vivo_w ship s-off RL

Please tell me how to start for flash recovery and roms

Attachments

• Dinc2.jpg
    Dinc2.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 18

alochmst98

Sep 25, 2012
Here's how to manually flash a custom recovery. But instead of flashing ClockworkMod, you should flash 4EXT recovery. The steps for flashing are the same. You just flash a different file. In the case of the Incredible 2, 4EXT is the preferred custom recovery.

Once you've got that done, here's a post I wrote about the ideal Incredible 2 setup for use as a daily driver (stable, fully functional, fast, good battery life, and as up to date as possible).

PS- Questions like this belong in the Q&A, help, and troubleshooting forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: sam777777

sam777777

Mar 10, 2014
Here's how to manually flash a custom recovery. But instead of flashing ClockworkMod, you should flash 4EXT recovery. The steps for flashing are the same. You just flash a different file. In the case of the Incredible 2, 4EXT is the preferred custom recovery.

Once you've got that done, here's a post I wrote about the ideal Incredible 2 setup for use as a daily driver (stable, fully functional, fast, good battery life, and as up to date as possible).

thanks for reply

where's the file of 4EXT

to be s-off & unlucked in same time is it ok or make problem

Last edited:

alochmst98

Sep 25, 2012
where's the file of 4EXT
I'm not the 4EXT developer, but here's the .img file for the latest version of 4EXT recovery touch from 4EXT recovery updater. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4d095djgd040ri/4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1.0.0.6_RC1.zip The correct MD5 hash is 40d8980bd2274a5171263f4cc8422aa1.

Later, once you have a working and rooted ROM installed, you'll want to install either 4EXT Recovery Updater or 4EXT Recovery Control. Recovery Updater is the free version but you have to sideload the APK. If you decide that you want to support the developer (and get some additional features), you can buy 4EXT Recovery Control on the Google Play Store.

to be s-off & unlocked in same time is it ok or make problem
That depends on what you mean by unlock. If you mean the HTC bootloader unlock, there is no need to do that and it would cause problems. S-off is exactly what you want. It's better than the HTC bootloader unlock.

If by unlock you instead mean unlocking the SIM so that you can use your phone on any GSM network (AT&T, T-Mobile, or most carriers outside the US) that is unrelated and would not cause any problems whatsoever with your S-off.

sam777777

Mar 10, 2014
s-off & unlocked

That depends on what you mean by unlock. If you mean the HTC bootloader unlock, there is no need to do that and it would cause problems. S-off is exactly what you want. It's better than the HTC bootloader unlock.

it is s-off & I unlocked HTC bootloader from HTCDEV

so now it is s-off & I unlocke in same time like in PIC ((Attached Thumbnails))

plz help me to fix it

alochmst98

Sep 25, 2012
Sorry, I can't help you with the HTC dev bootloader unlock. I've always stayed away from it due to people's advice here, so I don't know much about it. All I can do is point you to this thread and remind you to search both XDA and Google.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

where's the file of 4EXT
    I'm not the 4EXT developer, but here's the .img file for the latest version of 4EXT recovery touch from 4EXT recovery updater. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4d095djgd040ri/4EXT_Recovery_Touch_v1.0.0.6_RC1.zip The correct MD5 hash is 40d8980bd2274a5171263f4cc8422aa1.

Later, once you have a working and rooted ROM installed, you'll want to install either 4EXT Recovery Updater or 4EXT Recovery Control. Recovery Updater is the free version but you have to sideload the APK. If you decide that you want to support the developer (and get some additional features), you can buy 4EXT Recovery Control on the Google Play Store.

to be s-off & unlocked in same time is it ok or make problem

If by unlock you instead mean unlocking the SIM so that you can use your phone on any GSM network (AT&T, T-Mobile, or most carriers outside the US) that is unrelated and would not cause any problems whatsoever with your S-off.
    Sorry, I can't help you with the HTC dev bootloader unlock. I've always stayed away from it due to people's advice here, so I don't know much about it. All I can do is point you to this thread and remind you to search both XDA and Google.