[Answered] Figuring Out How Old an N4 is?

Search This thread

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I''m picking up an n4-16 off of cl for 160. The guy is claiming its a month old, I don't believe it obviously, but I would like to know how old it actually is. On my HTC One S there is a build date in the bootloader. How bout the N4, is there a reliable way of knowing?

I can't answer your question, but I seriously doubt that the phone is only one month old. I don't see a build date on my bootloader, but I'm on a custom rom and so I don't know if it was originally there.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

Reactions: blinksilver

blinksilver

Sep 23, 2007
I can't answer your question, but I seriously doubt that the phone is only one month old. I don't see a build date on my bootloader, but I'm on a custom rom and so I don't know if it was originally there.

Yeah there is no reasonable way it is as new as the seller claims, but if I could figure out a way to get the device's age, I could call him out on it, use it as a bargaining chip and lower the price a bit more. Also the battery needs to be considered, if its a launch device, the battery might be on its last legs.

As an aside, your boot-loader is generally not modified by a custom rom. Such a change is technically possible I suppose, but unlikely. Or more correctly, I've only rarely ever seen it done, and usually its just a cosmetic change, nothing too fundamental.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Yeah there is no reasonable way it is as new as the seller claims, but if I could figure out a way to get the device's age, I could call him out on it, use it as a bargaining chip and lower the price a bit more. Also the battery needs to be considered, if its a launch device, the battery might be on its last legs.

As an aside, your boot-loader is generally not modified by a custom rom. Such a change is technically possible I suppose, but unlikely. Or more correctly, I've only rarely ever seen it done, and usually its just a cosmetic change, nothing too fundamental.

I would suggest shopping around, or save your money for a Nexus 6,which is rumored to be made by Motorola. :cool:

ChavitoArg

Aug 13, 2011
There is an app to know the manufacturer date, but cant remember right bow xd sorry,

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ask to the seller send to your a picture of his bootloader
    if says rev_10 under revision ones (april 2013 or earlier)
    if says more then its newer ones.thats how far we can get I think
    I''m picking up an n4-16 off of cl for 160. The guy is claiming its a month old, I don't believe it obviously, but I would like to know how old it actually is. On my HTC One S there is a build date in the bootloader. How bout the N4, is there a reliable way of knowing?