I need guidance! Gionee elife e7 mini

Search This thread

shababmf

Jan 17, 2013
muscat
Gionee E7 Mini battery issue after kitkat update

Hello Everyone,

Im having a Gionee E7 Mini and everything was ok before the kitkat update. After the update a considerable amount of RAM was free and device became much more smooth to operate. But the battery behavior is unpredictable. Please find the attached screenshots. Is there any solution for this or do I have to live with it .

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-20-09-18-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-20-09-18-58.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_2014-12-21-20-18-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-21-20-18-59.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_2015-01-03-19-38-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-19-38-38.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 213

oureguts

Mar 10, 2015
Whats the status of the custom rom..... and also please guide on rooting e7 mini kitkat.... farmroot is not working.

sajit85

Mar 12, 2015
BUG WITH KITKAT for Gionee E7 mini

Hi,
Have you checked weather app settings? There is an option you need to turn on called "automatic update". it's working fine with me.
Also I have noticed improved battery backup. I am not sure what is wrong with your device.
Well yes, I too have the notification bug. It shows "unread count" even if there are no new unread SMSs. I asked to their service center and they said it's "operator's issue. not ours" lolz! dumbass!!

Anyways I am working on a custom ROM and soon it will be available here. ;)

Hi,
The issue of unread message is not "operator's issue" rather issue with the "KitKat" version of OS for Gionee E7 mini. The version of OS have a bug which hides some messages which in turn remains unread. The solution I found to get those message is backing up of Inbox and restoring (option available in Message).
Also there is a bug with this version of OS i.e. the battery gets 100% charged in 10-15 min and drains out in next 1/2 day.

The permanent solution I found to his issue was to revert the OS version to previous version.
This can be done through SERVICE CENTER or though the same method as upgrade with ROM and Flash Tool.
OS Link: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B1Hf9FzDNVqDUUN6RGhfTy11eDA&export=download
Flash Tool Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-VxztrUJCD2dnpRWFdoWm1uY0U/edit?pli=1

oureguts

Mar 10, 2015
Heyyy how u rooted ur smartphonr??
Ur rooted on kitkat how????
Plzz ell me toooo

Use this tutorial i rooted e7 mini 4.4.2 and now running CM11 custom rom...... Waiting for lollipop rom this bros currently are working on.....
Go to
youtube
and paste this after .com/watch?v=s66e-kwvKUU

Sorry for this coded message for opening the link as i am not able to post the link till i have 10 posts...........:)

Last edited:

Bejave

Jul 11, 2014
Whats the status of the custom rom..... and also please guide on rooting e7 mini kitkat.... farmroot is not working.

use rootgenius to rooting on kitkat and philz touch for recovery (files attachment below)

Rooting step:
1. download Philz Touch
2. extract and put recovery.img into root/sdcard
3. install rootgenius (data connection is needed, so use wifi or mobile data)
4. open rootgenius app; you will find two box in chinese language, tap on right box
5. tap the green box
6. wait until done, if it done the green robot will cry
7. tap back and tap green box once again, wait until done
8. reboot your device
9. to make recovery, install mobileuncle from playstore
10. open the mobileuncle app, go to recovery update and choose recovery.img from your sd card
11. reboot to recovery mode, if philz touch is working, it's done.
12. reboot system
13. done.

i hope this steps will help you to rooting your device :D

Attachments

• RootGenius_general_mobile.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 177

Bejave

Jul 11, 2014
gionee elife e7 mini kitkat battery awful

i found this battery issue on kitkat stock rom too, the battery drain very fast, so awfull...

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Hello Everyone,

Im having a Gionee E7 Mini and everything was ok before the kitkat update. After the update a considerable amount of RAM was free and device became much more smooth to operate. But the battery behavior is unpredictable. Please find the attached screenshots. Is there any solution for this or do I have to live with it .

Thanks in advance

the solution is use JB or flash custom rom

chintancj

Oct 28, 2014
Hello there, I rooted my gionee e7 mini using kingroot and was successful. But I can't get the xposed frameworks to work on my cell. And even I want to know how to get to custom recovery mode. I want to flash CM 12 or even hopefully cm11 as mentioned by a buddy here above. Any help welcomed!

Sent from my E7mini using XDA Free mobile app

oureguts

Mar 10, 2015
Lollipop rom for Gionee E7 mini

Have got working lollipop 5.1 rom for Gionee e7 mini and it has given me orgasam....

http
://
needrom
.com
/download
/elife-e7-mini-lollipop-rom/

trying my best to post the full link but still i am a new user. Please join and visit the page. Phone is working perfect since last two hours after flashing it.

Reactions: happy3777

Flyagaric

Feb 8, 2015
Have got working lollipop 5.1 rom for Gionee e7 mini and it has given me orgasam....
trying my best to post the full link but still i am a new user. Please join and visit the page. Phone is working perfect since last two hours after flashing it.

http://www.needrom.com/download/elife-e7-mini-lollipop-rom/

Can anyone confirm this?

I am so impressed with Elife E7, that I've decided to get the MINI one for my daughter. Currently at 90-100$ price there is hardly anything better I could choose for her.
What about that MIUI ROM? Teaser released and topic died? Shame ...

oureguts

Mar 10, 2015
Can anyone confirm this?

I am so impressed with Elife E7, that I've decided to get the MINI one for my daughter. Currently at 90-100$ price there is hardly anything better I could choose for her.
What about that MIUI ROM? Teaser released and topic died? Shame ...[/QUOTE]

Its a Lollipop themed rom build on 4.4.2 sorry for the confusion .....Have exchanged e7mini for Mi4i and it is super advance phone and cheaper then E7mini

Flyagaric

Feb 8, 2015
.....Have exchanged e7mini for Mi4i and it is super advance phone and cheaper then E7mini

No ti's not - the price is actually incomaprable. Mini costs around 90-100$ now, while Mi4i way around 200$.
BTW. Would never changed my regular bigger E7 for Mi4i. And the smaller brother E7 Mini is for my daughter.
I doubt I can get a better phone for 90$ for her, even though it only has 1GB RAM. I am not crazy enough to spend over 200$ on my daughter's phone.

joseph_86

Aug 17, 2015
Finally rooted gionee e7 mini 2day!!!!!!! dammit!! XD

Ok guyz here's how you root your gionee e7 mini Kitkat.....Got 2 the kingo app website!! i cudn't upload it caus i had to atleast post 10 times..dont mind!! heck yea....continue here onwards!!! -------->
downld d apk from the website..install d apk in your mobile....n just run it!!! friggin yeah !! it will root the phone 100% worrkin ya guyzz!!! ;)
Happy 2 help!!! :eek:

Bhavesh17894

Jan 25, 2015
Sorry to bump this thread after so long I'm trying to find a custom rom for gionee elife e7 mini. But couldn't find any on xda. But i saw here people talking about custom roms can you redirect me to the proper place for roms and twrp and i'm not used to flashing roms on only internal sd phones....(currently using redmi 1s) so if a small guide can also be posted i will b reallu grateful.

Tarun Raj

Nov 29, 2015
i will try recovery to flash but recovery was not flash in my gioone e7 mine

:confused:

I will try a lot of time to flash recovery but after flashing no recovery mode is in my gioone elife e7 mini plizzzz help me dud

Ryan Daguplo

Apr 23, 2017
Help me please

Can I install custom rom for my Gionee elife e7 mini version 4.2.2 Jellybean without computer???
I've tried it many times because I have watched a tutorial in youtube.
I arleady downloded custom rom for Gionee E7mini but when I turned off my unit then do the firs step (click the power button and volume up button) it is not working.
Please help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I found a temporary solution for the message bug.

1.Go to settings>> apps
    2.Roll over to "All apps" tab
    3.Find Novi launcher>> clear data
    4.Find messaging app>> clear data
    5.Reboot your device.

##########Caution ##########
    By clearing the data of Novi launcher, all folders you have created will be gone and you will see all of your apps scattered. So you have to take the pain to re categories them.

By clearing data of messaging app, all settings will be restored. You have to again customize them according to you.
    ###########################

Though this is not a permanent solution, still you can get rid off that irritating message count notification.

Regards,
    Adwait

Sent from my E7mini using XDA mobile app
    New custom ROM under testing!

Hello guys,
    A good news for gionee e7 mini community! I am working on a custom ROM, a miui port which is under testing. Once I find it working properly, I will upload it for all of you! Wish me a good luck!!
    Teaser!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! Guys! Here is the 1st teaser!! ;)
    Lollipop rom for Gionee E7 mini

http
    ://
    needrom
    .com
    /download
    /elife-e7-mini-lollipop-rom/