Sony Xperia P problems.

Search This thread

demian12

Dec 31, 2011
The error above was caused by the missing of the driver. Now I don't get any error only stuck at reading device information, green light on phone and nothing happen
I have instaled windows xp on a partition not virtual machine

I JUST CAN"T BELIVE IT"S WORKING !!!!
THANKS GUYS.
I unloked the bootloader than i tried again and it works :p
Thanks a lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same result, i can only hear the plug in sound from windows 8...

This is a virtual PC so you need to pass through the USB each time you plug in-out the device (but you can automate it at the VirtualBox manager when plugged in on win8). If you have an old laptop or anything that can run a winxp and has an usb slot it may be more easy to use it.

It is an other thing, that the phone uses different drivers for fastboot mode, so you need to install them first (boot your phone into fastboot mode, then install the drivers) just after that can you flash the stock ftf.

Or if you want to use custom rom, you only need to flash the necessary kernel, then go into recovery, push the zip of the rom, install, enjoy...

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

It's power+volume down- green light. for flashmod

I'm more then sure, that you need to use vol up + plug in USB for blue light for fastboot mode. This is Sony, not SonyEricsson. Those are tha last phones that used flash mode.
    Okay, like 1-2-3

Steb-by-step instructions

Delete anything that is related with the stock Sony things (PC companion and drivers currently installed)
    plug in phone, and automatize the USB pass through for the virtual machine at Virtual Machine manager
    install the drivers bundled with the flashtool
    boot your phone into fastboot mode (volume up and while it is pressed plug the phone into the USB).
    For sidenote: you can turn off your phone like this: press vol up + power for 10 secs (until phone vibrates 3, 1 vibe is for restart, 3 is for shutdown). You can only go into fastboot mode when phone is turned off compleatley.
    If everything is set up (drivers, fastboot drivers, flashtool, stock ftf) shut down your phone (see above)
    start flashtool and go into flash, from the list choose the ftf you have copyed (I hope) to the flastool/firmwares directory, and it will say LT22i at the left column (BEWARE LT22i not LT22a !!!).
    click OK then you achieve the screen you posted, but with everithing set up. Press vol up and while doing so, plug in phone.

If you do everithing in the list, then the only thing that could be wrong is the virtual PC (Or you use USB3 instead os USB2 slot).

Enjoy.
    Hi guys. Recently I bought a bricked Sony Xperia P. it boot only the Sony logo and it stuck. As i read i must flash a new .ftf using FlashTool but here's the problem. my device isn't recognize. I got the green light and i can hear the plug in sound from windows but nothing happen.
    Here's the log.

19/009/2014 07:09:39 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
    19/009/2014 07:09:39 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.16.0 built on 19-04-2014 19:00:00
    19/009/2014 07:09:42 - INFO - Checking if changes have been made to devices folder.
    19/009/2014 07:09:47 - INFO - Pulling changes from github
    19/009/2014 07:09:48 - INFO - Devices sync finished.
    19/009/2014 07:09:52 - INFO - Device disconnected
    19/010/2014 07:10:00 - INFO - Selected Bundle for Sony Xperia P LT22i. FW release : 6.1.1.B.1.54. Customization : Sony
    19/010/2014 07:10:00 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
    19/010/2014 07:10:12 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
    19/010/2014 07:10:21 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
    19/010/2014 07:10:22 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
    19/010/2014 07:10:22 - INFO - Reading device information

I'm using Windows 8.1 and and somehow i've instaled the drivers..Any suggestions ?

Use win 7. I just couldn't do anything in windows 8.1 back at the old days... Drivers seems to work, but in reallyti they don't.
    Can I use virtual machine ? :confused:

Can't say anything about that, but in theory that shouldn't be a problem. But if virtual machine just for this use xp instead :)
    Yeah...i set a Windows Xp virtual machine...but i don't know what to do next.
    How to get usb device recognise ?

Pass through the USB slot that the phone uses to the virtual machine, then it will got realised, install the universal naked drivers (you can google it, it is on xda plenty places.) after the installation you can flash the factory ftf with the flashtool. I don't know that in fastboot or flash mode (I think fastboot) but try it. The virtual machine uses designated space, so you need to pass over the necessary files to it.