HTC Amaze 4G Screen Take Apart Repair Guide

Search This thread

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
This take apart written guide shows how to replace various parts on your HTC Amaze 4G. You will learn on this guide the steps on how to properly take your HTC smartphone apart safely and repair nearly any internal parts of your phone.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC Amaze 4G part(s):
  • HTC Amaze 4G Touch Screen Digitizer Replacements
  • Other HTC Amaze 4G Parts

Tools:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Torx T5 Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repairs)
  • Heat Gun/Hair Dryer

HTC Amaze 4G Take Apart Repair Guide:
  • To begin, remove the back battery cover, battery, sim card, and memory card.
  • Remove the seven (7) Torx T5 screws as located in Figure 1.

amaze-1-a.jpg

Figure 1​
  • You can now remove the back housing from the rest of the smartphone. Do this by carefully using a safe open pry tool to lift the outer edges, unclipping each clip holding the housing in place.
  • With the back cover removed, you now have access to the motherboard. The upper portion of the motherboard will have one connection located on the back side of the motherboard. Carefully lift the motherboard away from the rest of the screen assembly and carefully release this connection. It will be a "jaw" connector, so you will need to carefully lift the back flap of the connector and slide the flex cable out of the connection.
  • Gently fold the motherboard towards the bottom of the phone. There are two (2) flex cables that will need to be released. Both will be covered by mylar tape. Remove the tape and release both jawbone connectors. With these flex cables released, you can remove the motherboard from the rest of the phone.

amaze-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
  • Now, heat the front of the screen using a hair dryer or heat gun. Use quick movements, not staying in one area for too long. Medium - high heat will be required to properly warm the adhesive holding the screen assembly in place. Take your time and reheat as required. Also be aware of the 2 flex cables that are located under the screen assembly (touch screen and LCD screen flex cables).

amaze-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
  • Once the screen assembly has been removed from the housing, you can now use a small flat head screwdriver or similar to carefully separate the LCD screen from the touch screen digitizer. Heat may be required.
  • You can now replace either the touch screen digitizer or the LCD screen.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Sticky Glue

Just a quick q, the digitizer is glued to the lcd screen. When separating the digitizer from the lcd there's a lot of glue residue left on the lcd. So of course the question is how to remove the glue and what do you use to glue the new digitizer to the LCD? Any detail would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
The best way to remove the adhesive is to heat it. You can use a hot blow dryer, this will loosen the adhesive bond. You can purchase adhesive strips from our website when sealing it back together.

Reactions: hooutoo

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Test Lcd

Paul, I'm interested in purchasing Digitizer and Sticky Strip but am also considering LCD/Digitizer already assembled. Is there any way to test lcd screen once taken apart to ensure I haven't damaged it while taking apart.

Thanks

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Paul, I'm interested in purchasing Digitizer and Sticky Strip but am also considering LCD/Digitizer already assembled. Is there any way to test lcd screen once taken apart to ensure I haven't damaged it while taking apart.

Thanks

You can do a visual check if you are worried that you have physically damaged, however the easiest way would be to have it installed in the phone and power on. If it works as normal it is fine.

lebmb

Apr 3, 2007
Washington, DC
just got an amaze with a cracked screen, gona take the digitizer apart first before ordering any parts, but i'll post some pics. and i'll connect the lcd to test and make sure that i didn't damage it lol and for the one who wanted to test maybe that will help you

EDIT: Can't change just the digitizer, i did my vivid and sensation (as well as every htc phone i've had) but this one is different, it's done iphone 4 style, can't separate the glass from the lcd. gota get the assembly. i'll post pictures later

Last edited:

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
You can replace the LCD and the touch screen digitizer as one fused part or you can replace the LCD and the touch screen digitizer separately.

parth515

Jul 3, 2012
Power button connection?

The repair has gone well so far however i have run into a problem when putting it back together. the cable leading from the power button was just glued to the motherboard and i just peeled it off to remove the motherboard. Now how do i reattach this connector?

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
The repair has gone well so far however i have run into a problem when putting it back together. the cable leading from the power button was just glued to the motherboard and i just peeled it off to remove the motherboard. Now how do i reattach this connector?

Usually you will find it still has enough "Stick" to simply put back into place. If however it doesn't you will need adhesive strips. These can be found here - Adhesive Strips

Tenar13

Aug 21, 2012
Replaced Screen - Stuck in Boot Loop (I think)

So, I followed the instructions, was as careful as possible and didn't tear or break anything that I can see or feel. But when I try to turn the phone on, it just vibrates once like it does at normal start up.... then continue to vibrate once at about 15 second intervals and the screen remains black. The LED lights up when I plug it in to power, so that bit seems to be ok. Both pressing the power button and plugging into power starts the vibrating loop. If I attach it to computer, the device does not show up. Any tips or suggestions or where I might be running into an issue?

Edit: The phone software is stock - this is my first foray into doing anything besides popping the back cover off and taking the battery out. Just to double check, I took the new screen out and reassembled with the old one and get the same issue, so it's not the new screen that's defective. The old screen was working just find despite the many cracks from screen-planting on pavement.

[*]Once the screen assembly has been removed from the housing, you can now use a small flat head screwdriver or similar to carefully separate the LCD screen from the touch screen digitizer. Heat may be required.
[*]You can now replace either the touch screen digitizer or the LCD screen.
[/LIST]

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
So, I followed the instructions, was as careful as possible and didn't tear or break anything that I can see or feel. But when I try to turn the phone on, it just vibrates once like it does at normal start up.... then continue to vibrate once at about 15 second intervals and the screen remains black. The LED lights up when I plug it in to power, so that bit seems to be ok. Both pressing the power button and plugging into power starts the vibrating loop. If I attach it to computer, the device does not show up. Any tips or suggestions or where I might be running into an issue?

Edit: The phone software is stock - this is my first foray into doing anything besides popping the back cover off and taking the battery out. Just to double check, I took the new screen out and reassembled with the old one and get the same issue, so it's not the new screen that's defective. The old screen was working just find despite the many cracks from screen-planting on pavement.

Hi,

It's hard to say exactly what is causing the issue without seeing the phone but it's sounds like everything hasn't been re-installed correctly. Check over the installation and make sure everything is fully connected.

Reactions: Tenar13

Tenar13

Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

It's hard to say exactly what is causing the issue without seeing the phone but it's sounds like everything hasn't been re-installed correctly. Check over the installation and make sure everything is fully connected.

When plugging the three connectors back into the motherboard, how far in should they be? I tried to push them in as far as possible, but I was afraid of jamming something or tearing the tabs on the side. If I check and everything is fully connected, what could other possible issues be? Thanks very much for your time.

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
When plugging the three connectors back into the motherboard, how far in should they be? I tried to push them in as far as possible, but I was afraid of jamming something or tearing the tabs on the side. If I check and everything is fully connected, what could other possible issues be? Thanks very much for your time.

No need to force the connection, just press in as far as it will go (with the jaw unlocked). The side tabs should be close to connector itself, but will not make contact. Once fitted, lock it in place with the jaw and try testing again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This take apart written guide shows how to replace various parts on your HTC Amaze 4G. You will learn on this guide the steps on how to properly take your HTC smartphone apart safely and repair nearly any internal parts of your phone.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC Amaze 4G part(s):
    • HTC Amaze 4G Touch Screen Digitizer Replacements
    • Other HTC Amaze 4G Parts

Tools:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Torx T5 Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repairs)
    • Heat Gun/Hair Dryer

HTC Amaze 4G Take Apart Repair Guide:
    • To begin, remove the back battery cover, battery, sim card, and memory card.
    • Remove the seven (7) Torx T5 screws as located in Figure 1.

amaze-1-a.jpg

Figure 1​
    • You can now remove the back housing from the rest of the smartphone. Do this by carefully using a safe open pry tool to lift the outer edges, unclipping each clip holding the housing in place.
    • With the back cover removed, you now have access to the motherboard. The upper portion of the motherboard will have one connection located on the back side of the motherboard. Carefully lift the motherboard away from the rest of the screen assembly and carefully release this connection. It will be a "jaw" connector, so you will need to carefully lift the back flap of the connector and slide the flex cable out of the connection.
    • Gently fold the motherboard towards the bottom of the phone. There are two (2) flex cables that will need to be released. Both will be covered by mylar tape. Remove the tape and release both jawbone connectors. With these flex cables released, you can remove the motherboard from the rest of the phone.

amaze-2a.jpg

Figure 2​
    • Now, heat the front of the screen using a hair dryer or heat gun. Use quick movements, not staying in one area for too long. Medium - high heat will be required to properly warm the adhesive holding the screen assembly in place. Take your time and reheat as required. Also be aware of the 2 flex cables that are located under the screen assembly (touch screen and LCD screen flex cables).

amaze-3a.jpg

Figure 3​
    • Once the screen assembly has been removed from the housing, you can now use a small flat head screwdriver or similar to carefully separate the LCD screen from the touch screen digitizer. Heat may be required.
    • You can now replace either the touch screen digitizer or the LCD screen.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
    Thanks guys!

Appreciate the support!! Hope it helps!!
    The best way to remove the adhesive is to heat it. You can use a hot blow dryer, this will loosen the adhesive bond. You can purchase adhesive strips from our website when sealing it back together.

Hi,