12/22/09 wm 6.5.3 SYS 28014 Available!!!FINAL.

Search This thread

geomun

Dec 2, 2007
Atlanta

Attachments

• hyperlink.jpg
    hyperlink.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 39

mrkite38

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
California
Code:
URL="http://myurl.com"]click here[/URL

lol... what he said. apparently our code tags don't escape our url tags.

Last edited:

bigboy292000

Jun 23, 2009
Well, I hate to be a party pooper but:

I did a hard reset with this ROM installed and after that, my phone can not be programmed (*228) and Internet does not work no matter what I do. I even flashed NFSFAN's 1.0 ROM again and my phone is still messed up in the same way.

I'll have to call Customer Service to see if they can help me get it back on the network.

I have another Vogue that is still on NFSFAN's ROM and I can register that one just fine and it works as expected so dunno what happened here...

One thing that I just noticed: even after I flashed using the NFSFAN's ROM, the phone startup graphics is still the "HTC" one as opposed to Verizon one. It appears like the ROM overwrites more than some otehr roms do. I'll flash back to stock Verizon ROM and see what happens, I think my radio is now screwed up somehow.

Last edited:

bigboy292000

Jun 23, 2009
Verizon has issues with phone programming today apparently.

I re-flashed the phone back to latest stock ROM, soft-reset before customizations and then flashed NFSFAN's 1.0 again. I am unable to run programming on any of my phones so it is possible that all this was just a coincidence and has to do with VZW issues only... :S

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Verizon has issues with phone programming today apparently.

I re-flashed the phone back to latest stock ROM, soft-reset before customizations and then flashed NFSFAN's 1.0 again. I am unable to run programming on any of my phones so it is possible that all this was just a coincidence and has to do with VZW issues only... :S

Man, you got me sad when I read your post saying it killed your Vogue....

This Rom looks SWEEEEEEET!!!!! Can't wait to try it out! Nice work Vin! :D

apurvjawle

Nov 3, 2008
Fremont
Alarm clock

Hi all,

Is anyone having issues with the alarm? I flashed last nite to this rom and I had no alarm this morning. I checked everything: all days are selected, phone was not on vibrate or silent, ring tone was selected and so on.

The only thing I installed after flashing was Marketplace.

I have another question regarding the HTC menu: Is there a way (registry setting( to disable HTC menu which overrides the default windows menu?

Thanks,
Apurv

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Hi all,

Is anyone having issues with the alarm? I flashed last nite to this rom and I had no alarm this morning. I checked everything: all days are selected, phone was not on vibrate or silent, ring tone was selected and so on.

The only thing I installed after flashing was Marketplace.

I have another question regarding the HTC menu: Is there a way (registry setting( to disable HTC menu which overrides the default windows menu?

Thanks,
Apurv

Just set two diff alarms, they both went off....

I think I remember someone thinking it might not go off while charging....????????

bigboy292000

Jun 23, 2009
Well - after confirming that Verizon's system works (by programming my wife's Imagio) - I confirm that something got screwed up in my phone to the degree that I can not either run *228 (and honestly I don't understand that other thread on how to fix that:() but also - I can not get Internet to work no matter what I do. Importing provisioning XML for NFSFAN's MMS fix, creating connection manually etc - nothing seems to work. I just get "invalid username or password".

So something is funky with this ROM, I can't figure what it is. But right now - I dunno how to solve it, luckly I have my wife's old Vogue but eh... too much pain...

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Well - after confirming that Verizon's system works (by programming my wife's Imagio) - I confirm that something got screwed up in my phone to the degree that I can not either run *228 (and honestly I don't understand that other thread on how to fix that:() but also - I can not get Internet to work no matter what I do. Importing provisioning XML for NFSFAN's MMS fix, creating connection manually etc - nothing seems to work. I just get "invalid username or password".

So something is funky with this ROM, I can't figure what it is. But right now - I dunno how to solve it, luckly I have my wife's old Vogue but eh... too much pain...

Yo man,

Data worked right out of the flash for me.

I installed the verizon prov. cab and it worked with no other mod.

Retry maybe????

slow88lx

Apr 18, 2009
Galaxy S4

I won't swear this is your problem, but I just recently had something similar.

A few days ago my data password keep deleting itself or something to that effect, because at random it would ask me to re-enter the password("vzw" in my case). So after trying unsuccessfully to get the password to save and stick, I decided to reflash. Well after doing that I was no longer able to make phone calls.

Long story short, after many flashes and installs of various carrier cab's along with several calls to Verizon tech support.....I figured out my phone number had been altered in the MSID.

Solution:

##778 or Start > Utilities > Phone codes > PST > Select "edit" (or select "view" and check the numbers against what I have written below ↓, that way you don't edit something wrong)

The heading of the page should be "Display"
Change/verify MSID=XXXXXXXXXX(your 10-digit number with area code)

Then navigate to:

View Info > NAM Settings

The heading of the page should be "NAM Settings"
Change/verify Mobile Directory Number=XXXXXXXXXX(your 10-digit number with area code)
Change/verify MIN1=XXXXXXX(your 7-digit number)
Change/verify MIN2=XXX(your area code)
**NOTE**-->Make sure your number shows up in the various fields after that(although it may be broken up or have extra numbers added to it). If you are having the same problem as me you'll notice your MSID is not your phone number(in my case it was 000-000-0759).

Then navigate to:

View Info > M.IP Default Profile

The heading of the page should be "M.IP Default Profile"
Change/verify NAI=XXXXXXXXXX@vzw3g.com

Be careful not to edit anything else. Also if you notice that your MSID really is your phone number then stop right there because you probably have a different problem.

Again I don't claim to know this is your problem but it sounds similar, so you can at least verify your settings are correct by following my instructions.

Last edited:

bigboy292000

Jun 23, 2009
I won't swear this is your problem, but I just recently had something similar.

A few days ago my data password keep deleting itself or something to that effect, because at random it would ask me to re-enter the password("vzw" in my case). So after trying unsuccessfully to get the password to save and stick, I decided to reflash. Well after doing that I was no longer able to make phone calls.

Long story short, after many flashes and installs of various carrier cab's along with several calls to Verizon tech support.....I figured out my phone number had been altered in the MSID.

Solution:

##778 or Start > Utilities > Phone codes > PST > Select "edit" (or select "view" and check the numbers against what I have written below ↓, that way you don't edit something wrong)

The heading of the page should be "Display"
Change/verify MSID=XXXXXXXXXX(your 10-digit number with area code)

Then navigate to:

View Info > NAM Settings

The heading of the page should be "NAM Settings"
Change/verify Mobile Directory Number=XXXXXXXXXX(your 10-digit number with area code)
Change/verify MIN1=XXXXXXX(your 7-digit number)
Change/verify MIN2=XXX(your area code)
**NOTE**-->Make sure your number shows up in the various fields after that(although it may be broken up or have extra numbers added to it). If you are having the same problem as me you'll notice your MSID is not your phone number(in my case it was 000-000-0759).

Then navigate to:

View Info > M.IP Default Profile

The heading of the page should be "M.IP Default Profile"
Change/verify NAI=XXXXXXXXXX@vzw3g.com

Be careful not to edit anything else. Also if you notice that your MSID really is your phone number then stop right there because you probably have a different problem.

Again I don't claim to know this is your problem but it sounds similar, so you can at least verify your settings are correct by following my instructions.

Well, this does seem to be my problem :) but when I go aheadand press EDIT, I get asked for the unlock code which I dunno. :(

What was it for you?

EDIT: Following this... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17667

EDIT 2: The above did not work; it spits out 6 digit number but no joy, still can't edit settings... hmmm

EDIT 3: I am in... use 000000 as per http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=423231&page=7

EDIT 4: Yup, this was it... I am still not able to make *228 1 work, but *228 2 did work and I am just not going to worry about it now.

THANK YOU!

I wish I know what happened!

Last edited:

Travis997

Dec 2, 2007
Um, I flashed this ROM after using NagRom 3.10.

It is extremely unstable.

Programs take forever to open, some don't even work, like Contacts.

Overall I'm having tons of problems.

bigboy292000

Jun 23, 2009
Well, my phone is back (with this ROM) but I am again having lockups. Like I come, press power to wake the phone up, and the only thing I get is the top bar (clock, battery, internet etc). The rest of the screen is just black. After that happens - I need to soft reset.

I turned off Manila now and will try running with Titanium and see if that makes a difference. If not - I'll switch the lock screen ordering to default (slider on top) and see, before giving up.

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
hey vin are you working to release 23504? I noticed nagrom released his but i like all the tweaks and eye candy you put in your roms. so im sitting here wanting to flash his rom but dont wanna if your gonna release soon. what file is it that modifies the start menu icon?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sd Card Installs

I've also had the problem as mentioned above with the weather. Also I'm asking again if anyone else is having a problem with SD card installs. After a shutdown/reboot the program installed to SD card no longer runs, and I get a certificate error. Using 23504 v2. rom
    Just ignore that warning.
    CeRegeditor does it sometimes but the programm is operable.Or try to reinstall ceregeditor

Before I try this. Can you tell me what this will accomplish? I'm unable to get Bluetooth to install PAN and cannot get it to work with a USB Connection either. Will this trick fix that?

Also, I see no way to save the registry in the device as a text file, only as rbk. But that isn't easily convertable to txt.