[Q] Help with Instagram

Search This thread

kalantas

Jul 11, 2014
I am quite new with all these and I want some help.
I got a samsung galaxy ace S5830 with cyanogen mod 7.2.0 with android version 2.3.7.
Is there any way to install Instagram? Any apk available?

Thanks in advance

kalantas

Jul 11, 2014
this gave me 1MobileMarket from where i;ve downloaded instagram but unfortunately isn;t compatible with my galaxy ace.
any ideas?
thanks

D

Deleted member 5617821

I got a samsung galaxy ace S5830 with cyanogen mod 7.2.0 with android version 2.3.7.

Thanks in advance

Can you not install it from Google Play? If you can't, then it most probably will not work on your device.

Reactions: kalantas

kalantas

Jul 11, 2014
Yes I cannot install it because the current version available in google store isn't supported by my phone, because of the rom I guess.so I was looking for an older version apk compatible with my current rom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

Yes I cannot install it because the current version available in google store isn't supported by my phone, because of the rom I guess.so I was looking for an older version apk compatible with my current rom.

If you are interested in installing the latest version of Instagram, I suggest you upgrade to CM 9 or above. Are you using Ace S5830 or S5830i? Anyway I tried searching for Gingerbread compatible version and found this (haven't personally tried it),

Instagram 1.1.0 apk for Android

Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

kalantas

Jul 11, 2014
i tried it and as for other older versions i have tested,it gives me the following message

''error your version of instagram is out of date.please upgrade your app to log in to instagram''

So i guess i have to try a more recently released custom rom.
do you have any suggestions?i have tried a lot of them and the one i have now is the most reliable with no problems,that's why i keep searching for an instagram apk compatible.

My device is Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 or just Cooper

anyway,thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

i tried it and as for other older versions i have tested,it gives me the following message

''error your version of instagram is out of date.please upgrade your app to log in to instagram''

do you have any suggestions?i have tried a lot of them and the one i have now is the most reliable with no problems,that's why i keep searching for an instagram apk compatible.

anyway,thanks.

Thankfully I also use Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. I was a bit confused when you posted this question in the S5830i Q/A section. Personally, I suggest you use the CM9 by Rhievaldo. You can also try the other version CM9 and above roms and be a judge yourself. Here is the link to all the custom roms for Ace S5830,

Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST

Hope I Helped :)

P.S. Reported FM to move this to right section.

kalantas

Jul 11, 2014
Thankfully I also use Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. I was a bit confused when you posted this question in the S5830i Q/A section. Personally, I suggest you use the CM9 by Rhievaldo. You can also try the other version CM9 and above roms and be a judge yourself. Here is the link to all the custom roms for Ace S5830,

well i posted this thread from an ipod touch so i went to the wrong section.

is this the rom you are talking about?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554430

D

Deleted member 5617821

many thanks.
i have one more question, can i install this rom you have suggested with CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6 that i currently have or i have to upgrade?
if i have to upgrade this one would be fine?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48806481

CWM 5 is more than enough with CM 7, CM 9 and CM 10 roms. CWM 6 should only be used if you want to go for CM 11 (KitKat) roms. But even in CM 11 roms, there is one rom (KitKat for All) that works quite well with CWM 5. So you are good to go with the recovery you have know. Make sure to follow the installation instructions specified in the thread. Good Luck :)

kalantas

Jul 11, 2014
i've just installed it.everything looks to work fine.
i've tested instagram,it won't leave me to upload a picture but at least i can browse through the app.

have you tested instagram on your device?

D

Deleted member 5617821

i've just installed it.everything looks to work fine.
i've tested instagram,it won't leave me to upload a picture but at least i can browse through the app.

have you tested instagram on your device?

No, I don't use Instagram on Ace. It could be a RAM problem though :confused:

kalantas

Jul 11, 2014
so what do you suggest to do?i pressed the home button in order to close any other running programs but the problem insists:silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821

Thanks in advance

Can you not install it from Google Play? If you can't, then it most probably will not work on your device.
    D
    Deleted member 5617821

If you are interested in installing the latest version of Instagram, I suggest you upgrade to CM 9 or above. Are you using Ace S5830 or S5830i? Anyway I tried searching for Gingerbread compatible version and found this (haven't personally tried it),

Instagram 1.1.0 apk for Android

Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821

anyway,thanks.

D
    Deleted member 5617821
    well i posted this thread from an ipod touch so i went to the wrong section.

is this the rom you are talking about?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554430

No problem as long as you don't repeat it again ;) PS part was put there so that others wouldn't have to report it again. And yes that's the one I meant :)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    many thanks.
    i have one more question, can i install this rom you have suggested with CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6 that i currently have or i have to upgrade?
    if i have to upgrade this one would be fine?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48806481

CWM 5 is more than enough with CM 7, CM 9 and CM 10 roms. CWM 6 should only be used if you want to go for CM 11 (KitKat) roms. But even in CM 11 roms, there is one rom (KitKat for All) that works quite well with CWM 5. So you are good to go with the recovery you have know. Make sure to follow the installation instructions specified in the thread. Good Luck :)