[Q] root - encryption disaster

Search This thread

sarlo100

Mar 16, 2010
The wife and I both have i317s which we finally got around to rooting via Odin. Mine... no problem (after disabling that damn Knox which was a PITA in and of itself). Hers. Disaster. She had to encrypt her phone for her work email via exchange, and now the phone won't pass through the encryption screen.

I think/hope/wing and a prayer that flashing a (non rooted) stock ROM will fix the problem, but actually finding such a rom is proving to be as easy as a needle in ten haystacks. Any kind of root triggers the encryption lock-up. Factory/hard resets have not solved the problem, it doesn't erase the damn encryption. We may well be hosed, I understand that, but I was wondering if anybody has managed to pull themselves out of this morass? Conversely, any ideas on how to remove the encryption - which seems to be independent of the OS, considering there isn't any OS on the phone at this point.

Any help would be welcome. We're spinning our wheels here, trying to get past this damn encryption. This thing is the "Cousin Eddy" of the Android world. Ugh.