012
Gold Coast
I'm torn between the two colors. I've had a white phone before, and the white S3 looks amazing, but I like the idea of a blue phone.

Besides, I would totally do this with the blue:

sgs3-flipcover.png

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

You could do that with the white too. ;)

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
I didnt like the blue one when i first saw it, but i am warming to it, and its the one i ordered (because i hate all white phones). I wouldn't mind if the back was white, but the front has to be dark, otherwise it looks a bit naff. I would still much prefer it if it was black. Maybe there will be some skins to cover it up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent using TCP/IP
    So what you're trying to say is that all the 182 people who voted white are bent? Also, I think your office is a bit racist...and a bit sexist lol :p

Anyway as I said before I could barely see the brushed-metal finish on the pebble-blue at the PIN. If you tilt the back at the right angle, with enough light shining on it you will get to see it.

And yea as isadora said, I wouldn't give a crap if my gf told me which colour to get. But yea that's just me. :)
    Ultimately, there are two points I consider;

1. It's my money.
    And
    2. Because it's my money, I do what I want.
    I have the white one and it's really impressive too look at and hold. All that talk about the cheap plastic feel is wrong imho. The phone feels solid and strong in the hand although it could be slippery at times.

All my apple fanboy friends were also impressed with the build quality. Also when the notification led lights up on an event it gives a beautiful glow from under the white skin. The led is not exposed on the outer side like HTC phones. It glows from within the skin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA
    For a phone that is the design of the S III, the white colour looks best. Hands down. I don't know about you guys but I believe it stands out, and imo it's wrong to say that a white phone symbolises femininity. It doesn't. In any way, shape or form.

The main point to consider here is that different colours suit different designs. For example, imo a White S II doesn't really look that great, however, the S III in white simply looks brilliant and I can say that it also blends nicely with their "Inspired by Nature" belief.

Also another point to note is that you can barely see the brushed metal finish on the blue S III, the images posted by Samsung for the Pebble Blue colour are ridiculously exaggerated. If enough light is shone upon the casing, only then can you see the finishing, however in normal lighting it just looks bland.

This is simply my take on what I saw at the Samsung PIN at Earl's court. Everyone's to their own decision, but I really do think that people considering to buy Pebble Blue do reconsider, or atleast wait till they can physically get their hands on both colours for visual comparison.

So it's clear for me. I am going to go for the white one and I hope my statement helps a bit to those confused. :)

Cheers.
    Yep pretty much.. jk :D

(I'm actually considering white now.. got both ordered.. canceling one of em next week.)

Atta boyyy! :)
    One of my friends who's male and straight also happen to really like purple, I don't think he gives a monkey about what other people might think. And yeah I prefer darker colours too! Frankly I've always ignored the gender typecasting thing ... For instance I love motosport... There's nothing quite like the sound of a racing car engine or a pit lane at night during a 24h race :D

Edit: and for anyone who doesn't following cycling, in the Giro d'Italia, the leader's jersey is pink. Somehow I don't think that implies that whoever happens to be wearing it is gay. Oh and the Lampre team colours also include a lot of a rather lurid shade of pink, yet the riders don't seem to have an issue wearing it.