Fingerprint Scanner more than 3

Search This thread

ToeJullar

Apr 19, 2014
Normal
I'm not sure if this is a known thing or not, but its just a little exploit I found out. When registering your 3 fingerprints tou have to swipe 8 times or so. You can register every finger and have room to spare with this method I found out. When registering prints swipe one finger 2 times then move onto a new one. Repeat until all fingers are used. Now you can un lock your phone using any finger.

Ex for registering.
FINGERPRINT 1: Swipe Thumb 2 times, Swipe Index Finger 2 times, Middle Finger 2 times, Ring Finger 2 times. (Not fully sure if you need to have it swiped 2 times or if 1 will work as well, 2 has seemed to work without flaws) Now you have 1 Print registered but in reality 4 have been registered.

Another quick tip is that you can swipe your thumb sideways, or at just the right angle, on the scanner so you can now unlock your phone with one hand. This is a bit tricky since you have to swipe your thumb in just the right spot.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

djconundrum

Jun 19, 2008
Chicago
Nice tip, you can also register your thumb and a few fingers in all directions for awesome accuracy

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terri M

djconundrum

Jun 19, 2008
Chicago
I cant seem to get it to unlock one handed with my thumb kinda annoying

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try swiping your thumb twice straight down and then angled 45 degrees then horizontal, it registers one handed much better after that. If not, do variations with the other three fingerprints and try it in all directions.

andyistic

Aug 17, 2013
www.chattermatrix.com
From what I understand, there are only 10 copies of the registered fingerprints.
I was hoping we could do at least 3 different fingers, each at 3 angles (-45,0,45) on each of 3 sides of the screen (left,bottom,right).
Is this not the case?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if this is a known thing or not, but its just a little exploit I found out. When registering your 3 fingerprints tou have to swipe 8 times or so. You can register every finger and have room to spare with this method I found out. When registering prints swipe one finger 2 times then move onto a new one. Repeat until all fingers are used. Now you can un lock your phone using any finger.

Ex for registering.
    FINGERPRINT 1: Swipe Thumb 2 times, Swipe Index Finger 2 times, Middle Finger 2 times, Ring Finger 2 times. (Not fully sure if you need to have it swiped 2 times or if 1 will work as well, 2 has seemed to work without flaws) Now you have 1 Print registered but in reality 4 have been registered.

Another quick tip is that you can swipe your thumb sideways, or at just the right angle, on the scanner so you can now unlock your phone with one hand. This is a bit tricky since you have to swipe your thumb in just the right spot.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
    Nice tip, you can also register your thumb and a few fingers in all directions for awesome accuracy