Step by Step:: How To Set up WP7 and Android with NATIVESD / EXT4

Search This thread

noobinius

Sep 9, 2012
Oklahoma City
ALL THANKS GOES TO::::
Code:
[COLOR="Olive"][SIZE="4"]Spaqin[/SIZE][/COLOR], [COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="4"]HypoTurtle[/SIZE][/COLOR], [COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"]Robbie P[/SIZE][/COLOR] for helping me get through this.
Also, to the developers for making this possible.
Also, to [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]96edwysMobile[/SIZE][/COLOR] for his very helpful how to videos that can be found here: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTHRAUHZHlo[/url]

All development, links, and information here are piecemealed together from the forums. I have NOT created ANY of the development. ALL credit due goes to the developers who have worked very diligently to create all of this. I have only tried to put it all together for this singular purpose to:

Set up WP7 and Android Jellybean NATIVESD (EXT4).

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR PHONES. BE CAREFUL AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDES IN THESE FORUMS TO PREVENT ANY IRREVERSIBLE MISTAKES.

!!WARNING!! For future reference. There is a thread that states the spl uses the last24mb in nand memory, so that the 'uselast24nand' option in MAGLDR might lead to bricking your phone! Information on that found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286104

Also, recommended microSD cards that are UHS (Ultra High SPEED) and/or have fast RANDOM read/write access times. This will speed up Android on the SD.

Get a WP7 rom from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1427611 I am using this one: HD2O_2.02_8779

Legend:
WP7 - Windows Phone 7 (this is an operating system for your sweet sweet hd2)
AD SD - This means Android on the SD. (but can be used for other things, like when you WILL make it be used for EXT4RecoverySD.
FAT32 - File Allocation Tables. Check it out on WikiPedia to get a simple yet nearly comprehensive understanding of what this means.
EXT4 - fourth extended filesystem is a journaling file system for Linux, developed as the successor to ext3. (Taken from wikipedia, just another way to write into storage. Another way would be FAT.
HTC HD2 - Thats your phone. I hope! Yikes! The HD2 is a "Legendary" device. Just google "hd2 legendary", and see what I mean. Goonies never die!
MAGLDR - "MAGLDR is an alternative custom bootloader for HTC HD2 that unleashes the full potential of your device by giving you several options to install Windows Phone 7, Android and ClockworkMod recovery on it, as well as allowing you to boot into these operating systems or recovery" ( These operating systems meaning windows 6.5, WP7, Any Android version. iOS? why bother?)
Recovery - This is what you can use to save yourself, restore, or change yourself. It comes in many different flavors. It's like P.E. Class after you've given up.

Start To Finish (let me know of any gaps, and I will fill them in) ::: Set up WP7 and Android Jellybean NATIVESD (EXT4)

START HERE

Hold down Power and Volume Down buttons on phone, till you see the SPL multicolored sreen. It will say serial on the bottom.
Plug in the phone to the computer. "Serial" will now change to "usb".

Download / Install HD2 Toolkit (found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1090783 )
Click Install HSPL
Hold down Volume down button on phone when it powers off so that it boots into what is now HSPL (same multicolored screen as before)

Now back to HD2 Toolkit on computer. Click Wipe(task29). Click ok. Boot back into HSPL on phone by holding down the Volume Down button on the phone.

Now back to HD2 Toolkit on computer. Click Install MAGLDR. Now as phone powers off don't hold anything down, it will boot straight into MAGLDR v1.13.

On Phone inside MAGLDR (can be booted to by holding down power button, but right now it should be the only thing on it and should boot to it automatically.) Go to option 10. Services. Select option 5. ClearSD MBR. Press green call button to accept.

Press the volume down button repeatedly till you get to USB Flasher. Press the green call button to enter usb flasher.

Navigate to your WP7 rom folder on your computer (extract the wp7rom.zip to get the folder). Double click on your DWI.exe file. Follow the prompts in the following dialogs. This will install WP7.

When it boots up to WP7, you will have a few basic setup screens. Skip signing in with a Windows Live ID for now.

After you're in WP7, go to settings (press right arrow on top right of screen, scroll down, touch settings), scroll down, touch about, notice total and available storage amounts, scroll down, touch reset, touch ok/yes. when it powers off hold down the power button (quickly, if the usb cable is still plugged in it will cause the phone to automatically start) to boot back into magldr. DO NOT LET IT BOOT BACK INTO WP7. If that happens,you will have to 'reset' it from settings again.

Once back in MAGLDR. Remove the microSD card. Put it in your card reader on your computer. (edit: IMPORTANT! i re-followed this same guide on another hd2 with a dif sdcard. the sdcard was a sdhc card of 32 glorious gigabytes, and it didn't work. I now know why, because I just did it successfully. It's because i was using a memory card reader for SDcards not SD,SDHC,SDXC memory card reader. MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT MEMORY CARD READER!!) Yes, you HAVE to have a card reader to do this. It cannot all be done from the phone (as far as I know).

From the computer, start EASEUS Partition Manager. (You can get it here, it's free: http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html ) Now, you will see two partitions. You will see a 200mb FAT16 partition and the rest of the space will be marked as 'unformatted'.

Right-click the larger 'unformatted' partition. Click Delete Partition. Click 'ok'. Click 'apply' on top left. Right click the same partitioin and click 'create'. On the following screen, select 'Logical' and 'unformatted' as the partition type (so that it doesn't screw up wp7). Slide the LEFT side of the blue bar over towards the right. Stop it anywhere that leaves the right section LARGER than the left section. You will need enough space on the left for your android ext4 partition and a fat32 partition for media files that will then be shared between android and wp7. Click ok. Let the 'system be updated' dialog (in easeus partition manager) finish.

You will have:
6xqofr.jpg

Now close out EASEUS Partition Manager. Put the SDcard back into the phone. You should still be in the magldr menu. Select option 1. Boot WPH

Go thru Set up screens. Skip windows live sign in. Go back to settings. Select About. Look at Total/Available storage. It should be the same as the unformatted partition we just got through shrinking in EASEUS Partition Manger. Now, power off the phone, but do not choose 'reset' this time.

Once the phone is off, take out the sdcard. put back in the computer. start up easeus again. right click the fat16. press resize/move. slide the right side of the slider over till you leave about 1.5gb unallocated at the end (for the ext4 partition). Click ok. Click apply.

Now right click the fat partition again. Click format. Select FAT32 and cluster size of 32. Click ok. Click apply. Close Easeus.

Now you will have
2itg5ms.jpg

And startup Minitool Partition Manager (get the latest one from here: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html ) You will need the latest one so that you can create EXT4 partitions.

Right click the unallocated 1.5gb partition in the middle. Click create. Select Primary, EXT4, Cluster Size 4kb. Click ok. Click apply. Match settings to this image:
9fnw40.jpg

Now you will have:
34q5yc3.jpg

Right click the unformatted partition at the end (this is the WP7 partition). and select 'set as primary'. ALL 3 partitions will be marked 'primary' now.

Close Minitool. Open Windows Explorer (windows key + E).

Copy your EXT4 Recovery SD (which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673) to SDcard AND your android NATIVESD/EXT4 rom of choice (which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673)

Now put sdcard (SAFELY REMOVE ALWAYS) back into phone. Let it boot naturally to WP7 (to make sure it's still there). Then Power off and boot back into MAGLDR. (Remember just hold down the power button (red end call button) when the phone is off to boot back into magldr.).

From Magldr, go to option 10. Services. Then select Bootsettings. Then select AD SD Dir. Then select your ext4recoverysd folder. You will now be back at the main Magldr menu.

Now select option 2. Boot AD SD. EXT4RecoverySD will now load. Ignore errors at bottom of screen. Select Install from SD, choose your android rom. Choose 'Install to SD-EXT'. Leave RMNET CONNECTION unchecked. Click Next. (Always use defaults unless there is reason not to. Default settings are put there by people that know what is going on for those of us that do not. I'm not joking.) Behold Your Glory, Your Android rom is installing in an EXT4 partition next to your WP7 partition. Oh!)

Now it will say it needs to reboot. when it powers off, hold down the power button till you see the magldr menu once more. select option 10 services, select bootsettings, select AD SD Dir. Change it to NATIVESD. This is where your Android OS is located on your sd card.

Back in main menu, select option 2. Boot AD SD. This will boot your Android Rom. After you boot into your android rom, power down, boot back into magldr, select option 1. Boot WPH and see if you still have WP7!

Once you get booted back in follow the set up screens, and this time enter in your Windows Live information:

What you will need:
a windows live account (login / password). just make it from the phone (easier) or go here: https://login.live.com
a wp7 activation code. call this number 1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676) (taken from this web page): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2431699

Make sure you can download and install apps from Marketplace in WP7 and from Google Play Store in Android! If that works, then you are all SET!!!

Now to switch back and forth between operating systems. Just power down. Hold down the power button when phone is off and boot back into Magldr. And just Choose option 1 boot wph for wp7 and option 2 boot ad sd for Android.

You are Finished!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::good::good::good::cool:

Here is information given to me by turyo on how to allow WP7 to access the fat32 partition!! Thanks turyo!
Install the PartitionGuru http://www.eassos.com/partitionguru/download.php

Right click the first partition(fat32 partition), select Modify Partition Parameters(F11), Change the System identifier to 07: HPFS, then apply and close PartitionGuru.
p.s. - this didn't work for me. did it work for you? what did work for you to get wp7 to read the fat32 party we made together? let us know in this thread, so we can all party!!

Last edited:

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
I used this method and it worked beautifully thank you very much. Just wanted to post my confirmation so others know it is very easy and works great.

Sent from my HTC One X with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: noobinius

noobinius

Sep 9, 2012
Oklahoma City
thank you

I used this method and it worked beautifully thank you very much. Just wanted to post my confirmation so others know it is very easy and works great.

thanks, yes, i think its good people that follow this step by step post their results for others. also, i think it would be good to include which wp7 and android rom you chose.

also, thank you. took a lot of trial and error to finally come up with the exact set of steps. so i appreciate your comment.

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
thanks, yes, i think its good people that follow this step by step post their results for others. also, i think it would be good to include which wp7 and android rom you chose.

also, thank you. took a lot of trial and error to finally come up with the exact set of steps. so i appreciate your comment.

I used pdaimatejam wp7 Rom and I used xylo's aokp jelly bean Rom with native sd install. It worked perfectly for me as I followed your steps to the T.

MTN_HD2

Oct 12, 2010
Hellhole
didn't work for me . after i set all 3 partitions to primary wp7 stops working (says sdcard is damaged) so i tried it again without setting the wp7 partition too primary. wp7 works fine but android doesn't recognize my sd card ! ...
(using WP7.8 + tytung's cm9 ics)

edit : i tried it all over again using Minitool Partition Manager only . now it works

Last edited:

noobinius

Sep 9, 2012
Oklahoma City
I use windows 7.5 and xylos AOKP Jelly Bean (Native SD) at the moment. I would like to update to windows 7.8, but keep the native SD. Is that even possible?
Or do I have to delete everything, and set up Android from the beginning?

when you speak of windows versions, i assume you are speaking only of window phone 7 and not windows 7, correct? look up the build numbers on the roms, i just used 8779 which may or may not be exactly what you are wondering about. don't ask questions before you follow the instructions here. it works for you too.. and if it doesn't work then let me know EXACTLY where it in the steps it stopped working. whether those steps be these or something else. xda-deviants love to find solutions. the more details you can give, the quicker you can meet your desired (fin).

derschnelle

when you speak of windows versions, i assume you are speaking only of window phone 7 and not windows 7, correct? look up the build numbers on the roms, i just used 8779 which may or may not be exactly what you are wondering about. don't ask questions before you follow the instructions here. it works for you too.. and if it doesn't work then let me know EXACTLY where it in the steps it stopped working. whether those steps be these or something else. xda-deviants love to find solutions. the more details you can give, the quicker you can meet your desired (fin).

Hi noobinius,
of course I mean Windows Phone 7 in the Versions 7.5 and 7.8, I thought I could spare me the "Phone"...

I'm sorry if my question didn't come along exactly. I already installed HD2O© v2.02 WP7 8779 by HD2Owner. Now I would like to upgrade to Pdaimatejam Rom Wp7.8 without losing my NativeSD-Partition. So my question is, whether it is possible to change the windows phone installation without starting from Task29?!

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Hi noobinius,
of course I mean Windows Phone 7 in the Versions 7.5 and 7.8, I thought I could spare me the "Phone"...

I'm sorry if my question didn't come along exactly. I already installed HD2O© v2.02 WP7 8779 by HD2Owner. Now I would like to upgrade to Pdaimatejam Rom Wp7.8 without losing my NativeSD-Partition. So my question is, whether it is possible to change the windows phone installation without starting from Task29?!
This only works if your FAT32 partition is larger than your ext4 one.Edit; Or rather, if it is larger than the amount of stuff you have in your ext4 partition.
Backup to pc the fat32 partition and then create enough space on sd fat32 by deleting enough stuff to backup sd ext partition
use 4ext recovery sd "advanced backup sd ext" to backup to sd card.
A folder called clockworkmod is created with your ext4 files in it, save this to pc.
After installing wp7.8 and re-partitioning your card
Re-install "4ext recovery sd" to sd card (and format your sd-ext partition if needed(Do not format sd-ext2, this is your wp7.8))
put clockworkmod folder on sdcard
in recovery advanced menu use advanced restore sd ext
(delete clockworkmod folder to save space)
restore from pc your fat32 files
all done.

Last edited:
Reactions: derschnelle

hellrokr

Jul 30, 2012
A.F.K.
ok, this worked very well.

I installed pda 7.8 and nexusHD2.

But I'm facing one problem. My SD card is not detected by android. Its weird because the android booted from the same SD card so there's no way that the SD card is not mounted.

Any1 facing this problem? Or any help?

also.. thanks for this guide !!

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
ok, this worked very well.

I installed pda 7.8 and nexusHD2.

But I'm facing one problem. My SD card is not detected by android. Its weird because the android booted from the same SD card so there's no way that the SD card is not mounted.

Any1 facing this problem? Or any help?

also.. thanks for this guide !!

Do you have both set as primary and the wp7 is the bigger partition right?

hellrokr

Jul 30, 2012
A.F.K.
oh... missed that line from the tut...

will go home and update the findings...

EDIT: It worked !!! thanks a lot !!

Out of curiosity, can someone explain me why setting windows 7 partition as primary made my fat32 partition detectable by SD??

Last edited:

HypoTurtle

May 5, 2011
oh... missed that line from the tut...

will go home and update the findings...

EDIT: It worked !!! thanks a lot !!

Out of curiosity, can someone explain me why setting windows 7 partition as primary made my fat32 partition detectable by SD??

At a guess I'd say that the sdcard needs to be seen as one single device, it's not the fat32 partition that is seen as sdcard but the whole card
(in partition terms mmcblk0 is taken as sdcard; with partitions being mmcblk0p1, mmcblk0p2 etc.), and I think having both primary and logical partitions causes the mmcblk0 device to be unreadable / broken as a single device.

Reactions: hellrokr

melando

Aug 27, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6
Does anyone know a good way to make the WP7 partition smaller (less than half of the card)?
This was possible using xbmod's partition CABs ... has anyone achieved it directly using partition software?

hellrokr

Jul 30, 2012
A.F.K.
At a guess I'd say that the sdcard needs to be seen as one single device, it's not the fat32 partition that is seen as sdcard but the whole card
(in partition terms mmcblk0 is taken as sdcard; with partitions being mmcblk0p1, mmcblk0p2 etc.), and I think having both primary and logical partitions causes the mmcblk0 device to be unreadable / broken as a single device.

hmm.. i guess that could be it...

ok.. thanks !

Does anyone know a good way to make the WP7 partition smaller (less than half of the card)?
This was possible using xbmod's partition CABs ... has anyone achieved it directly using partition software?

is it even possible?

i didn't know that.. would love to hear from someone who could have achieved this.

Also one more update
I was able to access my SD card(FAT32) in windows

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London

From http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=913815 , it seems that it is only this one-card-method that needs to have wp7 partition larger than android. Probably because wp7 is reset before being installed to the partition.
With two-card-method, wp7 is only switched off and the contents of smaller card are copied to larger one.
So with a careful choice of small card size you can have any size wp7 on larger card. Remember you can first partition your smaller card before copying to larger card, so it does not need to be the whole size of the smaller card.
Should work, any testers?

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Also one more update
I was able to access my SD card(FAT32) in windows

Did you use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915664 ?
Haven't tried it myself:eek:

Reactions: melando

hellrokr

Jul 30, 2012
A.F.K.
From http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=913815 , it seems that it is only this one-card-method that needs to have wp7 partition larger than android. Probably because wp7 is reset before being installed to the partition.
With two-card-method, wp7 is only switched off and the contents of smaller card are copied to larger one.
So with a careful choice of small card size you can have any size wp7 on larger card. Remember you can first partition your smaller card before copying to larger card, so it does not need to be the whole size of the smaller card.
Should work, any testers?

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Did you use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=915664 ?
Haven't tried it myself:eek:

I tried the instructions given on the thread:

Right click the first partition(fat32 partition), select Modify Partition Parameters(F11), Change the System identifier to 07: HPFS, then apply and close PartitionGuru.
p.s. - this didn't work for me. did it work for you? what did work for you to get wp7 to read the fat32 party we made together? let us know in this thread, so we can all party!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ALL THANKS GOES TO::::
    Code:
    [COLOR="Olive"][SIZE="4"]Spaqin[/SIZE][/COLOR], [COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="4"]HypoTurtle[/SIZE][/COLOR], [COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"]Robbie P[/SIZE][/COLOR] for helping me get through this.
    Also, to the developers for making this possible.
    Also, to [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]96edwysMobile[/SIZE][/COLOR] for his very helpful how to videos that can be found here: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTHRAUHZHlo[/url]

All development, links, and information here are piecemealed together from the forums. I have NOT created ANY of the development. ALL credit due goes to the developers who have worked very diligently to create all of this. I have only tried to put it all together for this singular purpose to:

Set up WP7 and Android Jellybean NATIVESD (EXT4).

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DO TO YOUR PHONES. BE CAREFUL AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDES IN THESE FORUMS TO PREVENT ANY IRREVERSIBLE MISTAKES.

!!WARNING!! For future reference. There is a thread that states the spl uses the last24mb in nand memory, so that the 'uselast24nand' option in MAGLDR might lead to bricking your phone! Information on that found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286104

Also, recommended microSD cards that are UHS (Ultra High SPEED) and/or have fast RANDOM read/write access times. This will speed up Android on the SD.

Get a WP7 rom from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1427611 I am using this one: HD2O_2.02_8779

Legend:
    WP7 - Windows Phone 7 (this is an operating system for your sweet sweet hd2)
    AD SD - This means Android on the SD. (but can be used for other things, like when you WILL make it be used for EXT4RecoverySD.
    FAT32 - File Allocation Tables. Check it out on WikiPedia to get a simple yet nearly comprehensive understanding of what this means.
    EXT4 - fourth extended filesystem is a journaling file system for Linux, developed as the successor to ext3. (Taken from wikipedia, just another way to write into storage. Another way would be FAT.
    HTC HD2 - Thats your phone. I hope! Yikes! The HD2 is a "Legendary" device. Just google "hd2 legendary", and see what I mean. Goonies never die!
    MAGLDR - "MAGLDR is an alternative custom bootloader for HTC HD2 that unleashes the full potential of your device by giving you several options to install Windows Phone 7, Android and ClockworkMod recovery on it, as well as allowing you to boot into these operating systems or recovery" ( These operating systems meaning windows 6.5, WP7, Any Android version. iOS? why bother?)
    Recovery - This is what you can use to save yourself, restore, or change yourself. It comes in many different flavors. It's like P.E. Class after you've given up.

Start To Finish (let me know of any gaps, and I will fill them in) ::: Set up WP7 and Android Jellybean NATIVESD (EXT4)

START HERE

Hold down Power and Volume Down buttons on phone, till you see the SPL multicolored sreen. It will say serial on the bottom.
    Plug in the phone to the computer. "Serial" will now change to "usb".

Download / Install HD2 Toolkit (found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1090783 )
    Click Install HSPL
    Hold down Volume down button on phone when it powers off so that it boots into what is now HSPL (same multicolored screen as before)

Now back to HD2 Toolkit on computer. Click Wipe(task29). Click ok. Boot back into HSPL on phone by holding down the Volume Down button on the phone.

Now back to HD2 Toolkit on computer. Click Install MAGLDR. Now as phone powers off don't hold anything down, it will boot straight into MAGLDR v1.13.

On Phone inside MAGLDR (can be booted to by holding down power button, but right now it should be the only thing on it and should boot to it automatically.) Go to option 10. Services. Select option 5. ClearSD MBR. Press green call button to accept.

Press the volume down button repeatedly till you get to USB Flasher. Press the green call button to enter usb flasher.

Navigate to your WP7 rom folder on your computer (extract the wp7rom.zip to get the folder). Double click on your DWI.exe file. Follow the prompts in the following dialogs. This will install WP7.

When it boots up to WP7, you will have a few basic setup screens. Skip signing in with a Windows Live ID for now.

After you're in WP7, go to settings (press right arrow on top right of screen, scroll down, touch settings), scroll down, touch about, notice total and available storage amounts, scroll down, touch reset, touch ok/yes. when it powers off hold down the power button (quickly, if the usb cable is still plugged in it will cause the phone to automatically start) to boot back into magldr. DO NOT LET IT BOOT BACK INTO WP7. If that happens,you will have to 'reset' it from settings again.

Once back in MAGLDR. Remove the microSD card. Put it in your card reader on your computer. (edit: IMPORTANT! i re-followed this same guide on another hd2 with a dif sdcard. the sdcard was a sdhc card of 32 glorious gigabytes, and it didn't work. I now know why, because I just did it successfully. It's because i was using a memory card reader for SDcards not SD,SDHC,SDXC memory card reader. MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE RIGHT MEMORY CARD READER!!) Yes, you HAVE to have a card reader to do this. It cannot all be done from the phone (as far as I know).

From the computer, start EASEUS Partition Manager. (You can get it here, it's free: http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html ) Now, you will see two partitions. You will see a 200mb FAT16 partition and the rest of the space will be marked as 'unformatted'.

Right-click the larger 'unformatted' partition. Click Delete Partition. Click 'ok'. Click 'apply' on top left. Right click the same partitioin and click 'create'. On the following screen, select 'Logical' and 'unformatted' as the partition type (so that it doesn't screw up wp7). Slide the LEFT side of the blue bar over towards the right. Stop it anywhere that leaves the right section LARGER than the left section. You will need enough space on the left for your android ext4 partition and a fat32 partition for media files that will then be shared between android and wp7. Click ok. Let the 'system be updated' dialog (in easeus partition manager) finish.

You will have:
    6xqofr.jpg

Now close out EASEUS Partition Manager. Put the SDcard back into the phone. You should still be in the magldr menu. Select option 1. Boot WPH

Go thru Set up screens. Skip windows live sign in. Go back to settings. Select About. Look at Total/Available storage. It should be the same as the unformatted partition we just got through shrinking in EASEUS Partition Manger. Now, power off the phone, but do not choose 'reset' this time.

Once the phone is off, take out the sdcard. put back in the computer. start up easeus again. right click the fat16. press resize/move. slide the right side of the slider over till you leave about 1.5gb unallocated at the end (for the ext4 partition). Click ok. Click apply.

Now right click the fat partition again. Click format. Select FAT32 and cluster size of 32. Click ok. Click apply. Close Easeus.

Now you will have
    2itg5ms.jpg

And startup Minitool Partition Manager (get the latest one from here: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html ) You will need the latest one so that you can create EXT4 partitions.

Right click the unallocated 1.5gb partition in the middle. Click create. Select Primary, EXT4, Cluster Size 4kb. Click ok. Click apply. Match settings to this image:
    9fnw40.jpg

Now you will have:
    34q5yc3.jpg

Right click the unformatted partition at the end (this is the WP7 partition). and select 'set as primary'. ALL 3 partitions will be marked 'primary' now.

Close Minitool. Open Windows Explorer (windows key + E).

Copy your EXT4 Recovery SD (which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673) to SDcard AND your android NATIVESD/EXT4 rom of choice (which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869673)

Now put sdcard (SAFELY REMOVE ALWAYS) back into phone. Let it boot naturally to WP7 (to make sure it's still there). Then Power off and boot back into MAGLDR. (Remember just hold down the power button (red end call button) when the phone is off to boot back into magldr.).

From Magldr, go to option 10. Services. Then select Bootsettings. Then select AD SD Dir. Then select your ext4recoverysd folder. You will now be back at the main Magldr menu.

Now select option 2. Boot AD SD. EXT4RecoverySD will now load. Ignore errors at bottom of screen. Select Install from SD, choose your android rom. Choose 'Install to SD-EXT'. Leave RMNET CONNECTION unchecked. Click Next. (Always use defaults unless there is reason not to. Default settings are put there by people that know what is going on for those of us that do not. I'm not joking.) Behold Your Glory, Your Android rom is installing in an EXT4 partition next to your WP7 partition. Oh!)

Now it will say it needs to reboot. when it powers off, hold down the power button till you see the magldr menu once more. select option 10 services, select bootsettings, select AD SD Dir. Change it to NATIVESD. This is where your Android OS is located on your sd card.

Back in main menu, select option 2. Boot AD SD. This will boot your Android Rom. After you boot into your android rom, power down, boot back into magldr, select option 1. Boot WPH and see if you still have WP7!

Once you get booted back in follow the set up screens, and this time enter in your Windows Live information:

What you will need:
    a windows live account (login / password). just make it from the phone (easier) or go here: https://login.live.com
    a wp7 activation code. call this number 1-800-MICROSOFT (1-800-642-7676) (taken from this web page): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2431699

Make sure you can download and install apps from Marketplace in WP7 and from Google Play Store in Android! If that works, then you are all SET!!!

Now to switch back and forth between operating systems. Just power down. Hold down the power button when phone is off and boot back into Magldr. And just Choose option 1 boot wph for wp7 and option 2 boot ad sd for Android.

You are Finished!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::good::good::good::cool:

Here is information given to me by turyo on how to allow WP7 to access the fat32 partition!! Thanks turyo!

seems to me to be a bit of a guessing game.;)
    If it were simply a matter of a regedit and reset to change partition size, the devs would have done it some time ago.
    Nevertheless, I don't have anything in nand ATM, so when I get time to re-install wp7 i will play around with it. You know how it is:D
    Nice job noobinius, well done.:cool:

Hi, sorry for replying on old post...

I want to dual boot WP7 with nexus android 4.3 on a 16GB SD, my problem is I'm not going to be using WP7 much and I just wanted to get it to try it out, just for the experience.

I have to cards on me the said 16GB and another 2GB. In the other (older) thread that talked about dual booting, you could set windows up on a small SD and then paste it into the bigger one..

Can I do that with this or not?
    You can, but if i were you i would just use the 2Gb card for wp7, and use your bigger card for android nativeSD. Then you just swap cards when you want to swap OSes (and boot either wph or ad sd using magldr). You can put a cellotape sleeve on the back of your battery cover (either side of sponge) to hold the unused sdcard. And it gives you a whopping 16Gb for plenty of NativeSD roms + media.;)