[Q] Data files get deleted (obb files) automatically but the space is still used.

Search This thread

farzadhitman

Dec 11, 2013
Ok, hello my friends.
I installed some high graphic games like Horn, Modern Combat and etc. They were completely fine a few days ago but today I tried to run them and they started downloading data. then I went to see if the data files are fine but they were all deleted but the storage didn't get free. I factory resetted the phone and started installing the games again. they worked just fine but a few hours later, again the same thing happened. all data files got deleted without any space getting free. please help me and please don't tell me that there is something wrong with my internal storage cause I don't think that's easy to fix.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Ok, hello my friends.
I installed some high graphic games like Horn, Modern Combat and etc. They were completely fine a few days ago but today I tried to run them and they started downloading data. then I went to see if the data files are fine but they were all deleted but the storage didn't get free. I factory resetted the phone and started installing the games again. they worked just fine but a few hours later, again the same thing happened. all data files got deleted without any space getting free. please help me and please don't tell me that there is something wrong with my internal storage cause I don't think that's easy to fix.

Your post is hard to read. Why don't you use paragraphs?

As to your issue, it's a lot more likely that your game simply continues to reserve the space (poor design). Perhaps try clearing the game's app cache

Settings > Applications > Application mgr > downloaded > (game name) > force close > clear cache

farzadhitman

Dec 11, 2013
Your post is hard to read. Why don't you use paragraphs?

As to your issue, it's a lot more likely that your game simply continues to reserve the space (poor design). Perhaps try clearing the game's app cache

Settings > Applications > Application mgr > downloaded > (game name) > force close > clear cache

thanks man. about the writing I'm really sorry, It was a little hasty. I did clear the cash, I even uninstalled the game, but still the space is used.
up to even three days ago everything was fine. can it(this automatically deletion) be because of an update?
Furthermore doesn't an update in the system roll back when I reset to factory?

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I did clear the cash, I even uninstalled the game, but still the space is used.
up to even three days ago everything was fine. can it(this automatically deletion) be because of an update?
Furthermore doesn't an update in the system roll back when I reset to factory?

If you checked carefully, then it's a bug. Much more likely a game bug than an Android one.

A factory data reset wipes the user data and settings in the /data partition. It would not remove an OTA update or otherwise affect system files. Only restoring a pre-OTA backup or installing an earlier version of the full stock firmware will supplant the update.

farzadhitman

Dec 11, 2013
If you checked carefully, then it's a bug. Much more likely a game bug than an Android one.

A factory data reset wipes the user data and settings in the /data partition. It would not remove an OTA update or otherwise affect system files. Only restoring a pre-OTA backup or installing an earlier version of the full stock firmware will supplant the update.

Thank you so much. So I guess it must have been an update that caused the problem(and I say this because it was working for about a month and now factory reset wouldn't help).
Oh and it happens to all my games, so it's not a game problem.
Thanks for replying

bhupij

Sep 28, 2014
same problem here

hey buddy have you found any solution yet..
i got the same problem in my galaxy s4..:crying::crying::crying:

SebaPlawner

Jun 24, 2015
I have found a workaround and I thought it would be a nice idea to wirte it here.
I came to the counclusion that if I did a fresh new reset factory and installing a large mount of files in the internal storage's obb folder it ended up being deleted after rebotting my tablet.
So I decided to do a few steps the next time I reseted my tablet. First, I copied my files using my pc into the SD Card. Then, I installed a random game from Google Play so the tablet could "adapt itself" and install its own obb folder. After that, I installed my apps but not all at once but one at the time and rebooting after every installation for making sure it was all ok.
It concluded not having the error again and after having deleted the random game from the begining my tablet had finally worked.

Hope this idea helps someone having the same problem as I did. Just don't copy all obb files at once, don't copying it directly from the computer but copying them from the SD Card and install some random game for making sure it can at least hold those obb files.

Good luck!