[Discussion] Kitkat Update on G Flex [All topic goes here]

Search This thread

Saqib Nazm

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
As the title says, this is a Discussion Thread on Kitkat Update, All Questions, Helps, Suggestions goes here in this thread related to Kitkat. I have made it a sticky Thread so do not open a separate thread for any topic on Kitkat. Now start ;) ......

galinha

Feb 25, 2005
As the title says, this is a Discussion Thread on Kitkat Update, All Questions, Helps, Suggestions goes here in this thread related to Kitkat. I have made it a sticky Thread so do not open a separate thread for any topic on Kitkat. Now start ;) ......

Thats Good !!!

I want Kit Kat...its a d555

Thnks for your help.

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Can someone post a link to the actual KitKat from WALMART site where Da Kine got that KitKat at ? Looks good. I think I want that on my FLEX. Is it compatible with the d959? Can we keep root, or will it melt in your hand not in your mouth ?

I motion that we reopen Da Kine's KitKat for the D959 thread back up! People where getting a good laugh out of it. It wasnt hurting anybody and everybody needs a good laugh. Looks like you my sir could use one yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398683723276.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398683723276.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,181

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
About time the a moderator/moderators do something about all of the pointless KitKat threads, jeesh, I was beginning to think we didn't have any mods for our Flex.

Anyways, since my thread was closed (even though I posted in the correct section) i'll repost the pictures. Apparently, mattwheat says that you can get this version of kitkat at Walmart, so I guess if you want KitKat on your G Flex, go to walmart. I'm sure it's compatible with every varient of the G Flex. Post pictures of KitKat on your Flex if your lucky enough to get it lol. :highfive: :good:

Attachments

• kitkat.jpg
    kitkat.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • rickrolled.jpg
    rickrolled.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 984

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
Can someone post a link to the actual KitKat from WALMART site where Da Kine got that KitKat at ? Looks good. I think I want that on my FLEX. Is it compatible with the d959? Can we keep root, or will it melt in your hand not in your mouth ?

I motion that we reopen Da Kine's KitKat for the D959 thread back up! People where getting a good laugh out of it. It wasnt hurting anybody and everybody needs a good laugh. Looks like you my sir could use one yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Here you go sir.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/candy...457049-moduleB091212-lLinkZone2CarouselKitKat

I don't see the exact version that I have, but they should be the same and compatible with every variant of the G Flex. Root works for me, you literally just put it on your phone, it will melt in your hand if you hold it too long though, its one of those annoying bugs that haven't been removed yet. :highfive:

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
Sorry for getting the threads closed. I asked a mod to make us a sticky. I was tired of every thread being when am I getting kit kat

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

There's nothing to be sorry about, the KitKat threads were getting out of hand and really annoying. I just made mine for sh*ts and giggles, everyone can use a good laugh now and then. I know mods are busy and have lives of there own, but I was just surprised at how long it took for them to do something about the threads. I know that we can report threads, but I'm not going to sit here and do their job or make it any easier for them.

No hard feeling towards any members or mods, I was just trying to make others laugh and smile. Now let's focus back on getting this dang phone a custom recovery and Roms.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: kintwofan

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
There's nothing to be sorry about, the KitKat threads were getting out of hand and really annoying. I just made mine for sh*ts and giggles, everyone can use a good laugh now and then. I know mods are busy and have lives of there own, but I was just surprised at how long it took for them to do something about the threads. I know that we can report threads, but I'm not going to sit here and do their job or make it any easier for them.

No hard feeling towards any members or mods, I was just trying to make others laugh and smile. Now let's focus back on getting this dang phone a custom recovery and Roms.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I like your thread actually. Sure gave be a good laugh. Not for the kit kat, but because the Rick Roll.... that's classic!

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Da Kine

Zwarx

Jul 27, 2012
Alright,

I'm posting here in hopes that someone will be able to help me out with this.

I've done the back to stock thing with the LG software, and the serial number and blah blah. Now I'm interested in getting to Kitkat and and retaining root.

Now, in the thread that was locked (an already developed topic about a specific subject and never should have been locked.), people were posting the most incoherent series of events that lead to them retaining root.

Here's the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2730366

Here's an example of a grammatically butchered quote:

I rooted my flex. Then as i was rooting it, it was downloading. Kk. When my root rebooted, the update started. When i came atop, i had both. I used titanium this morning to remove the bloat ware. I got the flex around 5pm yesterday so i haven't had time to use a lot of root apps yet.

This makes no sense phonetically at all. If you're attempting to help people, please put it into a coherent sentence structure that we can follow.

Anyways, my question is this. For those of you who have successfully updated, what was the exact process? Leave out any details that don't matter (i.e, when you got your flex.)

Post step by step details.

So what it looks like is multiple people had the update downloading. Then before they went to reboot for the update, they rooted with ioroot. When ioroot rebooted the phone, it processed the upgrade and kept root. Is that correct?

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
Here are the exact steps i used to update and retain root. I restored to factory, rooted with ioroot, took the ota.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

reeher3287

Sep 25, 2012
Lake Charles
Anyone have the 600+Mb file download, install, and still was 4.2.2 ls995vz3.
It's like the update didn't do anything, and now when I click to check it says I'm updated? :banghead:

Sent from my LG-LS995 using xda app-developers app

titans1187

Dec 31, 2011
Anyone have the 600+Mb file download, install, and still was 4.2.2 ls995vz3.
It's like the update didn't do anything, and now when I click to check it says I'm updated? :banghead:

Sent from my LG-LS995 using xda app-developers app
I was rooted and had the same thing happen. I had to flash back to stock unrooted and then I was able to do the update properly. Had to clear the google services framework though to get the update to show up.

Ickyz

Feb 17, 2014
Blúntville
Flash

1st. Flash urself back 2 stock
2nd. Root Phone
3rd Soon as it Reboots Check for UPDATE
4th. Take Update
5th. Reboot w/ Kitkat Installed w/ Root Retained!!

So far Ive heard this method ONLY works w ATT D950
I may b wrong

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: jcsvsi

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
About time the a moderator/moderators do something about all of the pointless KitKat threads, jeesh, I was beginning to think we didn't have any mods for our Flex.

Anyways, since my thread was closed (even though I posted in the correct section) i'll repost the pictures. Apparently, mattwheat says that you can get this version of kitkat at Walmart, so I guess if you want KitKat on your G Flex, go to walmart. I'm sure it's compatible with every varient of the G Flex. Post pictures of KitKat on your Flex if your lucky enough to get it lol. :highfive: :good:

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Yeah but you should see the bloat in the Walmart version. But it does have the "Rollback" apk . And self checkout. But I believe its a requirement to wear sweat pants and a dirty Garfield sweatshirt while using it. (Or mullet).

Top Liked Posts