is anyone else not getting notifications from youtube and play store?

Search This thread

gregorina

Oct 21, 2011
Specifically when new videos to subscribed channels are uploaded and updates to installed apps. The only time i get notifications from the play store is when i reboot my phone. Any help to get these working if it's just me would be great. Thanks!!!

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I never get notifications from YouTube but I'm still getting them play store. Try going to your application manager and make sure "Show notifications" is checked.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gregorina

gregorina

Oct 21, 2011
Hmm...you can try uninstalling and reinstall. Are you a custom ROM?

I'm on virgin rom. Mr.V just released an update and i installed it yesterday. So in that way i did a factory reset and reinstalled everything. But I wasn't getting notifications before that either.

How often do you get notifications from the play store? I'm checking to see if there are updates every now and then. But if it gives me a notification maybe once a day, then I wouldn't get any.

Last edited:

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
I'm on virgin rom. Mr.V just released an update and i installed it yesterday. So in that way i did a factory reset and reinstalled everything. But I wasn't getting notifications before that either.

How often do you get notifications from the play store? I'm checking to see if there are updates every now and then. But if it gives me a notification maybe once a day, then I wouldn't get any.

Apps aren't always getting updates so it isn't an every day thing. It sounds to me that it isn't much of an issue. Instead of getting a notification every time one app needs to be updated, the play store sweeps through every 3 or 6 hours to check for anything. I could be wrong tho. Sorry if this sounds confusing. I have 5 kids running around annoying me lol

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Play store will not notify as soon as an update is released, I feel like it checks for updates maybe once every 24hrs, and every time on reboot. YouTube I can't say because I don't have notifications enabled for it

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
Play store will not notify as soon as an update is released, I feel like it checks for updates maybe once every 24hrs, and every time on reboot. YouTube I can't say because I don't have notifications enabled for it

I agree. If YouTube sent me notifications every time a new video was posted, I would throw my phone at a wall lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I never get notifications from YouTube but I'm still getting them play store. Try going to your application manager and make sure "Show notifications" is checked.

Hmm...you can try uninstalling and reinstall. Are you a custom ROM?

Apps aren't always getting updates so it isn't an every day thing. It sounds to me that it isn't much of an issue. Instead of getting a notification every time one app needs to be updated, the play store sweeps through every 3 or 6 hours to check for anything. I could be wrong tho. Sorry if this sounds confusing. I have 5 kids running around annoying me lol

I agree. If YouTube sent me notifications every time a new video was posted, I would throw my phone at a wall lol