[RECOVERY][P31XX] Official ClockworkMod Recovery (Normal + Touch)

Search This thread

maksymillian

Sep 15, 2010
Wakefield
OnePlus 7 Pro
Nice one thanks

Shows connected but seems Odin has stalled
hopefully there is a picture in this post

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 496
Reactions: dswaggz

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Any way to get the backup to ignore /data/media? It doesn't get wiped when /data is wiped, so there isn't really a need to back it up. Found that it was making my backups ~1.5GB larger than they needed to be and caused an issue with restore today.

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
I got the tab w/ 4.0.3 it ota to 4.0.4 the same night will this work on this firmware

swaggedout GT-P3113

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342451808298.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342451808298.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 342

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Dude this so unfair what files am I suppose to put n Odin besides the cwm

swaggedout GT-P3113

bark777

Feb 28, 2012
I got a pass but no recovery any ideas

swaggedout GT-P3113

nah:confused:
i don't even get a pass

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Dude this so unfair what files am I suppose to put n Odin besides the cwm

swaggedout GT-P3113

If you are not able to download CWM after the OTA to 4.0.4, I think that is normal.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/24762-stopping-recovery-overwrite/

Check out this link where jcase provides an unsecured boot image for the last OTA. I'm thinking we might need an unsecured boot image for the new OTA (LG2). If i'm getting this wrong sorry..

:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fz.hary

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
OK I think this what I need but I have no hemidall or adb experience h3ll that was the first time I used Odin I just wish some one would make a flash through stock recovery zip that flashed cwm an root I'm such a noob

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

bark777

Feb 28, 2012
OK I think this what I need but I have no hemidall or adb experience h3ll that was the first time I used Odin I just wish some one would make a flash through stock recovery zip that flashed cwm an root I'm such a noob

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

no worries as the file is not available, yet. I messaged jcase.

Heimdall is easy to use, should that time come. ADB is a long install if you don't already have the java env setup.

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
Is this still necessary?

EDIT: This may depend on what type of filesystem is used.

There is a known bug in ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4 that long file names can POSSIBLY cause backups to hang. There is a solution/workaround:

- boot into recovery

- try to make a backup (no matter if it passes or fails proceed to next step)

- either through terminal emulator or through adb run the following command EXACTLY:

Code:

touch /sdcard/clockworkmod/.hidenandroidprogress

- if you are backing up to external sdcard then run the following:

Code:

touch /sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod/.hidenandroidprogress

For CWM to recognize the .hidenandroidprogress file you need to boot into CWM and go to mounts and storage>>mount /sdcard then go back to backup & restore and make a restore and it should work everytime (as long as you do the steps in that order and you have the .hidenandroidprogress file in /sdcard/clockworkmod & /sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod folders)

Last edited:

ricardowec

Yeehaa - I got a pass:D

My main laptop had win xp and had no luck with Odin. Changed to another with Win 7 and it worked OK. Now got CWM. Ready to flash root package. Must have been a driver problem.

cheers

Maksy

Could you please post what procedure /files you used to flash cwm into stock 4.0.4?.. Ive had no luck.. I always get into stock recovery.

TIA

Reactions: dswaggz

maksymillian

Sep 15, 2010
Wakefield
OnePlus 7 Pro
Could you please post what procedure /files you used to flash cwm into stock 4.0.4?.. Ive had no luck.. I always get into stock recovery.

TIA

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i don't have 4.0.4.
I'm in UK and haven't had OTA so am stuck on 4.0.3
The problems i had was that I couldn't get Odin to flash CWM. It kept getting stuck at 'setup conection'.
The drivers for the XP machine came from Kies. On the Win7 machine i just connected Tab and it seemed to auto search from drivers. No Kies installed on Win7.
Not flashed the root zip yet cos its late, will do it tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P31XX)

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Instructions
    - Power your device off
    - Boot into Download-Mode by pressing Volume down + Power
    - Hit Volume down to accept the warning
    - Start Odin
    - Choose "GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA
    - Connect your Tablet
    - Start flashing

Usage
    Volume up + Power boots your Tablet into Recovery Mode.

Volume up: Highlight up
    Volume down: Highlight down
    Power: Select

Downloads

Official Versions:
    http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager or via ROM Manager

Unofficial Versions for use with Odin:
    P3100 - 6.0.1.0: Download
    P3110 - 6.0.1.0: Download
    P3113 - 6.0.1.0: Download
    OK, as promised, here is the flash able zip(s) of the latest CWM Recovery v6.0.1.1

Instructions:

• download file to sdcard
    • reboot into recovery
    • flash the file you just downloaded via recovery
    • after successful installation, REBOOT RECOVERY in Advanced menu!
    That's it! If all went well, you should be on the latest recovery :D

**DISCLAIMER**
    I take NO responsibility for what you do to your device, just saying! You make the choice to do the things you do, so it is your responsibility to fix your mistakes :cool:

Download links...

p3113-recovery-6.0.1.1.zip

p3110-recovery-6.0.1.1.zip

p3100-recovery-6.0.1.1.zip

Credits...
    - ClockworkMod for the official Recovery!
    - XDA Forums and users for the endless supply of info!

I'm thinking I'm going to create another Thread and include flash able zips and links to ALL the available Recovery's for our devices so I can keep it updated and others don't have to go searching to find these. I'll leave these here for now tho until I do!

Also, if anyone has any issues with anything, lemme know! I can't personally test the zips for the others devices (p3100 & p3110) but they should work fine! Hopefully this makes it a little easier for people wanting to switch recovery's!
    Attached ClockworkMod Recovery with support for external SD card formatted in exFAT, FAT16/32, and ext4 filesystem. This recovery using my exFAT kernel for stock JB ROM, both tested on P3100. exFAT kernel modules loaded and registered successfully to the system but not tested to acces exFAT formatted SD card since too lazy to reformat my SD card (have a big clockworkmod backup). Maybe I will test it if someone give me a 32GB Sandisk card :laugh: This mod base on my work on CF-Root for Galaxy Ace, credit goes to Chainfire :good:
    Is this confirmed working for P3100.DDBLF2 ( build ) of official Android 4.0.4 ?

Recovery is not related to any rom.
    [Recovery] Official ClockworkMod 6.0.1.1

Just saw that ClockworkMod have offically started to support our tab :)

You can get the latest recovery image from here : http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

Use Cyanogenmod's instructions to flash it through Heimdall : http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_2_7.0_(Wi-Fi%2BIR):_Full_Update_Guide