[Q] Google account action required

Search This thread

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
I've been getting a notification for months now that says "Google account action required." I've tried clicking it, and every time I do my phone reboots. I've installed several factory rom updates since, and every time I do I always wipe my phone, religiously. I contacted Google and they said "boot to safe mode and wipe the cache"...well herp derp, guess what a factory restore does?

Google basically threw their arms in the air and told me they have no idea, then passed me along to LG. LG told me they want to RMA the device...but as you can probably guess, I'm 100% against having no phone for a month while they install a factory rom, exactly like I've done several times.

I've done a little research, and I've never found anything that helps. Most people are running devices from other OEMs and they say unlinking an account from the OEMs app works, and it only happened after updating to 4.4.x. Well guess what? We don't have that sort of app, and it's been happening since 4.2.x, and has happened to me immediately after reinstalling a factory image before I restored any data at all, and after signing in to my Google account. So it's narrowed down to the core android firmware or my account. Since I have thousands of apps, gmail, G+, photos, contacts, etc, etc, etc, wiping my account is NOT an option.

Anyone have any intelligent suggestions, unlike those I got from LG and Google? I'm so tired of my phone rebooting for absolutely no reason!!

Edit:
sorry, i'm retarded...I didn't even list my specs at all lol

AOSP 4.4.2 factory rom
Trinity Kernel for 4.4
xposed (but it happened before xposed even was a thing, I'm just listing it for completeness)
NO mods, additions, add-ons, etc. I'm running a 100% pure factory image, with the exception of xposed...and that runs on top.

Just for the fun of it I just did a nandroid backup, did a FULL wipe (including userdata partition) and reflashed a fresh factory 4.4.2 image, signed into google, rebooted, and 10 minutes later the notification came back. When I clicked it my phone rebooted.

Last edited:

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
I had this a few times when I had a wifi connection but no actual connection to the Internet. (orange connection status) when my network became a little more stable it went away I think.

Sent from my Nexus 4, want to know my current project? Check http://team-fun.eu

Reactions: hp420

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Honestly no idea, normally that notification is from an account issue. Either the password changed or account frozen due to incorrect logins. I take it you can log in fine on a PC? Would be interesting to see what happens if you sign in on another mobile device. Pretty much impossible that this is caused by a hardware fault and if it persists through flash or even a factory reset it indicates it's to do with the account. I'd try disabling backup and restore for your phone, maybe the restore process is bringing back your error.

Last edited:
Reactions: hp420

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Honestly no idea, normally that notification is from an account issue. Either the password changed or account frozen due to incorrect logins. I take it you can log in fine on a PC? Would be interesting to see what happens if you sign in on another mobile device. Pretty much impossible that this is caused by a hardware fault and if it persists through flash or even a factory reset it indicates it's to do with the account. I'd try disabling backup and restore for your phone, maybe the restore process is bringing back your error.

That's not a bad idea, thanks.

I've started scanning all my installed apps, but I have a bunch, so I haven't finished. so far nothing.

Warbuff

Jul 23, 2010
New York
That's not a bad idea, thanks.

I've started scanning all my installed apps, but I have a bunch, so I haven't finished. so far nothing.

Do you use Google my tracks? If so open it. And accept the Google account you want associated. That's the only time I've seen it happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
This just started happening on my phone, PA 4.6 beta rom. Signed then about 30 mins later asking to sign in again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this a few times when I had a wifi connection but no actual connection to the Internet. (orange connection status) when my network became a little more stable it went away I think.

Sent from my Nexus 4, want to know my current project? Check http://team-fun.eu