Need help/advice

Search This thread

boaaal

Apr 26, 2014
(I'm a noob, keep that in mind plz) A few days ago, I decided to install a custom rom. I chose for the viper 4.0.7 rom (android 4.2.2 JB). I did a lot of reading and followed all the provided steps. In the end, I ended up with a "f**d up phone". At the beginning I was running android 4.2.2 (stock of course). The First thing that I did was unlocking the bootloader, after I did this I noticed that my wifi wasn't working anymore. I thought this wouldn't matter because I was going to install a different rom anyway. As stupid as I was for not making a backup, I flashed the recovery, boot img and rom. Once installed succesfully, I noticed that my wifi wasn't working either. My connection to the provider also weakens sometimes. I tried installing different roms, but still no change. Finaly when I installed a rom running on Android 4.1, my wifi started working (not good though). When I reinstalled the rom, (just to test) my wifi stopped working again... With some roms I don't have any connection to my provider, so i can't call or anything. I have no clue what to do, I have tried everything I could come up with. Also, when i install a rom android 4.3 or above, the phone ends up in a boot loop.

- relocking bootloader
- installing different roms/versions
- Ruu method. This fails, it says it can only update which also fails afterwards.
- Restoring a nandroid backup (found online). Succesfully restores, no wifi.

I really need help right now because i ran out of options..

fastboot getvar all command:

(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.72.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 5.1204.167.31
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.18.401.2
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4131mV
(bootloader) devpower: 100
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
(I'm a noob, keep that in mind plz) A few days ago, I decided to install a custom rom. I chose for the viper 4.0.7 rom (android 4.2.2 JB). I did a lot of reading and followed all the provided steps. In the end, I ended up with a "f**d up phone". At the beginning I was running android 4.2.2 (stock of course). The First thing that I did was unlocking the bootloader, after I did this I noticed that my wifi wasn't working anymore. I thought this wouldn't matter because I was going to install a different rom anyway. As stupid as I was for not making a backup, I flashed the recovery, boot img and rom. Once installed succesfully, I noticed that my wifi wasn't working either. My connection to the provider also weakens sometimes. I tried installing different roms, but still no change. Finaly when I installed a rom running on Android 4.1, my wifi started working (not good though). When I reinstalled the rom, (just to test) my wifi stopped working again... With some roms I don't have any connection to my provider, so i can't call or anything. I have no clue what to do, I have tried everything I could come up with. Also, when i install a rom android 4.3 or above, the phone ends up in a boot loop.

- relocking bootloader
- installing different roms/versions
- Ruu method. This fails, it says it can only update which also fails afterwards.
- Restoring a nandroid backup (found online). Succesfully restores, no wifi.

I really need help right now because i ran out of options..

You must to WIPE cache, dalvik, sormat system and data partition from recovery. After this install new rom

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
For viper x :

Flash the boot.img via fastboot :

Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot erase cache

Enter the recovery and do :

Factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Advanced - wipe dalvik cache
Mounts and storage - format data,cache and system

Then install the rom, choose in the aroma for "no wipe" install and full rom install. Don't delete any apps from the lists.

Then it should boot fine.

These instructions apply with use of this recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp21ubo10xetcvn/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img

Reactions: a.broken.star

boaaal

Apr 26, 2014
For viper x :

Fastboot erase cache

Factory reset
Wipe cache partition

Then install the rom, choose in the aroma for "no wipe" install and full rom install. Don't delete any apps from the lists.

It did install (as usual), but still no wifi.

Last edited:

boaaal

Apr 26, 2014
I localised the problem... It seems that my phone just can't connect to my home wifi network. To solve the problem, I tried resetting the router, but no succes. I also checked if mac filtering was enabled, but it was not. Anyone got some tips left..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For viper x :

Fastboot erase cache

Factory reset
    Wipe cache partition