[Q] Infuse 4g kernel flash gone wrong

Search This thread

Bricked_Again

Feb 22, 2014
Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I am about to get the S5 when it comes out next monday. I am currently stuck with a super-bricked Infuse 4g. I tried to flash a custom kernel to overclock it (sorry I can't remember in detail what happened), and now I am only able to get into the red recovery system of the phone at startup. It is cycling through the samsung logo with a quick 1/8" top section of the screen getting the rainbow distortion at startup when I try to go into the red recovery or the download mode. I tried different USB cables, different batteries, different USB ports, and followed all the instructions for getting into download mode to the letter (remove battery and cable...plug in cable while holding VOL UP & VOL DOWN buttons....reinsert battery), but all I get at startup is the rainbow distortion as described above and a continuous boot loop.

Therefore, I cannot use Odin or Heimdal to unbrick it. When I force it into Download Mode through the Red Recovery > Advanced > Boot Into Download Mode, the phone is not recognized by the computer (and it does not show up in the com port for odin). Fyi, all latest Infuse 4g and general Samsung mobile drivers are already installed on the computer, and I still get the message "Device not recognized". Is it possible to install a zip from external sd (so I need to know if I can mount the external sd in recovery mode and how to do it)? I have done much research, and I was not able to find a valid solution so far. I appreciate any feedback. I have followed this post for a while now, and I am sure that if there is a solution, this is one of the only sources for it. Thank you for your efforts.

androidnooob98

Mar 18, 2013
Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I am about to get the S5 when it comes out next monday. I am currently stuck with a super-bricked Infuse 4g. I tried to flash a custom kernel to overclock it (sorry I can't remember in detail what happened), and now I am only able to get into the red recovery system of the phone at startup. It is cycling through the samsung logo with a quick 1/8" top section of the screen getting the rainbow distortion at startup when I try to go into the red recovery or the download mode. I tried different USB cables, different batteries, different USB ports, and followed all the instructions for getting into download mode to the letter (remove battery and cable...plug in cable while holding VOL UP & VOL DOWN buttons....reinsert battery), but all I get at startup is the rainbow distortion as described above and a continuous boot loop.

Therefore, I cannot use Odin or Heimdal to unbrick it. When I force it into Download Mode through the Red Recovery > Advanced > Boot Into Download Mode, the phone is not recognized by the computer (and it does not show up in the com port for odin). Fyi, all latest Infuse 4g and general Samsung mobile drivers are already installed on the computer, and I still get the message "Device not recognized". Is it possible to install a zip from external sd (so I need to know if I can mount the external sd in recovery mode and how to do it)? I have done much research, and I was not able to find a valid solution so far. I appreciate any feedback. I have followed this post for a while now, and I am sure that if there is a solution, this is one of the only sources for it. Thank you for your efforts.

Do you have the Infuse drivers installed on your computer? From the sound of things (and don't quote me because i'm no expert) you have a softbrick which can usually be fixed by restoring an old backup or flashing a new rom (again don't quote that because i could be wrong). If you want to be exact look http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1650906 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514886 in these two places for some info. Just don't blame me if you kill your device.