[Q] Downgrade hboot 1.56 to 1.55

Search This thread

Arregee173

Jul 8, 2013
i need help desperately please. so i bought a sprint htc one to unlock but the unlock wont work. somone on the web said they were able to do the unl,ock but they downgraded the hboot version from 1.56 down to 1.55.
Just wondering is there a tool to downgrade the hboot version from 1.56 to 1.55?
any help will be appreciated

EVANS AMOAH

Feb 5, 2009
Kumasi
Why do you want to downgrade?

Can you help me achieve root and s-off my sprint htc one,kitkat with hboot 1.56.0000? I can see you were able to achieve that looking at your signature,even though I don't know from which rom.
I have tried firewater's method but it didn't work for me,my device is running a complete stock kitkat 4.4.2 rom,any help?
thank you.

EVANS AMOAH

Feb 5, 2009
Kumasi
Can you help me achieve root and s-off my sprint htc one,kitkat with hboot 1.56.0000? I can see you were able to achieve that looking at your signature,even though I don't know from which rom.
I have tried firewater's method but it didn't work for me,my device is running a complete stock kitkat 4.4.2 rom,any help?
thank you.

Never mind I finally did it.

EVANS AMOAH

Feb 5, 2009
Kumasi
How'd your do this? this is the first report I've seen of successfully getting s-off on 1.56. This gives me hope.

What method and how many attempts did you make? Mac or Windows?

I tried all kinds of methods best known to me but none worked while I was on kitkat version 4.06.651.4) using firewater.so this is exactly what I did,
I upgraded to software version 4.06.651.9 (kit kat) before firewater actually worked.So if you really want to achieve s-off using firewater,then you have to upgrade to the latest version number of kitkat.

1.Upgrade to the latest version of kitkat(4.06.651.9)

2.Unlock boot using htcdev.

3.Install custom recovery and superSU to get root access.

4.use firewater to achieve s-off.
Infact firewater worked the first time I tried after installing the latest software(4.06.651.9)
So I advice you to install the latest software and keep your eyes on the phone to grant super user access.
hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How'd your do this? this is the first report I've seen of successfully getting s-off on 1.56. This gives me hope.

What method and how many attempts did you make? Mac or Windows?

I tried all kinds of methods best known to me but none worked while I was on kitkat version 4.06.651.4) using firewater.so this is exactly what I did,
    I upgraded to software version 4.06.651.9 (kit kat) before firewater actually worked.So if you really want to achieve s-off using firewater,then you have to upgrade to the latest version number of kitkat.

1.Upgrade to the latest version of kitkat(4.06.651.9)

2.Unlock boot using htcdev.

3.Install custom recovery and superSU to get root access.

4.use firewater to achieve s-off.
    Infact firewater worked the first time I tried after installing the latest software(4.06.651.9)
    So I advice you to install the latest software and keep your eyes on the phone to grant super user access.
    hope this helps.