Aldiko ebook reader - buggy on Note 10.1 2014

Search This thread
For those looking for an ebook reader and tending to use or even buy Aldiko, the following information might be of interest.

I purchased Aldiko and with change from Note 10.1 to Note 10.1 2014, pages with graphics were suddenly displayed as blank.

Some tests showed me finally, that Aldiko is yet not able to cope with the screen resolution of the Note 10.1 2014 (if run in split screen mode, the pages are displayed properly).

Unfortunately, although Aldiko knows about the problem since October and the reason since December, nothing happend. Instead support requests are simply closed without any comment, there is no answer or reaction from the support at all.

Presently, I cannot recommend Aldiko anymore. A pity as I paid for the software.

Last edited:

rockjock2020

Oct 1, 2007
I use mantano and moored both work well and I can have books on my so card

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

notebooko

Sep 6, 2012
If you need something fast mupdf beats all competition. The UI is kind of clunky but when it comes to speed of rendering pdf it can't be beat.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

bootx1

Feb 27, 2009
I like the Mantano, the interface is nice and clean and it handles notes well other than the insistence of heavily branding exported note review sheets.

The biggest issue with Mantano is it's inability to handle pdf files. If you select text from a pdf and copy to another application or activate TTS it splits w or ds wi th l o ts of sp ace s, so it renders TTS and copy functions as useless. I wrote to Mantano as at £6.69 it's the most expensive single app I've bought, I had the following response:

" Thank you for your email. Yes we are aware of the issue that you report. It is caused by the software component (from Adobe) that we are using to parse the PDF. We are investigating fixes but we currently have nothing really satisfying. We don't let it be, we'll try to fix but it might take longer than we'd like..."

This is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned for a paid app, ezPDF can cope well with pdfs, but the interface is the equivalent of an ageing digital turd.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I like iReader Pro, has no problems with everything I throw at it (epub, prc, mob), works well.
It is free on the p[lay store and has no ads that I've seen. Liked it from Gingerbread over Aldiko...
Give it a shot... Price is right...

kisrita

I used to use Moon reader, but now I tend to just upload my drm free books to google play and use the play book reader. It syncs, it reads to you (with ivona voice amy, it's tolerable) and it stays in your cloud library. And it has the smoothest 3d page turn animation. I usually end up buying a Kindle ebook, use calibre plug in to dedrm in windows then convert to epub then either upload to google play on the pc, or upload it later when accessing my calibre library with the calibre companion app.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

woodsonmh

Dec 2, 2010
Try cool reader. Its not as fancy as others but it has more settings than any other reader. You can really adjust your reading environment. It also supports tts. I own the others but i usally use cool reader.
Woody

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
Until they get it fixed you might try fbreader. Been using it for quite a while now without issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those looking for an ebook reader and tending to use or even buy Aldiko, the following information might be of interest.

I purchased Aldiko and with change from Note 10.1 to Note 10.1 2014, pages with graphics were suddenly displayed as blank.

Some tests showed me finally, that Aldiko is yet not able to cope with the screen resolution of the Note 10.1 2014 (if run in split screen mode, the pages are displayed properly).

Unfortunately, although Aldiko knows about the problem since October and the reason since December, nothing happend. Instead support requests are simply closed without any comment, there is no answer or reaction from the support at all.

Presently, I cannot recommend Aldiko anymore. A pity as I paid for the software.