[WARNING] Be aware! The new XXUEMK4 Comes with Knox Void Warranty!!

Search This thread

tamirda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2010
www.tdroms.com

Attention friends!

My friend @paulove have just flashed the new XXUEMK4 from here:
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/17...-3-test-firmware-for-galaxy-note-ii-gt-n7100/

His bootloader was updated to MK4 but with a little "gift" from samsung:
Knox Void Warranty 0
When he tried to flash recovery and it changed to Knox Void Warranty 1

31338kh.jpg

Please everyone, read this to understand everything you need about Knox Void Warranty 1/0:

http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/

DO NOT FLASH THE NEW BOOTLOADER - Unless you know what you are doing!

MJ5 Bootloader is safe to downgrade and the wifi works on this bootloader.

XXUEMK4 Bootloader is not safe!!

My friend says that he can not downgrade, because after he tried he got "Kies Emergency Mode" and his odin failed.
After he installed MK4 back everything worked again.

DO NOT TRY TO DOWNGRADE IF YOU HAVE THE NEW BOOTLOADER!

Tamir.

Last edited:

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
And its the final version. So welcome to the club with note 3 n s4. We r brothers.

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384717273241.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384717273241.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,461

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Yeah I have seen that too so tried with wifi patched and worked fine.. So still wifi patch will wifi patch should work but I will try to look to this bootloader when time permits. But still I doubt this new bootloader may have blacklisted old bootloader and it may make irreversible changes. Also if downgrade remain successful, further upgrade may cause issue.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

Last edited:

sam5154

Feb 16, 2011
first, good thing that there is 2 stable leaks without this flag.I guess we should all stick to MJ5 for a while.
But now i'm thinking what should my nest device be? I loved Samsung devices, because they are so easy to root,flash roms and still you can save the warranty.Now my blacklist contains, HTC, Sony, Motorola and Samsung.Do Asus and LG lock their bootloader too?

And there is some bad news from Google itself. seems they came up with methods to help OEM for preventing unlocking bootloader in 4.4 KitKat.

Your 24 month warranty has already run out? Lol id double check your papers

you have a 24 month warranty? damn.

silver750

Jan 27, 2012
Hodonín
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
first, good thing that there is 2 stable leaks without this flag.I guess we should all stick to MJ5 for a while.
But now i'm thinking what should my nest device be? I loved Samsung devices, because they are so easy to root,flash roms and still you can save the warranty.Now my blacklist contains, HTC, Sony, Motorola and Samsung.Do Asus and LG lock their bootloader too?

And there is some bad news from Google itself. seems they came up with methods to help OEM for preventing unlocking bootloader in 4.4 KitKat.

you have a 24 month warranty? damn.

Yea, also in Czech Republic we have a 24 month warranty.

Odesláno z mého GT-N7100 pomocí Tapatalk

paulove

Oct 7, 2008
Lier
Yeah I have seen that too so tried with wifi patched and worked fine.. So still wifi patch will wifi patch should work but I will try to look to this bootloader when time permits. But still I doubt this new bootloader may have blacklisted old bootloader and it may make irreversible changes. Also if downgrade remain successful, further upgrade may cause issue.

Is there a way I can downgrade this bootloader?

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
the way they took time to slowly yet steadily introduce the Note 2 forums to the full force of the Knox poison you would believe how much control they already have over these forums.

it can only be LOVE, true love ;p

Reactions: Bruce lee roy

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
May their conscience trouble them over this; if they have one, that is.

My note ii is owned by me, bought it and not on contract. Flag is now 1. Still runs fine, and I don't need knox stuff on the phone.

Reactions: DrMuhammadElHanafy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Attention friends!

My friend @paulove have just flashed the new XXUEMK4 from here:
    http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/17...-3-test-firmware-for-galaxy-note-ii-gt-n7100/

His bootloader was updated to MK4 but with a little "gift" from samsung:
    Knox Void Warranty 0
    When he tried to flash recovery and it changed to Knox Void Warranty 1

31338kh.jpg

Please everyone, read this to understand everything you need about Knox Void Warranty 1/0:

http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/

DO NOT FLASH THE NEW BOOTLOADER - Unless you know what you are doing!

MJ5 Bootloader is safe to downgrade and the wifi works on this bootloader.

XXUEMK4 Bootloader is not safe!!

My friend says that he can not downgrade, because after he tried he got "Kies Emergency Mode" and his odin failed.
    After he installed MK4 back everything worked again.

DO NOT TRY TO DOWNGRADE IF YOU HAVE THE NEW BOOTLOADER!

Tamir.

LoL, call me crazy, but I have full faith that the devs from XDA will actually find solutions for all of this.

As of right now it's all so new that even the best devs haven't had the time to ponder it much or come up with a solution. Give them a little time and EVERYTHING will be back to business as usual. Every security feature known to man looks bullet proof when it first comes out. This pattern has been going on since I can remember.

History will continue to repeat itself.

If they can make it, our devs can break it! :D
    knew it samsung will take his time to integrate new knox s*** not new features.. lol
    everything comes with a price

Except torrents and Triangle Away.

:D