S-Off unlock bootloader

Search This thread

Slacker101

Oct 17, 2010
Is there a command to unlock the bootloader with s-off without having to wipe all of my data and everything?

C

cdexsw

There is no need to unlock. S-off is all that you need. It can do anything.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

quepaso

Jul 10, 2010
There is no need to unlock. S-off is all that you need. It can do anything.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

You need root to get s-off. The only people who had root were people on the shipped rom when the phone came out. Every OTA since has not had root, let alone temp root that the shipped rom had. So you absolutely need HTC Dev unlock to get s-off, and yes if you havent done it yet, it will wipe the phone. Thems the breaks.

Slacker101

Oct 17, 2010
You need root to get s-off. The only people who had root were people on the shipped rom when the phone came out. Every OTA since has not had root, let alone temp root that the shipped rom had. So you absolutely need HTC Dev unlock to get s-off, and yes if you havent done it yet, it will wipe the phone. Thems the breaks.

Not what I meant. I already had s-off and it relocked. It then would not allow me to install amon ra. I was asking if there was a different fastboot command to just change it to unlock now since we have soff.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
I had to unlock too but reused my token.

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code. is the command

Edit: My bad this probably isn't what you were looking for.

Last edited:

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
I didn't have to re-unlock.

I asked about this in the discussion thread but was never answered.

I just fastboot flash recovery .zip

and HBOOT flashed my roms boot.img and I was back with the addition of S-OFF

I've flashed several Roms since, while my HBOOT still says Tampered, Locked, S-OFF.

Finally, since I'm on ICS, I flashed the Juopunutbear modified HBOOT.

Everything seems to be open and working fine without re-unlocking.

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
afaik if you did s-off and you're on GB firmware, you need the ENG Hboot to flash recoveries using fastboot commands, otherwise you have to use PH98IMG.zip's... but that's just what i see, i'm not 100%.