• Pinky Desire

Votes: 30 5.5%
  • NexTSense

Votes: 37 6.8%
  • Roufianos

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • FROYO AOSP OpenDesire

Votes: 54 10.0%
  • Rooted Official HTC Android 2.2 (FroYo)

Votes: 48 8.9%
  • NeoPhyTe ROM v1.4a Sense-FroYo

Votes: 29 5.4%
  • CyanogenMod-6

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • DeFroST

Votes: 40 7.4%
  • LP2.2 Based on official Upgrade

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM OpenDesire Team

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • jdfroyo

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Official HTC Android 2.2, rooted + extras, mary jane 420

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Pays-ROM Desire Froyo Sense

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • DJ DROID v1.1-R1 - HTC Sense

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Froyo DeLite

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • AOSPDesire

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • Official HTC Froyo (with Sense), some apps removed

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 38 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco
Ok peeps! It's time someone stepped up and posted a thread that addresses the most critical of (the technically inclined) humanity's issues:

ROMS - From the bunch out there, which one is your favorite and why?

I'll start this poll by posting the ones available in the Android Development forum. If none apply, please post what you are using and why.

Not sure if we can change polls after they started so probably can't add any options after the initial post, but suggestions might make it into a next edition. For now I'll post 20 ROMS

Let's get our 'droid on people!

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco
Bumping back to top so more people can see the poll. Would be great if some admin could sticky this poll for the duration so we could get more participants and maybe get a better sense of what the community is doing / using.

Nitrius

Feb 15, 2009
Been trying out a few ROMs lately, though currently happy with Froyo DeLite, it's pretty much the stock Froyo release by HTC just with root and no new hboot, just what i was looking for.

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco

LOL... When preparing this poll I had counted 20 ROMs. When I finished filling out the forms, I had 19 and an open space and couldn't figure out what was missing so I used the 20th spot and filled it in with "others". Guess now I know which one I forgot :)

Just vote for others and leave your comment. Thanks for commenting and sorry to all that I messed this up by forgetting that ROM :(

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco
Same here. I'm using roufianos V3 right now but still not 100% happy

Which ROM did you most like up till now?

Personaly, so far I have to say I liked LeeDroid Mod and Cyanogen. If I had to choose I would be hard pressed. But despite that I am still stuck on a Rooted Official HTC Android 2.2 (FroYo).

For me, I love the purity and simplicity of a non-sense ui. Hence my passion for Cyanogen (amongst the non-sense mods). But I must confess that I miss Friendstream, and clock / weather widget and animations, and also the HTC calendar. This brings me back to LeeDroid. If I were somehow able to get these 3 things on a Cyanogen Mod, I'd be in trouble because then I'd have to choose one of them :) !

Last edited:

landwomble

Jun 2, 2006
Neophyte

I like Sense. It's the only phone skin I've come across that I think adds something to the phone UI.
I've tried Dj Droid and Leedroid, and all the Neophyte ROMs. I've stuck with the latter as they're really quick, seem totally stable and basically I can't find anything wrong with them!

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco
I like Sense. It's the only phone skin I've come across that I think adds something to the phone UI.
I've tried Dj Droid and Leedroid, and all the Neophyte ROMs. I've stuck with the latter as they're really quick, seem totally stable and basically I can't find anything wrong with them!

I think there are 2 NeoPhyTe ROMs out there, right? NexTSense and NeoPhyTe ROM. Which one do you prefer?

bembelembe

Jul 23, 2010
I'm confused between so many ROMs and so many changes. What I want is one rooted but first of all STABLE (without any bugs) ROM. I don't need nothing special added or removed from official one.
If someone can suggest the one - I would be thankfull.

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco
I'm confused between so many ROMs and so many changes. What I want is one rooted but first of all STABLE (without any bugs) ROM. I don't need nothing special added or removed from official one.
If someone can suggest the one - I would be thankfull.

Please note this isn't a poll to figure out which ROM is king! No, it's just intended to give us a sense of what's going on in the community and what people like and are looking for so that hopefully, new developers can take that info and use it, either tweaking their existing ROM, or making new ones based on the ones people most like, or even creating something that is 180º different and goes in another direction.

Me too which one, and especially how to ROOT for lamers like us?

Same as above for the first part of your post. Check "unrevoked" for the rest.

MistaJae

May 4, 2010
I've always had Modaco roms for my Android handsets (T-Mobile Pulse, HTC Hero & then Desire). They have always been extremely stable. For a close-to-stock 2.1 Sense (Eclair) ROM, Modaco r3.1 was the best for me!

I tried LeeDroid Mod 1.3a (to try out Froyo) and haven't looked back. I've decided not to update to any of the other versions (1.5, 1.6, 1.7 etc) as everything works perfectly for me!

Unless there's a significant reason to update (specifically battery life), then I'm staying on LeeDroid 1.3a.

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco
I've always had Modaco roms for my Android handsets (T-Mobile Pulse, HTC Hero & then Desire). They have always been extremely stable. For a close-to-stock 2.1 Sense (Eclair) ROM, Modaco r3.1 was the best for me!

I tried LeeDroid Mod 1.3a (to try out Froyo) and haven't looked back. I've decided not to update to any of the other versions (1.5, 1.6, 1.7 etc) as everything works perfectly for me!

Unless there's a significant reason to update (specifically battery life), then I'm staying on LeeDroid 1.3a.

Sounds perfectly reasonable.

J

jdkoreclipse

Has anyone tried jdfroyo

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

alstrike

Jul 20, 2009
Berchtesgaden
I have tried a lot of them and now I´m using Defrost 2.5a, I know it´s not based on 2.09 Froyo but I want to try and leave Sense Ui once and for all.

Qudrant just got me 1441 and Linpack around 39-40 all the time.

I´m gonna install that Launcher Pro Plus and Beautiful Widgets for the weather and such.

If I wanted to go back to Sense, I would choose my fellow spaniard Neophyte´s 1.4a or 2.1b (both rock).

Cheers

Pitbull_Raven

Nov 6, 2008
Castelo Branco
the most stock, complete, functional rooted rom i've encountered so far.

[ROM] Official 2.2, with: busybox, old A2SD+, OpenVPN (TUN), EXT4 support, 802.11N

Das que é bem verdade que os tugas andam por toda a parte!!! :D

I tried it yesterday and actually was impressed with it, but still not my cup o' tea. Still, I would say yeah, one of the best.