how to protect camera ?

Search This thread

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Ok here is the deal.
I normally use a gel case on my phones. There fit the phones well and cover everything that needs to be.
But they make the phone a lil bit thicker and hide the phone. Normally I get a phone and want to see it for itself.

Well I brought a metal bumper and it looks nice.
But I see that the camera sticks out and touchs when sitting it down.

My girl says that the camera screen is glass and won't break or scratch, but I still like for the phone to not sit on it.

So I am wondering if there is anything I can put around the camera to protected.
I was thinking of something like a form pad so the camera wouldn't touch but idk.

I know some will say get one of the charger back but then it makes the phone thick and defeats the point.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Whole new lens cover assembly cost about $6 on e-bay and shouldn't be difficult to DIY, but you could get some small piece of thick one sided foam tape, cut it to shape and stick around the cam, why not. If it gets dirty or comes off, make new one. Personally I have not seen anything like that commercially, wait, actually there is lens mount you can glue around cam, it comes with small tele lens that you can attach on top.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Whole new lens cover assembly cost about $6 on e-bay and shouldn't be difficult to DIY, but you could get some small piece of thick one sided foam tape, cut it to shape and stick around the cam, why not. If it gets dirty or comes off, make new one. Personally I have not seen anything like that commercially, wait, actually there is lens mount you can glue around cam, it comes with small tele lens that you can attach on top.

Yea I saw the replacements on eBay for like $10ship and I'm a tech person so I can replace it no problem.
And I didn't thing about the lens. I know they have a metal ring.
I'll check into everything.
Thanx.

Sam3gX

Jul 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
I have a metal bumper also. I had an extra home button sticker that I sticked near the camera lens. Now when I lay flat down it doesn't lay on the camera lens.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I use skinomi clear skin. They include a skin for the bottom half of the camera. When my phone is laying flat the lens doesn't touch. As a bonus since you're using a metal bumper, the side skins can act as an all around protection between the bumper and the chrome trim. Much better than what the bumper comes with. But you will probably need to remove the ones on the bumper first as it will become too thick and the bumper won't fit properly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am updated to Kitkat,unrooted. so s-view no work for me. Thats why I took the front flap of my white spigen slim armor view out, and let the back side on on white note3 ... gives it some kind of a z10-ish look. :)
coming back to the point, my case does the job well, apart from protecting the sides from scratches, by keeping the camera lens from having contact when lying flat. well, quite a hefty investment if you want to protect your lens only. but since I already purchased it, it does the job decently, and I dont find it that much of bulky. anyhow, bulky or not, to me - this is a question of habit. i mean, now that I look and take a grasp of my old i9100, it seems very small now, which wasnt the case some months back :) my two cents :cowboy:

Nitish

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
I am updated to Kitkat,unrooted. so s-view no work for me. Thats why I took the front flap of my white spigen slim armor view out, and let the back side on on white note3 ... gives it some kind of a z10-ish look. :)
coming back to the point, my case does the job well, apart from protecting the sides from scratches, by keeping the camera lens from having contact when lying flat. well, quite a hefty investment if you want to protect your lens only. but since I already purchased it, it does the job decently, and I dont find it that much of bulky. anyhow, bulky or not, to me - this is a question of habit. i mean, now that I look and take a grasp of my old i9100, it seems very small now, which wasnt the case some months back :) my two cents :cowboy:

Nitish

Yea i got a normal gel case for the phone. I have always use those without problems but i got a bumper for the note 3. It just feels better, so trying to keep the phone slim.

I thought about putting a dot of hot glue somewhere around it to lift it up. But i just didnt wanna do that to a new phone.
I want a square that would fit right around the camera and stick to the back plate.
Ill keep looking