Harman/Kardon sound available for all M8's

Search This thread

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
EDIT:

Sound enhancer from the Sprint-exclusive 'Harman/Kardon HTC One M8' (link)

Download this file and follow instructions. After flashing this, and flashing the adsp firmware zip, and disabling boomsound in the customize/ACC/default.xml, everything is working fine.

http://d-h.st/ebN

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

nearly..

here's the post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52294479&postcount=2810

it's a flashable zip which makes xml edits to enable harman sound and adds equalizer files.

I was wondering would this be safe / would it work to flash on our Verizon M8s??

Last edited:

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
Not working on Viperrom1.4.1, phone works to call but music is muted.
Is there a work around this ?

I asked the guy who did it 'lyapota' and I'm waiting on a response.

in the thread he said to try this:

Yep, it works on my side. Try next steps:
1. Flash mod.
2. Reboot phone and leave him about 5 minutes.
3. Don't plug headphones.
4. Try ring sound, notifications sound.
5. Try player with speaker.
6. Try player with headphones.

WingHater

Nov 21, 2007
I flashed this mod and I lost all my data connections. I'm on Viper 1.4.1 Btw. Selecting mobile data in settings and it removed all my data connection options other than roaming. Glad I made a nandroid before flashing this. Anyone else have this issue?

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
I flashed this mod and I lost all my data connections. I'm on Viper 1.4.1 Btw. Selecting mobile data in settings and it removed all my data connection options other than roaming. Glad I made a nandroid before flashing this. Anyone else have this issue?

Ok so I think it's safe to say it won't work 'out of the box' for us, I believe VZW may need a slightly different XML, I'm trying to contact the dev who came up with this mod.

Thanks you two for testing this

thedrizzle

May 12, 2007
Ok so I think it's safe to say it won't work 'out of the box' for us, I believe VZW may need a slightly different XML, I'm trying to contact the dev who came up with this mod.

Thanks you two for testing this

Stoked to try this out. I'll be watching to see if we can get this on our VZW m8's. I'm sure it will happen eventually...

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
Stoked to try this out. I'll be watching to see if we can get this on our VZW m8's. I'm sure it will happen eventually...

I see people in the ViperOneM8 thread on the HTC One M8 forums talking about an H/K firmware, enabling H/K and disabling Boomsound, and the next Viper update possibly fixing the loss of Data on VZW/UK devices after having flashed the H/K xml mod... so I mean I've only just looked a little but it sounds like there's a new FW that comes with the H/K sprint device??

check this thread, page 295 and forward: LINK

EDIT: Ah yes, here's the thread: SPRINT HK FIRMWARE/RUU

By no means should anyone flash this, but just saying, it exists. We just need this firmware or at least the working bits from it flashable on our device.. right?

Last edited:

thedrizzle

May 12, 2007
I see people in the ViperOneM8 thread on the HTC One M8 forums talking about an H/K firmware, enabling H/K and disabling Boomsound, and the next Viper update possibly fixing the loss of Data on VZW/UK devices after having flashed the H/K xml mod... so I mean I've only just looked a little but it sounds like there's a new FW that comes with the H/K sprint device??

check this thread, page 295 and forward: LINK

EDIT: Ah yes, here's the thread: SPRINT HK FIRMWARE/RUU

By no means should anyone flash this, but just saying, it exists. We just need this firmware or at least the working bits from it flashable on our device.. right?

I saw that too. I'm by no means a dev, but yeah i gathered that you need a. that firmware version and b. either a sprint cid or super cid.

jnclocker

Mar 8, 2010
Worcester

Hahaha. I did. Just realized that when i I stepped out of the house.

Nwkeng

Jun 17, 2010

Same here and I'm running skyfall. Lost all data but luckily I made a backup too.

Sent from my HTC M8

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
I tried manually placing all the bits EXCEPT default.XML in the proper places (with proper permissions) but no dice. I did go into our stock default.XML and set Harman and Music Channel to true too.

That said, I still have data. This is on cleanrom.

So, it seems there are other bits inside the default.xml that makes it work in addition to other settings that break our data. Sometime later tonight I'll try and compare the two and see what I can come up with.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
I've done a lot of edits to the xml file but I'm not sure where the Harman Kardon portion is...anyone know?

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
has anyone tried this on a stock rom

sent via carrier pigeon

It will be fine

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Its under the Android Multimedia subsection... <item type="boolean" name="support_harman">true</item>

Thanks! Where is it in the file? Half way or what lol...it's a big file haha

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
As far as I know, I think the vital parts needed for the actual HK functionality are in the new 1.56 sprint HK firmware :/ we probably gotta wait till someone here gets that as a FW zip for our VZW phone.

I could be wrong idk, I'm not a dev :)

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
As far as I know, I think the vital parts needed for the actual HK functionality are in the new 1.56 sprint HK firmware :/ we probably gotta wait till someone here gets that as a FW zip for our VZW phone.

I could be wrong idk, I'm not a dev :)

Probably... Maybe its a difference in the settings app or something. I didn't even check to see if applying the provided default XML would make the option appear, but I'm assuming it doesn't.

Sucks because after updating my FW boomsound seems to be much louder/distorted than it did when I was on release FW. Its possible it was always that way but I doubt it. I'm very sensitive to loudness distortion.

nickmilla15

Apr 14, 2013
Orlando
Someone please try taking your default xml (Verizon) and setting line 136 (I believe) to support Harmon to true. If that line isn't there take if from a sprint default xml (JUST THAT LINE). Then swap the default xml you modified with the one in the zip. Worst that can happen is you don't have hk audio truly enabled, just the setting. But it shouldn't hurt your data. Please nand, try this, and report

Sent from my 831C

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
I can't find it. I've seen it before but can't find it again. Not sure about the line number you're giving.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those on Verizon you can download my edited .zip from my ROM thread and pull the firmware_adsp_update.zip from my .zip and flash via fastboot.
    I also provide a stock .zip with a new firmware_adsp_update.zip with the stock adsp.img from the latest 1.55.605.2 firmware if you want to return to stock.
    (I have tested both .zips and are confirmed working)
    You can also find a stock Settings.apk in the .zip, only changes are I added appops into settings > security

http://xdaforums.com/show...18&postcount=2'

all credit to baadnewz I only edited the files
    Guys, I have some cool stuff to share in the morning if you don't find it. Stay tuned

Sent from my 831C
    Sorry, new to this thread and having difficulty following what to do exactly.

I have a new verizon M8, unlocked bootloader and S-OFF.

What exactly are my steps?

http://d-h.st/ebN <--- download this zip file.

READ ME!!! ----> Note that this is not a flashable zip. Open the zip and find exact instructions. I didn't make these instructions, this is just what I used yesterday to get everything working properly. So thank the person who made it when you get a chance. I do still have boomsound enabled but can tell a difference when toggling HK on/off.
    I don't see anything about disabling boomsound in the directions (The How-to.txt right?) , how do i do this?

Open the default.xml from the enable_hk.zip and ge true to false on this line?
    <item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>
    Or do you mean disabling it through the phone? Sorry I am not clear and I do not see the HK audio options after flashing the zip as per following the directions.

"3. You should now see the Harman MOD Option in Settings.apk Menu, but you now need the firmware in order for it to activate." Nope it is not there...Should I continue flashing the firmware update anyways or did something already go wrong? I'm on stock verizon only I have s-off root etc.

Now someone above said that the mod only works on deodexed roms yet it is called
    "This is the Harman Kardon Conversion edited for Verizon HTC One M8 - BonestockROM" so that does not make sense either. Do I need to use a custom Rom for this mod to work? Do I just need to delete the .odex file for the settings.apk or do I NEED TO BE ON A CUSTOM ROM?

The link being used is mine. I made it for those running my custom ROM.
    I did not make it specifically for this thread nor this MOD.
    Also Boomsound doesn't have to be disabled does it? you can always just toggle it off anyway right?

It will however work for those on Verizon stock Odex or Deodexed.
    If you are Deodexed then you are good to go, but if Odexed, then you need to delete the Settings.odex file.
    The rest is included.
    However here is a v2 witch includes more updates from the original thread for this MOD.
    http://d-h.st/qJ3

Instructions aren't too hard. Download and then:
    "1. Extract the HK-MOD-BonestockROM-v2.zip
    2. Flash enable_hk.zip in recovery, reboot
    3. You should now see the Harman MOD Option in Settings.apk Menu, but you now need the firmware in order for it to activate.
    4. Flash the firmware_adsp_update.zip in fastboot (this assumes you know how to use fastboot, this guide doesn't explain this.)
    5. Commands are:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip firmware_adsp_update.zip
    fastboot reboot
    6. You are done, enjoy. you have a H/K Phone"
    What did you put in the secure portion for app ops? I'm not what sure to type in using sql editor. Thanks.

Sqlite editor isnt needed.

Sorry here ya go
    -- confirmed working,deodexed only

I seem to be getting music channel in settings, but still no harman karmon setting... Bleh. I just want to disable livestage!!!

Okay so this will only work with DEODEXED ROMS. I just deleted my settings.odex and voila it works.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Also it seems as if livestage keeps re-enabling itself when I move to another track... Despite the logo not showing up in the status bar.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

More info: each time I phyiscally change tracks, it automatically enables Clari-fy AND livestage. Anyone else experiencing this behavior? I'm wondering if it's because I'm on an odexed rom, or something. I'm using HTC's built in music player.

Edit: Seems to be a known issue. So close!

This is confirmed working on Verizon.