[Q] (Help) Change Model Number Back!

Search This thread

4DM

Apr 19, 2014
Hi all,

Some time ago, I was troubleshooting one of the many ossues I have had with my phone. During the troubleshooting, one of the steps was to change the Note 3 model number to that of an S4. That would have effectively resolved the issue.

Now some time has passed, and having the phone identified as an S4 is causing other problems. I cant find the original thread though, and I cant remember which file I changed.

I remember going into Root Browser, and looking up a file. I opened the file in text editor, and changed SM900W8 to SMH I337 or something like that.

Anyone know where that file is? I need to change my model back because of compatibility issues :(

jisoo

Jul 12, 2013
d-h.st
Hi all,

Some time ago, I was troubleshooting one of the many ossues I have had with my phone. During the troubleshooting, one of the steps was to change the Note 3 model number to that of an S4. That would have effectively resolved the issue.

Now some time has passed, and having the phone identified as an S4 is causing other problems. I cant find the original thread though, and I cant remember which file I changed.

I remember going into Root Browser, and looking up a file. I opened the file in text editor, and changed SM900W8 to SMH I337 or something like that.

Anyone know where that file is? I need to change my model back because of compatibility issues :(

/system/build.prop?

Reactions: 4DM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

/system/build.prop?