[UPG]Hard-SPL Unlocker for Topaz (AT&T Pure) - Released! Now New Update to HSPL 2.51!

Search This thread

saboxerman

Jul 6, 2010
Duluth
Where and when did you see these 202,204,262 errors? I haven't heard of this before, but I would guess they're coming from the RUU flasher on your PC or shown on the phone's screen in tri-colour mode?

If it's telling you it detected commercial usage, then you'll either have to donate or file a ticket.

Sorry, still new to this stuff, didn't know I wouldn't get a notification when someone replied. I got those errors when trying to Hard SPL. It was on computer screen.

Not sure why it detected commercial use considering it was my first attempt. Olinex eventually got back to me and it went through.

However, this was my last Pure. The phone was ungodly horrible. I had 5 glitch/fail on me in 11 months and AT&T replaced it for free for me.

Long story short, now with Sprint and thoroughly enjoying my new Evo 3D.

Thanks for attempting to help me!

plantunes

Jun 29, 2007
HI...
I've got a recent TOPAZ...
It has installed SPL 2.51.
I've been trying to install OLINEX Hard Spl 2.51 but I never get to past the 0% in tge progression bar of the flashing!
Can anyone help me how to past this?

thato

Jan 12, 2009
Let me get this right.

Before one can flash, a license is needed, which can be requested from you?

But one needs to pay before a license is granted right?

Conclusion: If one doesn't pay, they get no license and therefore will be denied flashing rights.

Is this all correct?

joeyhewitt

Apr 20, 2010
Let me get this right.

Before one can flash, a license is needed, which can be requested from you?

But one needs to pay before a license is granted right?

Conclusion: If one doesn't pay, they get no license and therefore will be denied flashing rights.

Is this all correct?
Not far off. You can open a ticket to request a license at http://support.htc-unlocks.com/open.php , but that is checked manually and sometimes slowly. Paying gets an automatic unlock.

You're not the first to be annoyed by this. I haven't heard as many complaints recently, so either nobody is using it anymore or they're getting free unlocks quickly.

sapphire_pro

May 10, 2008
On e-bay I bought a Vodafone branded Touch Diamond 2. In order to flash another ROM I tried to flash HardSPL. I already unlocked my other T-Mobile TD2 successfully.

With this one I only have trouble.

The automatic mode says that I already unlocked a device and the manual mode stucks at 0%.

I tried other CustumRUU and a "enablerapi.cab" but it didnt worked.

What can I do?

(I read the information that the device could be a return which was unlocked before, what does it mean?)

IMEI: 356158024010718

Who can I contact? (The unlocker support site asks me for a EXT)

acidglory

Mar 27, 2010
same with me...got commercial error.....eagerly to flash custom ROM because i am addict with it when i owned my 1st TOPAZ....now i bought second TOPAZ and very unlucky got this error message on it....

Try to open ticket but no answer..already 5 days and im still waiting.....Do i need to wait or that the only method to unlock that commercial error?I am a student and cannot afford for online donation...

Pls answer me..Thank you in advance....

thato

Jan 12, 2009
same with me...got commercial error.....eagerly to flash custom ROM because i am addict with it when i owned my 1st TOPAZ....now i bought second TOPAZ and very unlucky got this error message on it....

Try to open ticket but no answer..already 5 days and im still waiting.....Do i need to wait or that the only method to unlock that commercial error?I am a student and cannot afford for online donation...

Pls answer me..Thank you in advance....

I logged my ticket 3 weeks ago, still no answer. Perhaps you will be lucky that you get a response.

Krost

Feb 8, 2010
How do I flash Topaz with WM 6.1? Which SPL is needed for that. Tried combinations of HSPL 1.83, HSPL 2.51 and SPL 1.33 with custom and official6.1 ROMs. None of the booted. All leading to cycled reboots. I was surprised wehn even official 6.1 + official SPL 1.33 resulted a cycling reboot. Maybe there is a way to flash HSPL 1.33?

tadiwa

Mar 14, 2006
i accidentally ran Mega-Touch2-HardSPL-Kit-by-jocky2001 on my topaz and now its not even going into bootloader can i bring it back to life please. i am pretty sure i damaged the hardspl how can i recover from that. th program created a file called spl-backup.bin (512kb) if this helps.

kadooosh

Apr 1, 2007
I'm trying to flash a new rom on my phone I just bought but with every update utiliy it stays at 0%.
I bought it 2nd handed so I dont know if they flashed it before, it came with win 6.1 and I flashed it to 6.5 with the original htc rom, that worked fine.

The hard spl wont flash, but when I enter the tri colour screen it does say spl 2.51.0000, does that mean the hard spl is unlocked?

Then why cant I flash any roms?
I tried the enablerabi.cab too.

I'm trying to flash a new rom on my phone I just bought but with every update utiliy it stays at 0%.
I bought it 2nd handed so I dont know if they flashed it before, it came with win 6.1 and I flashed it to 6.5 with the original htc rom, that worked fine.

The hard spl wont flash, but when I enter the tri colour screen it does say spl 2.51.0000, does that mean the hard spl is unlocked?

Then why cant I flash any roms?
I tried the enablerabi.cab too.

No, spl would show 2.51.000.olinex if it worked.
You can flash stock ROMs w/o HSPL.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

i accidentally ran Mega-Touch2-HardSPL-Kit-by-jocky2001 on my topaz and now its not even going into bootloader can i bring it back to life please. i am pretty sure i damaged the hardspl how can i recover from that. th program created a file called spl-backup.bin (512kb) if this helps.

All you can do is try to flash back to a stock ROM and hope it restores your bootloader partition

Phenom1

Jun 17, 2009
Any solution to revert spl 1.83 to 1.33? I try all solutions from first and second post but not working!:confused: Regards!!!

vladimired

Jul 6, 2009
It's telling me that i already unlocked device, but i hadn't unlocked any device. Then it says if something is wrong just skip it - but i get error. Please tell me if it's possible to do something? Because with AT&T firmware EDGE is not working normally in my country.

hinbun

Jul 24, 2008
[SIZE=+3]Hard-SPL Release Time!!!![/SIZE]
[size=+1]NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE[/size]

Dear OliNex can you help me?

When I flash a Diamond2 with official 6.1 ROM, after finish the phone stack on the color screen, showing "Turbo SW/HW not match!".
attachment.php

Rom file name:RUU_Topaz_HKCSL_CHT_1.40.832.2_Radio_Sign_Top az_61.25t.25.19_3.44.25.27_Ship.exe
Rom: 1.40.832.2
Radio: 3.44.25.27
Protocol: 61.25t.25.19

Some member teacher me try to reflash "TopazSPLRelocker SPL133" first, but when I reflash "TopazSPLRelocker SPL133", the phone can change from tricolor to progress bar but the phone stuck at 0%, than after several minutes PC prompt [ERROR 262]. I follow the program to recovery the connection but still the same.

Also I appear same problem which stuck at 0% when flash any cooked rom, e.g. Photon ROM 6.5 and TiGeR Light Ver 1.

I also try Advanced ROM Update Utility for TOUCH DIAMOND2/ TOPAZ by Barin and "CustomRUU.exe" but still stuck at 0% and [ERROR 262], but it is success using official update exe (RUU_Topaz_HKCSL_CHT_1.40.832.2_Radio_Sign_Topaz_6 1.25t.25.19_3.44.25.27_Ship.exe).
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UPG]Hard-SPL Unlocker for Topaz (AT&T Pure) - Released! Now New Update to HSPL 2.51!

[SIZE=+3]Hard-SPL Release Time!!!![/SIZE]

[size=+2]NOTE: This is NOT a SIM unlocker - it also doesn't unlock Security for other radios. if you need that, GO HERE[/size]

NEWER UPDATE: Hard-SPL 2.51.OliNex! you can update to this if you already have Hard-SPL (1.33.OliNex or 1.83.OliNex). to do the update to 2.51, download attachment update_to_251.zip and simply use customruu or do an SD flash (TOPAIMG.NBH).

UPDATE: Hard-SPL 1.83.OliNex! if you have 1.33.OliNex, strongly recommended to update to this, better compatibility with WM6.5 ROMs. you can update to this in 2 ways:
    - simply download new HardSPL package and run it in Automatic mode
    - or you can download the attachment "update_to_183.zip" and flash it using CustomRUU. this only works if you already have 1.33.OliNex

preface: okay, it was released only this weekend! but trust me the wait was worth it as it works really great and smooth now! :D
    important: again, don't forget, each user gets 1 license, or perhaps 2-3 on request if needed (which is valid forever and all this works as transparently as possible, so won't be a problem at all), while businesses who need to unlock more devices than that, need to purchase it.
    contact us via http://support.htc-unlocks.com (do not PM on XDA!) for requesting 1-2 more devices for private user (free), and if you want to discuss bulk unlocking also contact via http://support.htc-unlocks.com or contact cmonex.

Preparations

0) this package is for Topaz (Touch Diamond2, not the original Diamond1) devices. any TOPA***** accepted currently, as long as we don't see a CDMA or other special release.
    1) if you have Vista / Windows 7, WMDC update to 6.1 (or whatever is latest) is recommended: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx

Instructions

read this if unsure how to install Hard-SPL... if you are an experienced user and you just downloaded the HardSPL package and it worked, then cool. :) but if you run into an issue, then you should read the following!

1) download newest Hard-SPL package from Topaz-HardSPL_V5_00R5.zip attachment, extract to an empty folder.
    2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!! and it must not be in Flight mode (i.e. radio should be on).
    3) NEW: internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and license.
    4) run Topaz-HardSPL_V5_09R6.exe on PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). XP requires Admin logon, and Vista/Windows 7 will automatically prompt to allow it to run in Admin mode, allow it please. if the exe fails to run or throws an exception (i.e. crashes), report this in the thread with exact error message/code. if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it).
    5) follow steps as prompted in the Hard-SPL program. if this is the first run of Hard-SPL on a device after hard reset, you must select Automatic flash mode (the first button in Welcome screen).
    notes: you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; the Manual flash option is only to be used as noted below (in NOTE 3 and in troubleshooting section) and you must only attempt the Manual mode if Automatic flash mode or SSPL-Manual.exe already put device in tricolour screen. any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
    6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK.
    7) now it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the thread, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
    8) at this point the device did hopefully went to tricolour screen reporting version as 5.09.C-SSPL, this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. then RUU will instantly launch.
    9) some notes: when RUU says it will hard reset, do not worry, it is not going to do that. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
    10) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
    11) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.83.OliNex, which is the Hard-SPL version.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot, that is the OS version, not SPL!
    to enter SPL to check version, do a soft reset while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.

NOTE 2: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs. also, this has overwrite protection against HTC RUU's overwriting HSPL with a stock one, so if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package is posted here below. use this relocker *only* if you need to return the phone for warranty, and only use it as last step - after reflashing stock OS and radio. see steps at the end of this post about how to reflash stock SPL.

NOTE 3: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPL-Manual-Topaz.exe from SSPL-Manual-Topaz.zip attachment in this post, copy it to the device and run it. then once the screen is showing SSPL, run the Hard-SPL package on the PC and you must select Manual flash option. *important*: make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and device is synced to Windows Mobile even if doing manual method.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU for anything other than SPL flashing (i.e. hardspl or stock spl restore)!!! nothing other than SPL's made by Olinex team (using OliNex custom cert, which is not public) will flash to make SSPL more secure. if you want to flash some other rom, then use shipped RUU or topaz customRUU if you need to flash cooked ROM.

NOTE 5: for developers asking: Hard-SPL is not based on MFG SPL, as it can strictly be used for development and hacking, contact cmonex in PM if you need that one.

NOTE 6: supported OS versions: both 32-bit and 64-bit XP, Vista, Windows 7RC and later. win2000 was untested, and pre-RC win7 (lower than build 7100) is explicitly not supported. also, the program may be unstable or not work on Virtual systems, so it's recommended to try outside Virtual OS softwares. also, version verify: if Hard-SPL package says V509R in first Welcome dialog title (and version 5.09 in About box), it is the latest version, not some crappy beta/old version.

Troubleshooting and Step by Step on reflashing stock SPL are in next post below!

credits

first, "OliNex" is a team which means: cmonex + Olipro
    Olipro -> concept of EXE program that runs on the PC, Hard-SPL concept, server-side license code and maintaining the licenses.
    cmonex -> HSPL package on PC, SSPL loader for windows mobile and SSPL binary. Hard-SPL binary. (SSPL loader: partially based on haret and old pof&Olipro jumpspl code),

finally,
    [SIZE=+2]Donations are always appreciated, the Hard-SPL program will provide you with a link at the end of the process to make it easier. any little helps!!! Thank you!![/SIZE] - and enjoy!! :D
    Hard-SPL for Topaz - Released!

-continued from first post-

Troubleshooting

firstly:
    - read the instructions above.
    you've donated and it still doesn't work: if you donated in Manual mode, you didn't enter an IMEI or it was mistyped. if you donate in Automatic mode, that will always work as long as the error message was about the commercial usage. to fix this, please contact us at the support ticket system link and use HardSPL - Paying category!
    nothing happens on the device, does not enter tricolour screen mode:
    - anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, you can get SSPL-Manual-Topaz.exe from attachment in this post, copy it to the *device* itself and run it. then once the screen is showing SSPL, run the Hard-SPL package on the PC and select Manual flash option. please do not use Manual flash option for any other purposes.
    - please make sure you watch the device screen if it asks about running files (it probably won't, I made sure of that, but just in case, check).
    - also you can try unticking advanced usb/network functionality in settings on the device. exact location of this will probably be: start menu / settings / connections / usbtopc applet.
    general usb connection error problems
    - if you get connection error in RUU after the device goes to x.xx.C-SSPL tricolour screen: make sure device was still synced via USB to the PC at the point of it entering SSPL (the tricolour x.xx.C-SSPL screen) and do not try replugging please, that will probably just crash SSPL.
    - it will take a few seconds for the RUU to detect the device, but do not worry, as soon as the "USB" text on the tricolour screen shows up, RUU will see device. if not (happens very rarely), wait for RUU to time out (or wait a few minutes). then remove back cover, reset, it will boot OS again, then you can retry unlocking process.
    - try a different USB port
    - try different USB cable
    - do not touch USB cable during the process especially if it is already a bit dodgy
    - also do not use USB hub
    - you can also try rebooting your PC
    - and you can try using another PC.
    - another reason for USB connection error: if your PC takes too long to load the drivers (if your device is in bootloader for the first time and perhaps if you are on vista), then if RUU times out, but device still says "USB" on the tricolour screen, just leave it there and re-run the Hard-SPL package when driver installation finishes - you must use Manual Flash option in such a case.
    - finally, you can try disabling antivirus or firewall programs on the PC.
    ModelID checking: if SSPL loader says it's for a different model or device, please contact cmonex in PM for testing SPL on that too. check modelid by entering SPL tricolour screen manually and note what it says (TOPA100, or something else). note: currently SSPL accepts any TOPA*****, but if we get notified of an incompatible (CDMA) topaz version, we will instantly modify it to deny those models.
    other issues
    - if device reports that Enterbootloader.exe fails to run (says missing component or corrupt signature or similar), try a hard reset.
    - if device reboots instead of going to SSPL screen (x.xx.C-SSPL), which is very unlikely to happen, then contact us by PM to cmonex. do not PM OliNex user, that is not monitored frequently (and PM's to it are disabled now anyway).
    - if none of the above help, read thread for further suggestions, if still nothing, make a post in thread describing all details about the exact situation.

- a new note about Hard-SPL versions: if for some reason you intend to use a stock rom, the Hard-SPL version should match the rom. (for example old 1.8x rom with old Hard-SPL, not 2.51, and so on.) cooked roms shouldn't be an issue.

how to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

0. please make sure you already flashed stock ROM and radio, because stock SPL flash is *always* the last step before sending the device in.
    1. download the Relocker attachment, extract the zip and run the EXE on your PC
    2. if you wish to replace RUU_Signed.NBH that got extracted, feel free to do so, but not necessary, the included one is the 1.33.0000 stock SPL. you can also use 1.83 in attachment to this post (Topaz-StockSPL183_NBH.zip)
    3. flash
    4. verify if it flashed by checking version in tricolour screen, it should say 1.33.0000 (or 1.83.0000), not 1.33.OliNex.

About UPDATES:

-the last release (V5.09) added:
    1. SSPL update supports more devices (especially more recent devices that would not update the SPL to Hard-SPL).
    2. HardSPL binary is still 1.83.OliNex, should be fully compatible with HTC's WM6.5 RUU's.
    NOTE: v5.00 will tell you to update to v5.09! and older than v5.00 will not work, so don't bother with the old versions.

-previous release 1 (V5.00) added:
    1. new HardSPL binary, 1.83.OliNex, should be fully compatible with HTC's WM6.5 RUU's.
    2. new SSPL binary, supporting more devices
    3. fixes; this version will also tell you in future if you need an update for HardSPL.

-previous release 2 (V3.01) fixed the following 2 issues:
    1. if you get this error message: "Please make sure the device is still plugged in and synchronized to the PC"
    2. if the SPL version did not change to 1.33.OliNex, but stays on 1.33.0000

PS: if you still get any of these problems let us know in the thread! thank you.
    Thank you very much for HARD SPL.
    Works fine for me.
    I try to make a donation but my Mastercard was not good enough for Paypal, maybe I am from Romania ? :)
    Another way?

send me a PM we can discuss a way :) and thanks!
    Hi all,

After succesfuly installed HardSpl and seen 1.83olinex on the tricolor screen. I synced (for the last time) on that same tricolor screen and started the Relocker.exe by mistake. Now is back to SPL1.33 on the tricolor screen.

PowerOn.

- Freezed in Diamond logo, 30 sec later red numbers

-Soft reset: with tricolor screen and when connect to the pc detect both on the computer(Windows CE device ->HTC Sync, as it should be in device manager but its not recognized as a mobile device so, no sync!) as in the device "USB" instead of "SERIAL".

-SoftReset with SD: If there is an TOPAIMG on the storage card it tries to load. HardSPL cannot be loaded from there, i've tried lots of stock roms wwe with all the req about serial number and all but the closest i get is with an official rom and it starts to load and outputs "checking...." then some red numbers 00280 and "Not Allow!"

- HardReset, asks me if i want to clear all data, if i press the up vol it starts the loading, finishes it with success and then asks to reboot and follows the loop in power on.

Its an UK device, S/N HT95PL103xxx

I've tried to access by mtty with no success.
    Multiple SD cards and sizes.
    Pretty much everything

I would be very thankfull for any help.

Thanks in advance

Since you have stock SPL on your phone now you have to flash a stock ROM which has the correct CID for your phone first. Once your phone boots with that stock ROM again you can install HardSPL again then.

So you have to find a stock ROM which has the correct CID for your device now. You said that it's a UK phone but is it from some operator or a retail device?

If it's a retail device the "regular" UK ROM on the UK HTC website should work, if it's a device that comes from an operator you have to use the operator specific ROM since the generic HTC UK one won't work then (as long as you don't have HardSPL on the phone).

Here you can download generic UK ROMs and a T-Mobile UK specific ROM:

http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=249&act=sd&cat=all
    Hallo,

can I relock my MDA Compact 5 with the TopazSPLRelocker_SPL133.zip or is it only for the HTC TD2??? I need it for warranty reasons. Now it is on 1.83.OliNex.

Thank you.

yes you can use it for tmobile diamond2 too.