The EternityProject Official Motorola Droid 4 ROMs Thread

Search This thread

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Welcome to another EternityProject Thread...!

What's in there?
This is a thread where all the Motorola Official SBFs/FXZs/Fastboot images and OTAs are listed with possibly their download link.

Fastboot Retail

Branding: Verizon Wireless
Market Segment: USA
Version: 6.13.219
Android Version: 2.3.6
DR: 4-1_M1-219
ROM Type: Full Flash
Radio Version:
Bootloader Version: 0A.6C
WebTop Version: ??
Download: EternityProject Servers - Droid-Developers

Version: 6.13.215
DR: 4-1_M1-215
Radio Version: ??
Download: EternityProject Website

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
--kholk

Last edited:

gnoitall

Jan 24, 2011
Omaha, NE
Awesome!!! What version of RSD Lite do we need to flash this?
I'm just speculating here, since (A) I haven't tried flashing it yet, and (B) I don't have any official-source knowledge of this answer, but I would expect "the latest" RSD Lite; I think I have 5.6.4 on my Android dev machine at home, but I'm not home at the moment so I could be wrong. I set it up only a couple of weeks ago, so unless the download link I used was already stale, that should be current.

To be more certain than just me talking out of my ass :confused:, I recommend googling around as well as waiting for someone knowledgeable to answer here.

ETA: According to this tutorial video on fastboot flashing the Razr, 5.6.4 is the version they were using. The general guidance I've seen is that the Razr is architecturally very similar to the D4, so that is probably the best answer unless a newer rev has leaked in the intervening month or so.

ETA2: A little forum searching and I find this post with a download of RSD Lite 5.7. I stand corrected, I think. I'll be downloading and trying that tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: jy3ng4

gnoitall

Jan 24, 2011
Omaha, NE
Has any one that was bricked confirmed this as working?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
I can confirm that this recovery xml.zip, using the tools and procedures kholk posted, completely recovered my phone from boot-loop bricked state.

After the "decompress and start flashing" part of the instructions, it took about 15 minutes to flash and about another 10 minutes rebooting into normal recovery (the little android and open box icon), then one more reboot and I was re-connecting to my gmail account.

After that, the kind of magic Android Google settings recovery thing happened and the phone even remembered and reconnected to my home wi-fi.

As it stands, my phone is now pristine, fully stock, and with my settings and /sdcard stuff fully back. 4G and phone number too. (That probably wasn't in doubt, but I'll say it for completeness' sake.)

I judge that this fastboot recovery file to be perfect, and kholk's instructions were flawless.:D

daywalker04

Apr 18, 2011
Last edited:

dewhashish

Jan 29, 2012
thanks kholk! now i can overclock my droid 4 and hope more development will start, also can't wait to see if your custom kernel starts working on the CDMA RAZR and D4

jy3ng4

Mar 4, 2010
Someone posted over on droidforums.net that this failed and now she's getting a "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)" message:

SO I definitely just tried this and it definitely stopped on 17/18 and it said Flash Failure. And now I can't even get my phone to turn on.

It says:

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
OA.6C
To return to normal mode -- first press power key to power down (i tried this)
Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0

Battery Ok
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

I did what it said to do. Now what do I do?! I tried to go back to the screen where I clicked on AP Fastboot Flash Mode, and I tried clicking on Normal reboot, recovery, and just about every other option available, and nothing worked.

Someone please help me ! I just got this phone a month ago, and I'm going out of town tomorrow and need to have a working phone!

Anyone else heard of this problem? Is there a fix?

bdsullivan

Dec 23, 2011
I followed the steps as shown in the video... and I'm still bootlooping... this isn't good.

If you are bootlooping after a fxz flash go into stock recovery. Power off then power back on while holding both vol UP and down. Then at the android and triangle press both vol keys to enter stock recovery. Wipe data and cache then reboot and you should boot up to setup screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to another EternityProject Thread...!

What's in there?
    This is a thread where all the Motorola Official SBFs/FXZs/Fastboot images and OTAs are listed with possibly their download link.

Fastboot Retail

Version: 6.13.219
    DR: 4-1_M1-219
    Radio Version:
    Download: EternityProject Servers - Droid-Developers

Version: 6.13.215
    DR: 4-1_M1-215
    Radio Version: ??
    Download: EternityProject Website

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    OTAs:

To: 6.13.219
    Download: HERE

Thanks to:
    omniuni for the 6.13.219 OTA
    Has any one that was bricked confirmed this as working?

I can confirm that this recovery xml.zip, using the tools and procedures kholk posted, completely recovered my phone from boot-loop bricked state.

After the "decompress and start flashing" part of the instructions, it took about 15 minutes to flash and about another 10 minutes rebooting into normal recovery (the little android and open box icon), then one more reboot and I was re-connecting to my gmail account.

After that, the kind of magic Android Google settings recovery thing happened and the phone even remembered and reconnected to my home wi-fi.

As it stands, my phone is now pristine, fully stock, and with my settings and /sdcard stuff fully back. 4G and phone number too. (That probably wasn't in doubt, but I'll say it for completeness' sake.)

I judge that this fastboot recovery file to be perfect, and kholk's instructions were flawless.:D
    Awesome!!! What version of RSD Lite do we need to flash this?
    I'm just speculating here, since (A) I haven't tried flashing it yet, and (B) I don't have any official-source knowledge of this answer, but I would expect "the latest" RSD Lite; I think I have 5.6.4 on my Android dev machine at home, but I'm not home at the moment so I could be wrong. I set it up only a couple of weeks ago, so unless the download link I used was already stale, that should be current.

To be more certain than just me talking out of my ass :confused:, I recommend googling around as well as waiting for someone knowledgeable to answer here.

ETA: According to this tutorial video on fastboot flashing the Razr, 5.6.4 is the version they were using. The general guidance I've seen is that the Razr is architecturally very similar to the D4, so that is probably the best answer unless a newer rev has leaked in the intervening month or so.

ETA2: A little forum searching and I find this post with a download of RSD Lite 5.7. I stand corrected, I think. I'll be downloading and trying that tonight.