[Q] who to moderate back key press in WP8.1

Search This thread

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Hi every one
In WP8 we could use
Protected Override Void OnbackKeyPress(....e)
{
}
Now I didn't find such thing in windows Phone 8.1 ! Can anyone help me with this ?
and my other Q is : where is the messagebox.show ? and also Isolated Storage ?! :D :D
Now I think get an absolutely Noooob again :D

ElStoney

Apr 17, 2014
Hi every one
In WP8 we could use
{
}
Now I didn't find such thing in windows Phone 8.1 ! Can anyone help me with this ?
and my other Q is : where is the messagebox.show ? and also Isolated Storage ?! :D :D

Hi,

instead of overriding OnbackKeyPress you have to register the event
Windows.Phone.UI.Input.HardwareButtons.BackPressed += HardwareButtons_BackPressed;

void HardwareButtons_BackPressed(object sender, Windows.Phone.UI.Input.BackPressedEventArgs e)
{
// your code
e.Handled = true; // if you wanna prevent that the "standard"-eventhandler is called and your app getting closed
}

Best,

Reactions: ngame

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Hi,

Windows.Phone.UI.Input.HardwareButtons.BackPressed += HardwareButtons_BackPressed;

void HardwareButtons_BackPressed(object sender, Windows.Phone.UI.Input.BackPressedEventArgs e)
{
// your code
e.Handled = true; // if you wanna prevent that the "standard"-eventhandler is called and your app getting closed
}

Best,
Thanks.
And what about isolated storage?
I can't use them any more and power tools ran out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi every one
    In WP8 we could use
    {
    }

Hi,

{
    // your code
    }

Best,
    Look for StorageFile and StorageFolder:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/windows/apps/windows.storage.aspx

And here is a Storage Helper class from Jerry Nixon that is useful: http://codepaste.net/gtu5mq