Very confused about rooting and/or getting KitKat on a Fire HD

Search This thread

ExploreMN

Jun 23, 2007
Hopefully someone can help. So I picked up a Fire HD for a good price and I want to put KitKat on it. Every tutorial or example I find talks about the software version being 7.x.x and mine has 11-something (see pic).

Can I still blow away the Amazon software and get Android on here? Will the walk-through showing 7.x.x work? Am I even in the right section?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
the 11.x.x kindles (2nd gen hd's) have the exploit patched and can't have custom recovery installed on it to allow for custom boot images to be flashed, so the only rom you can flash is kindle water beta, and its not kitkat. Unless someone find a bootloader exploit then you are not going to be able to flash any roms on it outside the one mentioned.

Reactions: ExploreMN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the 11.x.x kindles (2nd gen hd's) have the exploit patched and can't have custom recovery installed on it to allow for custom boot images to be flashed, so the only rom you can flash is kindle water beta, and its not kitkat. Unless someone find a bootloader exploit then you are not going to be able to flash any roms on it outside the one mentioned.