[Project Cheesecake] Need YOUR help!

Search This thread

motcher41

Jul 29, 2011
Perham, Minnesota
Might be a shot in the dark. I don't have my stock 2.3.4 backup anymore...anyout have a totally stock rooted 2.3.4 backup they wanna upload? I wouldn't my cheescakeing out in the fishhouse today
Of course Idk of a good unbar/unzip that would work on my phone out here
Nevermind. If I screw up my phone out here I wont have any entertainment
Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I am using Cheesecake on the Razr and it worked a day ago, but now it only says "Communicating with the server. Please wait" forever and never stops. I've tried wiping cache and still no such luck.

Reactions: adlx.xda

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Might be a shot in the dark. I don't have my stock 2.3.4 backup anymore...anyout have a totally stock rooted 2.3.4 backup they wanna upload? I wouldn't my cheescakeing out in the fishhouse today

It's in booked's sticky.

naviathan

Apr 8, 2010
I am using Cheesecake on the Razr and it worked a day ago, but now it only says "Communicating with the server. Please wait" forever and never stops. I've tried wiping cache and still no such luck.

Restart your phone. I noticed when I hit servers that don't respond anything from that point on won't respond either until I restart the phone.

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011
Restart your phone. I noticed when I hit servers that don't respond anything from that point on won't respond either until I restart the phone.

+1 if a message stating that "your phone is up to date" doesn't appear you will have to restart the phone. I also try to avoid that server until I have checked the remaining servers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Last edited:

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan

Im pretty sure you will need to SBF to a 2.3.4 kernel because the nandroid restore wont flash the kernel(Im 90% positive on this).

unless your on 2.3.4 already; silly me.

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
If you are on the leaked 234 and have only removed "key bloat" so that the ota to 235 bombs , then a nandroid to the stock "bloat" state will work I have done it.

Assassin74

Apr 19, 2011
how do i uninstall this & get my phone working normal. when i tried to use it it said need motorola dev acct. so i uninstalled it but my social networking just keeps serching for server & i tried to check for system update on my razr & it says need motorola dev acct. Thanx

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011
how do i uninstall this & get my phone working normal. when i tried to use it it said need motorola dev acct. so i uninstalled it but my social networking just keeps serching for server & i tried to check for system update on my razr & it says need motorola dev acct. Thanx

You don't need a dev acct. Read the op closely, I believe it is mentioned. As far as the issue you are having, normally a restart fixes something like that, but you may have to factory reset.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011
this needs a bump

I'll be sbfing and cheesecaking today.

Sent from my Transformer Prime using xda premium

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
No need to sbf just stock 234 leak. Don't you BU a4 u root & BSR? Just nand back, I call that my cheesecake rom.

unimatrix725

Apr 13, 2011
Big Stoned Gap, VA
AnyOne Have The App Link?

Since Megauploads demise it seems MultiUpload has went offline. I would appreciate the link to the app that will check the servers. If I had the server addresses I would just check them on the computer with an appropriate client. (In process of checking some links from PG 19) Many thanks in advance to a repost of the app whose name shall not be spoken of. Even a PM with the link or app would be appreciated.

After some more reading I think the app is called cheesecake???

Thanks 2 skwoodwiva for app repost!!

Last edited:

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Here............
Key to using: once you get the server field to move/scroll ( not an easy task in itself ) the input for scrolling extends to almost the whole screen so you may keep scrolling by "swipe walking" the screen.

Attachments

• com.phydo.cheesecake-1.apk
    15.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background:
    Yes it's true, Motorola has every OTA, every non-accepted OTA, and every non-release OTA and sbf sitting on a sever. Special Motorola employees get access to these, even on their phones through the access of the blur cloud. There are 19 servers.

The Goal:
    Project Cheesecake was a success on finding a few dev builds for the Defy, Atrix, and Photon which lead to an unlocked bootloader on these devices. There is bound to be something on ONE of these servers, and eventually we'll strike gold and find an unlock. Just takes checking everyday.

How you can help:
    Check the servers every change you get! Every phone is a little different, plus keep in mind these are ftp servers, so you might get lucky when you do your scan and you might catch something someone else didn't see before; or you might find something that was uploaded, and then later deleted. Wifi is recommended (but not required) when scanning the servers.

Prerequisites:
    You need to use Root Explorer or another file manager with root permissions, because when you find an update, it's going to put it in /cache and you need to copy it from there to the sd card.

Please be on stock 2.3.5 (1.3.412) or 2.3.4 OTA. If you have deleted stuff or are running a custom rom or something, you will need to sbf for this to work.

Getting Started:
    1)You need to be on stock latest OTA!!
    2) WIPE DATA AND CACHE!!!!

Now an app does it all for you. Imagine that.

1. Okay, so, download THIS APP RIGHT HERE. Edit: Updated link ~ 0vermind

2. Install the app on your phone.

3. Open the app. Click the first button.

4. Reboot.

5. Open app, click second button. Select a server. QA And Staging servers seem most common for updates, but we need to check them all. The default is in Production -> master-blur.whatever.com if you need to get back to it.

6. now click third button in app to check for update. click setup (the moto account thing is bs). Now if it gives you a wifi error, that means the server is down that you chose. If the server is up it will check for an update.

7. If that didn't work, select a new server with button 2, and then check again with button 3.

8. Any comments in this post about the ghettoness or difficulty of scrolling in my app will result in replies including but not limited to A) Slander, B) flaming, and C) death. Try to keep the thread pretty on topic to cheesecake method and other info. I know my app can be refined, jcase has been giving me some tips on streamlining my programming and su permission reduction, but it does good stuff, don't worry. It even remounts system as RO when it uses it.

The app does Scroll! It's just a bit tricky! -- I have found that if I longpress an item while scrolling up, it works better.

Thanks for participating! :)
    Update Found

Heyo,

I found one update using Froyo in server 'master-qa3.blurdev.com'. The update seems to be weird. The update on the screen was reported to be '1.3.231.en.us' but the update zip was labeled '1.2.148.en.us' which is the same name as the leaked GB OTA update zip. Nonetheless, this is an interesting development.

Please PM me for the file. I don't want people who don't know what they are doing to abuse it.

I'll continue searching through the server list for any others.

- mostKnownUnknown
    Here............
    Key to using: once you get the server field to move/scroll ( not an easy task in itself ) the input for scrolling extends to almost the whole screen so you may keep scrolling by "swipe walking" the screen.
    hey guys once i figure out how to pull this update off my phone I found an update on one of the servers; it updated my DX2 to 2.3.5

whom do i give this update too?
    A few dozen cores? Now my interest is really peaked, what kind of system(s) do you have to play with?

I've got access to a 15 node cluster that's pretty good at these kinds of things. Unfortunately, it's a bit older (retired) and isn't getting through the iterations as fast as I'd hoped. I can say for sure that the key store password is not 1, 2, 3 or 4 characters and 5 is looking unlikely.

Given that that p12 file is the same across all the versions of the source they posted on sourceforge, I really think there's a chance it's got a valid signing key inside. Without some luck, I'm just not smart enough to find my way into it in a reasonable amount of time. After 5 characters, it's going to start to take a LOT of time to get through all the possbile combos.

If anyone's got a suggestion for decrypting a password protected OpenSSL PKCS#12 file, we may actually have something worth looking at.