Stuck in Odin

Search This thread

sixftsix

Mar 10, 2012
I am running stock AT&T 4.2.2 MF3 rooted with Motochopper, I believe.

An OTA downloaded on my device today, NC1 I guess? I knew I couldn't install it because either it would fail after detecting root, or I would potentially brick.

I wanted to update to stock NB1 or NC1 (maintaining or re-establishing root afterward).

The MF3 update threads I have found seem outdated.

Please let me know what the safest way to flash the latest stock that is rootable.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Austie1337

Oct 13, 2013
thank you, I didn't know that would work from MF3.

Hello, Sixftsix, I am in the same boat as you. MF3 rooted wanting to upgrade to NC1. Did it successfully work for you? The files say NB1 to NC1 not MF3 to NC1 so I was just wondering if it worked. Also what version of Safestrap did you use?

Thank you very much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sixftsix

Mar 10, 2012
Hello, Sixftsix, I am in the same boat as you. MF3 rooted wanting to upgrade to NC1. Did it successfully work for you? The files say NB1 to NC1 not MF3 to NC1 so I was just wondering if it worked. Also what version of Safestrap did you use?

Thank you very much!

I haven't upgraded yet, I'm still confused on what is the proper/safest method.

I am not sure if we have to go from MF3 > MK2 > NB1 > NC1... or if we can go directly to NB1 with this: "NB1 STOCK -- Get to NB1 Stock from NB1 or earlier... I337UCUFNB1 4.4 Stock Odin Tar & System Dump", then use the NB1 to NC1 method.

Let me know if you attempt anything and the results, I will do the same. I did lot of reading with no clear answers.

If anyone can confirm the best method, I would appreciate your help!

Reactions: Austie1337

Austie1337

Oct 13, 2013

I am not sure if we have to go from MF3 > MK2 > NB1 > NC1... or if we can go directly to NB1 with this: "NB1 STOCK -- Get to NB1 Stock from NB1 or earlier... I337UCUFNB1 4.4 Stock Odin Tar & System Dump", then use the NB1 to NC1 method.

Let me know if you attempt anything and the results, I will do the same. I did lot of reading with no clear answers.

Apparently you need to upgrade to MK2, root, then do MK2 to NB1, and then NB1 to NC1. Its a process. I think I'll just stick with 4.2.2 until a root method is available for KitKat then I'll just upgrade to KitKat instead of flashing because I always have bad luck when it comes to soft modding...
Good luck.

Reactions: sixftsix

Austie1337

Oct 13, 2013
If you want NB1, you can flash straight to it with the ODIN package. If you want root, you can flash to either MK2 or NB1 but going to NB1 adds in the downgrade steps.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

Thank you! One question. I use Linux so I wouldn't be using ODIN I would be flashing with Heimdall. Same thing right?

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thank you! One question. I use Linux so I wouldn't be using ODIN I would be flashing with Heimdall. Same thing right?

Slightly different. You'll have to extract the partitions to flash from the ODIN file since it doesn't work with ODIN packages directly. Alternatively, you could try JODIN3.

Reactions: Austie1337

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    check out the ODIN to stock section in post 1...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221
    If you want NB1, you can flash straight to it with the ODIN package. If you want root, you can flash to either MK2 or NB1 but going to NB1 adds in the downgrade steps.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

Thank you very much!

Apparently you need to upgrade to MK2, root, then do MK2 to NB1, and then NB1 to NC1. Its a process. I think I'll just stick with 4.2.2 until a root method is available for KitKat then I'll just upgrade to KitKat instead of flashing because I always have bad luck when it comes to soft modding...
    Good luck.