[Q] Point me in the right direction...??

Search This thread

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
Hi there guys!

I want to root my Z1 c6906, unlock the bootloader and flash custom roms, but im kind of confused right now because i have read a lot of different guides and im not pretty sure which one to follow now. I also learned on one thread that i should do a TA and DRM Keys backup because they can be lost forever if i don't do a backup. Also the IMEI. So im not pretty sure how to do that. Also saw a thread about bricking the device, and kind of got scared. Btw, i have plenty of experience working on Android devices, unlocking, rooting, flashing roms, etc. I have used Android since the G1, but im kind of confused right now about how to proceed on this device because this is my first Sony and my last phone was a Nexus 4, which was virtually unbrickable. Can anyone help me out here?

Last edited:

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
Hi there guys!

I want to root my Z1 c6906, unlock the bootloader and flash custom roms, but im kind of confused right now because i have read a lot of different guides and im not pretty sure which one to follow now. I also learned on one thread that i should do a TA and DRM Keys backup because they can be lost forever if i don't do a backup. Also the IMEI. So im not pretty sure how to do that. Also saw a thread about bricking the device, and kind of got scared. Btw, i have plenty of experience working on Android devices, unlocking, rooting, flashing roms, etc. I have used Android since the G1, but im kind of confused right now about how to proceed on this device because this is my first Sony and my last phone was a Nexus 4, which was virtually unbrickable. Can anyone help me out here?

Quite simple process actually, just flash .534 ftf with flashtool and root with bin4ry or use nuts dual recovery installer. To backup your ta before unlocking bootloader, simply use the Backup TA tool

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
Yes, I'm sure there'll be no problems

Sorry for bringing back this thread. Now i got time to start trying to unlock the phone and flash custom roms, was extremely busy before with work.

New problem: After i downgraded to FTF .534, rooted and made the TA Backup, i check if the phone was "allowed" to be unlocked and surprise, it says it can't be unlocked. Tried unlocking with Flashtool and it said the same thing. Can the phone be unlocked or is there a way to flash roms without unlocking?

Right now im feeling really depressed with this phone. If i can't unlock it, i most likely will sell it and get something that can be unlocked.

One of the reasons i want to unlock is because on 4.4, Google prohibited the phone to write on the Ext.SD and i want a way to overcome that prohibition and use it like i was able to on 4.3.

Last edited:

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
If it says it cannot be unlocked then it cannot be unlocked

However, you can still sort out the issue of writing to the ext SDcard by rooting and following the instructions in this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687966

In order to do that, you only need root, not to be unlocked

Ok. That sucks. Thanks for the link.

Another question: How i root.757? I was able to root .534, but not sure how i need to proceed now. Do i need to download generic .757 and apply any root method? Or the root will still be there if i flash it over my current rooted .534?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
1) Flash a stock 534 FTF (Ignore if you are already on 534)
2) Install dual recovery (Find files and instructions in the XZ dual recovery thread in the cross device development section)
3) Flash a prerooted 757 rom (Find files and instructions in the development section)

Done, 3 easy steps

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
1) Flash a stock 534 FTF (Ignore if you are already on 534)
2) Install dual recovery (Find files and instructions in the XZ dual recovery thread in the cross device development section)
3) Flash a prerooted 757 rom (Find files and instructions in the development section)

Done, 3 easy steps

So i can flash any rom now with that recovery? Even if my bootloader is still unlocked? Or only stock based roms?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
So i can flash any rom now with that recovery? Even if my bootloader is still unlocked? Or only stock based roms?

If your bootloader is unlocked you can flash any rom from the development sections or the original development section

But if your bootloader is unlocked you do not need to do any of this to root.
Just flash DooMKerneL or [NUT]s XZDR kernel

If your bootloader is locked, you have to downgrade and root that way. Then you can flash any stock based rom, look in the development section for them

Reactions: djluis48

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
If your bootloader is unlocked you can flash any rom from the development sections or the original development section

If your bootloader is locked, you have to downgrade and root that way. Then you can flash any stock based rom, look in the development section for them

Oops. Im sorry. I meant locked. Was doing something else and wrote that fast. Thanks for the answer. Will check. Got the DualRecovery installed now and will try to install a prerooted .757 later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there guys!

Quite simple process actually, just flash .534 ftf with flashtool and root with bin4ry or use nuts dual recovery installer. To backup your ta before unlocking bootloader, simply use the Backup TA tool