[MOD] Flash-aholicsTool 5.4.2012.0 - ICS and NFC Support

Search This thread

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
This is a windows based tool that I created to add things that I like to existing Gingerbread ROM's and to Hellraise I9100 Gingerbread ROM's (Samsung or CM7/MIUI/CM9 based) and I have decided to share it with you guys. One thing this is great for is flashing the updates of a ROM you use on a regular basis, I got sick of having to keep putting my custom init.d files (mostly that I would forget) and editing the Build.prop on the android was a pain in the butt so this tool helps me and hopefully you guys will find it useful too.

image1ht.png

flashaholicstool2.png

How it works:
1. First you select a ROM that you have downloaded using the button to the right of the "Selected ROM" textbox.
2. Select what options you want to do to the ROM (like adding systems apps, init.d files, and custom Build.prop parameters, or Hellraise it!)
3. Click "Build ROM" and the program then unzips the ROM, apply's the user selected options and rebuilds the zip file so it is ready for flashing.
4. Copy the zip file to your phone and flash away!
5. If your phone does not boot try these 3 things before giving up (one of these should get you going)
a. Flash the same zip again
b. Remake the ROM using a different kernel
c. Remake the ROM using a different modem (making sure you selected the modem from the right type)
6. Always remember to wipe cache and Dalvik, and factory reset if you are coming from a different ROM, just like always.

How to Hellraise:
1. First you select a ROM that you have downloaded using the button to the right of the "Selected ROM" textbox.
2. Check the "Hellraise the ROM" check box.
3. Select if it is an ICS ROM.
4. Select a kernel from the dropdown list of kernels (I have included the Kernel from CM7 and MIUI and also included latest Siyah)
5. Select a modem from the dropdown, being careful to select the modem type for the ROM you are Hellraising (You will see 2 lists in the above picture, 1 for Samsung based and one for CM7/MIUI.
6. Click "Build ROM" and the program then unzips the ROM, apply's the user selected options and rebuilds the zip file so it is ready for flashing.
7. Always remember to wipe cache and Dalvik, and factory reset if you are coming from a different ROM, just like always.
8. Copy the zip file to your phone and flash away!

How to remove device specific checks (this is what prevents some of the I9100 ROMS from installing on our phone:
1. Check the "Strip out device specific script calls" box

How to add Init.d files to the ROM:
1. Just click the one you want to add from the "Add Init.d Files" section so you see a check mark next to it, all files will be added to the ROM that have a check mark on them. WARNING: the loopy_smoothness init.d file contains some of my custom lines in it to work with MIUI, so if you are not using MIUI you will need to modify it!!!
2. To add your own Init.d items, navigate to the "Initd" sub directory for this program and copy your custom files to that folder (make sure there is no extention on the file name) and then restart the program and they will show up in the list.

How to add Build.prop items to the ROM:
1. Just click the one you want to add from the "Build.prop Mods" section so you see a check mark next to it, all files will be added to the ROM's build.prop file that have a check mark on them.
2. To add your own Build.prop items, navigate to the "BuildProp" sub directory for this program and copy your custom files to that folder (make sure you add ".build.prop" to the end of the file name) and then restart the program and they will show up in the list.

How to add System/App Files:
1. Just click the one you want to add from the "Add System/App Files" section so you see a check mark next to it, all files will be added to the ROM's System/App directory that have a check mark on them.
2. To add your own System apps, navigate to the "CustomSystemApps" sub directory for this program and copy your system apk's to that folder and then restart the program and they will show up in the list. I primarily use it for QuickOffice and CM7's camera.

How to append to the new zip file:
1. Just type something in the "Append This to New Zip" field. Make sure you don't use wierd characters that windows/phone wont understand.

Applying an MIUI theme:
1. Place your favorite MIUI theme (they are the files with .mtz extension in the "MIUI/Theme" directory on your internal sdcard) in the "MIUIThemes" subdirectory of my program to ge them to show in the list.
2. Select the one you want to apply to the ROM from the "MIUI Themes" selection dropdown and it will then be automatically applied to the ROM, its that easy!

Text Editor:
I have also included a text editor to edit scripts and Build.prop modifications so you can modify them anyway you want. Simply select a file from the list and then click the "Edit File" button to the right of the list (there is one for init.d files and one for Build.prop Mods).

I9100 ROM's Confirmed working:
1. Criskello
2. Turkbey
3. MIUI.US
4. WIUI (see post #76 for special instructions)
5. HydrOxyG3NMOD V2
6. miui special edition V6
7. Omega 10.4
8. AdyScorpiusMIUI vGB1
9. Checkrom v4
10. Checkrom v6
11. MiuiDano
12. miuiandroid.com SGS2 ROM's

Great thanks for the donation from the following:
1. stevehkim
2. stoney_38668

Special thanks to:
shep211 for paving the way to the MIUI I9100 conversions and anyone else involved.
Entropy512 for his Hellraiser and kernel.
Fenny for his ICS kernel!!!!!!!
To all the guys from the forums in providing the scripts/build.prop edits I have included in this package.
The CM7 and MIUI teams.
GOKHANMORAL for Siyah kernel.

Download Instructions:
1. Donwload Zip file from below.
2. Extract contents to a Folder on your harddrive (preferably something like "C:\ROMMaker", keep it out of special folders like "My Documents" so you don't run into permission issues).
3. Right click on "Flash-aholicsTool.exe" and select "Run as Administrator".

Download Link for 5.4.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnjidmm2kss21s6
Download Link for 3.22.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?1v1xxbugm1w5na2
Download Link for 3.3.2012.0: (thanks to efan0388 for server space) http://myandroidroms.com/files/pjkvNnn1330834792.html
Download Link for 2.23.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?it3uzlne50xdzu0
Download Link for 2.17.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?9v21g945khik2i3
Download Link for 2.16.2012.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?u1lv8g5bk8cy3oa
Download Link for 2.15.2012: http://www.mediafire.com/?76f8b5vb4rgwixk
Download Link for 2.9.2012: http://www.mediafire.com/?7jajc2ejk73boxd

Click "Thanks" if you like what you see or donate with my link.

Change Log:

1. Added NFC support to options
2. Added a few new kernels and modems
3. Added option to import kernels and modems so you can update the list anytime you want (just click the appropriate import button, select a zip file with a modem or kernel in it, give it a name and BAM, you added it!

1. Added ICS kernel from Fenny (works with most Sammy/AOKP/CM9)
2. Added on screen button enable/disable function (not that we need it know but I already added it)

1. Added ICS kernels from Entropy and Myself to the package.

1. Changed zip algorithm to try and help those stuborn ROM again (status 7 should be gone now). I verified that CheckROM v6 and miuiandroid.com ROM are now working.
2. Speed up zip/unzip process
3. The hang on building the zip file should be gone now too.
4. Added 2nd version of 3G tweeks for build.prop (got from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1510532)
5. ICS ROM's seem to be working now too for the purpose of removing the device specific checks to get them to install.

1. Added text editor for any file (on top menu under "File")
2. Changed "Build ROM" button to "Execute" and gives you 4 options (to give you guys alot of flexibility).
  • Full build from zip (same thing as the old "Build ROM" button)
  • Build zip file from "Build" directory
  • Extract ROM and apply options ONLY
  • Extract ROM ONLY
3. Changed the way kernel and modems are changed, seems to help some of the stuborn ROM's like MiuiDano.

1. Added wifi fix in nvram_net.txt for those ROM's that need it.
2. Added checkbox to change device name to I777 for people that don't like seeing the I9100 and for market issues.
3. Change multi-threading routine to speed things up and hopefully fix the problem with the zip creation stalling.
4. Added 3 options for hellraising: GB-CM7/MIUI based (slimmed down hellraise), GB-Samsung Based (full hellraise), and ICS CM7/MIUI.
5. Create init.d directory automatically if you select any init.d files and it doesn't exist in the ROM.
6. Before unzipping this version if you plan to replace older version, delete all the directories beginning with "Replacements" then unzip and replace all files and folders.

1. Added check mark for removal of device specific checks
2. Fixed init.d file copy errors.
3. Added ICS support, only tested AdyScorpiusMIUI v4 and stopped there cus I liked it. Just a few warnings, you will get no sound if you make a call and the USB stuff seems to be messed up so you won't be able to transfer files using USB once the ROM is on there and the hard button issue of course. Other than that, everything else is working including the face-unlock, ENJOY!
4. To get AdyScorpiusMIUI v4 to work, check the Hellraise button, check "This is an ICS ROM", pick the ICS kernel, and check the "Strip out device...". Thats it.
5. Always make a backup before flashing!!!

1. Added applying your favorite MIUI theme (of course only use this option if you are working on an MIUI theme)
2. Tried to speed up the zipping portion a bit too;)

Last edited:

LiLChris06

Nov 23, 2011
XDA
Interesting will give this a try in a few moments if it stays dead at work.

Edit - No link :(
*waiting patiently*

Confirmed working Turkbey Rom v32!

Last edited:

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
got an error at the end of hellraising galnets miui and the miui.us rom for the i9100.

don't know what it means but i did back up my rom. gonna continue flashing this anyway lol

LiLChris06

Nov 23, 2011
XDA
No, that is what I am on too. Let me try v32 again. One more question, did you get a zip file in the "NewROM" sub folder of the program?

Nope just a temp file, tried with a new modem and still stuck.

How long is it suppose to take?
I re-downloaded both the tool and rom and still nothing. :(

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Nope just a temp file, tried with a new modem and still stuck.

How long is it suppose to take?
I re-downloaded both the tool and rom and still nothing. :(

It takes 34 seconds total on my 64 bit machine, about 2 minutes on my slower 32 bit laptop. I will recompile it a different way and re-upload it for you to try, I will reply to this again when the new version is up? In the mean time, try compatibility mode and also try another ROM for the fun of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsquaredgto

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
It takes 34 seconds total on my 64 bit machine, about 2 minutes on my slower 32 bit laptop. I will recompile it a different way and re-upload it for you to try, I will reply to this again when the new version is up? In the mean time, try compatibility mode and also try another ROM for the fun of it.

New link is up Chris, re-download and zip over top of the old files. Did you unzip the files to a directory or did you you do it to the root of c drive? Also, is this a Mac or a real computer;)?

Reactions: jsquaredgto

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey

Don't bother redoing it! it works! It just worked for me with WIUI rebuilt it in 42 seconds! :D Nice! running windows 7 64 bit by the way. Now I'm gonna flash it!! Thanks Ktoonsez!

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe

Don'tbother redoing it! it works! It just worked for me with WIUI rebuilt it in 42 seconds! :D Nice running windows 7 64 bit. Now I'm gonna flash it!! Thanks Ktoonsez!

Thanks Gutterball, enjoy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a windows based tool that I created to add things that I like to existing Gingerbread ROM's and to Hellraise I9100 Gingerbread ROM's (Samsung or CM7/MIUI/CM9 based) and I have decided to share it with you guys. One thing this is great for is flashing the updates of a ROM you use on a regular basis, I got sick of having to keep putting my custom init.d files (mostly that I would forget) and editing the Build.prop on the android was a pain in the butt so this tool helps me and hopefully you guys will find it useful too.

image1ht.png

flashaholicstool2.png

How it works:
    2. Select what options you want to do to the ROM (like adding systems apps, init.d files, and custom Build.prop parameters, or Hellraise it!)
    3. Click "Build ROM" and the program then unzips the ROM, apply's the user selected options and rebuilds the zip file so it is ready for flashing.
    4. Copy the zip file to your phone and flash away!
    5. If your phone does not boot try these 3 things before giving up (one of these should get you going)
    a. Flash the same zip again
    b. Remake the ROM using a different kernel
    c. Remake the ROM using a different modem (making sure you selected the modem from the right type)
    6. Always remember to wipe cache and Dalvik, and factory reset if you are coming from a different ROM, just like always.

How to Hellraise:
    2. Check the "Hellraise the ROM" check box.
    3. Select if it is an ICS ROM.
    4. Select a kernel from the dropdown list of kernels (I have included the Kernel from CM7 and MIUI and also included latest Siyah)
    5. Select a modem from the dropdown, being careful to select the modem type for the ROM you are Hellraising (You will see 2 lists in the above picture, 1 for Samsung based and one for CM7/MIUI.
    6. Click "Build ROM" and the program then unzips the ROM, apply's the user selected options and rebuilds the zip file so it is ready for flashing.
    7. Always remember to wipe cache and Dalvik, and factory reset if you are coming from a different ROM, just like always.
    8. Copy the zip file to your phone and flash away!

How to remove device specific checks (this is what prevents some of the I9100 ROMS from installing on our phone:
    1. Check the "Strip out device specific script calls" box

How to add Init.d files to the ROM:
    1. Just click the one you want to add from the "Add Init.d Files" section so you see a check mark next to it, all files will be added to the ROM that have a check mark on them. WARNING: the loopy_smoothness init.d file contains some of my custom lines in it to work with MIUI, so if you are not using MIUI you will need to modify it!!!
    2. To add your own Init.d items, navigate to the "Initd" sub directory for this program and copy your custom files to that folder (make sure there is no extention on the file name) and then restart the program and they will show up in the list.

How to add Build.prop items to the ROM:
    1. Just click the one you want to add from the "Build.prop Mods" section so you see a check mark next to it, all files will be added to the ROM's build.prop file that have a check mark on them.
    2. To add your own Build.prop items, navigate to the "BuildProp" sub directory for this program and copy your custom files to that folder (make sure you add ".build.prop" to the end of the file name) and then restart the program and they will show up in the list.

How to add System/App Files:
    1. Just click the one you want to add from the "Add System/App Files" section so you see a check mark next to it, all files will be added to the ROM's System/App directory that have a check mark on them.
    2. To add your own System apps, navigate to the "CustomSystemApps" sub directory for this program and copy your system apk's to that folder and then restart the program and they will show up in the list. I primarily use it for QuickOffice and CM7's camera.

How to append to the new zip file:
    1. Just type something in the "Append This to New Zip" field. Make sure you don't use wierd characters that windows/phone wont understand.

Applying an MIUI theme:
    1. Place your favorite MIUI theme (they are the files with .mtz extension in the "MIUI/Theme" directory on your internal sdcard) in the "MIUIThemes" subdirectory of my program to ge them to show in the list.
    2. Select the one you want to apply to the ROM from the "MIUI Themes" selection dropdown and it will then be automatically applied to the ROM, its that easy!

Text Editor:
    I have also included a text editor to edit scripts and Build.prop modifications so you can modify them anyway you want. Simply select a file from the list and then click the "Edit File" button to the right of the list (there is one for init.d files and one for Build.prop Mods).

I9100 ROM's Confirmed working:
    1. Criskello
    2. Turkbey
    3. MIUI.US
    4. WIUI (see post #76 for special instructions)
    5. HydrOxyG3NMOD V2
    6. miui special edition V6
    7. Omega 10.4
    8. AdyScorpiusMIUI vGB1
    9. Checkrom v4
    10. Checkrom v6
    11. MiuiDano
    12. miuiandroid.com SGS2 ROM's

Great thanks for the donation from the following:
    1. stevehkim
    2. stoney_38668

Special thanks to:
    shep211 for paving the way to the MIUI I9100 conversions and anyone else involved.
    Entropy512 for his Hellraiser and kernel.
    Fenny for his ICS kernel!!!!!!!
    To all the guys from the forums in providing the scripts/build.prop edits I have included in this package.
    The CM7 and MIUI teams.
    GOKHANMORAL for Siyah kernel.

Download Instructions:
    1. Donwload Zip file from below.
    2. Extract contents to a Folder on your harddrive (preferably something like "C:\ROMMaker", keep it out of special folders like "My Documents" so you don't run into permission issues).
    3. Right click on "Flash-aholicsTool.exe" and select "Run as Administrator".

Download Link for 5.4.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnjidmm2kss21s6
    Download Link for 3.22.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?1v1xxbugm1w5na2
    Download Link for 3.3.2012.0: (thanks to efan0388 for server space) http://myandroidroms.com/files/pjkvNnn1330834792.html
    Download Link for 2.23.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?it3uzlne50xdzu0
    Download Link for 2.17.2012.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?9v21g945khik2i3
    Download Link for 2.16.2012.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?u1lv8g5bk8cy3oa
    Download Link for 2.15.2012: http://www.mediafire.com/?76f8b5vb4rgwixk
    Download Link for 2.9.2012: http://www.mediafire.com/?7jajc2ejk73boxd

Click "Thanks" if you like what you see or donate with my link.

Change Log:

1. Added NFC support to options
    2. Added a few new kernels and modems
    3. Added option to import kernels and modems so you can update the list anytime you want (just click the appropriate import button, select a zip file with a modem or kernel in it, give it a name and BAM, you added it!

1. Added ICS kernel from Fenny (works with most Sammy/AOKP/CM9)
    2. Added on screen button enable/disable function (not that we need it know but I already added it)

1. Changed zip algorithm to try and help those stuborn ROM again (status 7 should be gone now). I verified that CheckROM v6 and miuiandroid.com ROM are now working.
    2. Speed up zip/unzip process
    3. The hang on building the zip file should be gone now too.
    4. Added 2nd version of 3G tweeks for build.prop (got from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1510532)
    5. ICS ROM's seem to be working now too for the purpose of removing the device specific checks to get them to install.

1. Added text editor for any file (on top menu under "File")
    2. Changed "Build ROM" button to "Execute" and gives you 4 options (to give you guys alot of flexibility).
    • Full build from zip (same thing as the old "Build ROM" button)
    • Build zip file from "Build" directory
    • Extract ROM and apply options ONLY
    • Extract ROM ONLY
    3. Changed the way kernel and modems are changed, seems to help some of the stuborn ROM's like MiuiDano.

1. Added wifi fix in nvram_net.txt for those ROM's that need it.
    2. Added checkbox to change device name to I777 for people that don't like seeing the I9100 and for market issues.
    3. Change multi-threading routine to speed things up and hopefully fix the problem with the zip creation stalling.
    4. Added 3 options for hellraising: GB-CM7/MIUI based (slimmed down hellraise), GB-Samsung Based (full hellraise), and ICS CM7/MIUI.
    5. Create init.d directory automatically if you select any init.d files and it doesn't exist in the ROM.
    6. Before unzipping this version if you plan to replace older version, delete all the directories beginning with "Replacements" then unzip and replace all files and folders.

1. Added check mark for removal of device specific checks
    2. Fixed init.d file copy errors.
    3. Added ICS support, only tested AdyScorpiusMIUI v4 and stopped there cus I liked it. Just a few warnings, you will get no sound if you make a call and the USB stuff seems to be messed up so you won't be able to transfer files using USB once the ROM is on there and the hard button issue of course. Other than that, everything else is working including the face-unlock, ENJOY!
    4. To get AdyScorpiusMIUI v4 to work, check the Hellraise button, check "This is an ICS ROM", pick the ICS kernel, and check the "Strip out device...". Thats it.
    5. Always make a backup before flashing!!!

1. Added applying your favorite MIUI theme (of course only use this option if you are working on an MIUI theme)
    2. Tried to speed up the zipping portion a bit too;)
    New version guys, I have included my ICS kernel and Entropy's. Should make things easier when you want to try an I9100 ICS ROM. No need to hellraise, just select an ICS kernel to add to the ROM and build it.

Change Log:

Decided to try again on the old build, and it seems only I777UCKJ4 worked on the old build with Turkbey...Not sure what you did in the rebuild since I couldn't try it myself.
    Tried downloading the modems from another thread and replacing them but still none worked except that one for some odd reason.

Flashed and confirmed working with Turkbey! :) (updated post in first page)
    Now to change the language, luckily I have the tethering settings memorized so I can post. Lol

Requests
    1. Append to the name when doing the same rom again.
    2. Flashing theme after rom.

Append to the name field is now added per your request;)
    So does it work on miui.us 2.3.3 anyone?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Give about 30 minutes I just got it too work again!!!:D I released this with the full Hellraiser and it seem some of the files that it replaces/adds are causing the issues with MIUI. You will need to delete all the files and folders from the old program before extracting the new.