[KERNEL]*Matr1x* with BLN and voodoo v25.0 | JB - 4.1.1/4.1.2/4.2

Search This thread

benrees21

May 31, 2010
Grays
Mathkid is a total rip off :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus, running Rascream ROM and the ever so mighty Trinity kernel.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Mathkid is a total rip off :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus, running Rascream ROM and the ever so mighty Trinity kernel.

now i wouldnt call him a total rip off, especially because he cares about his users and their experience with matr1x, and their feedback. that makes him good in my book. as a dev, he is learning. and has even grown as a dev since he started kernel development on the ns. and hes still young! imagine what he will be able to do as he matures. mathkid, keep up the good work :)

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
Sample tweaks for battery (smartassV2)...

Code:
echo "500000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/awake_ideal_freq;
echo "200000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/sleep_ideal_freq;
echo "500000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/sleep_wakeup_freq
echo "85" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/max_cpu_load;
echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/min_cpu_load;
echo "200000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/ramp_up_step;
echo "200000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/ramp_down_step;
echo "48000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/up_rate_us
echo "49000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/smartass/down_rate_us

...or with NSTOOLS (awake ideal freq 500000, sleep ideal freq 200000, sleep wakeup freq 500000...bla bla bla ;) )

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19846297&postcount=2

What min/max settings would you recommend? 200/1000 or 200/800? I can't have the minimum at 100 because then my phone gets jittery and I risk SOD when music is playing and screen is off... Would underclocking be better or should I just go up to 1000? I'm trying to save lots of battery :p. I'm also using the Noop scheduler, Deep Idle works for me so I have that on too. Should I keep Noop?

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I'm sure this has been mentioned but why don't the settings stick in nstools?

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I just lost signal, switching between 2G/3G or Airplane mode didn't fix it -- I had to reboot the phone. Any ideas? I'm on stock 4.0.4 with the HSDPA tweak...

I've also been losing signal, just a few times that I noticed. But I flash ROM's on my mom's Huawei Ascend X and she has been losing signal as well, so I was thinking it was a service issue and was gonna call them about it. It is odd, usually don't have this issue.

chalan30

Nov 15, 2009
AUSTIN, TX
I'm sure this has been mentioned but why don't the settings stick in nstools?

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I've also been losing signal, just a few times that I noticed. But I flash ROM's on my mom's Huawei Ascend X and she has been losing signal as well, so I was thinking it was a service issue and was gonna call them about it. It is odd, usually don't have this issue.

Personally I think it has to do with the setcpu/nstools type stuff which now comes as part of the ui. Btw, which settings aren't sticking... all?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Personally I think it has to do with the setcpu/nstools type stuff which now comes as part of the ui. Btw, which settings aren't sticking... all?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

I think it is mostly only the governor. I haven't had much time to play with it but I did notice my smartass v2 setting always switches to lulzactive.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
Some screenes with battery, cm9 v6 + matr1x v19.

Doing this on screens and more. Im impressed. (Msn, 2 hours 37 minutes)

Sent from SpeedMachine i9023

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335515552280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335515552280.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 361
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335515565606.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335515565606.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 349
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335515580223.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335515580223.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 338
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335515592892.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335515592892.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 339

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
Lol, can't believe deepidle is questioned again... you guys ever read the threads by bedalus?

matr1x v19 cfs is running great, getting to 100 hours of uptime and it's still smooth.
Lazy is still the best gov for my habits, 100/1000 MHz and deepidle does it's job.

The1Shark

Dec 24, 2011
Lol, can't believe deepidle is questioned again... you guys ever read the threads by bedalus?

matr1x v19 cfs is running great, getting to 100 hours of uptime and it's still smooth.
Lazy is still the best gov for my habits, 100/1000 MHz and deepidle does it's job.

Yes deepidle is questioned again as it turns out that more than a few people here encountered these strange signal lost and all leads to activated deepidle.
Yes, it may save up to 5% - 10% of battery life, I am not arguing that, but when your phone stop operating as a phone ( by losing signal ), who cares about battery life ?

I'm fine without it ,
If it works well for you , lucky you ..

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
Yeah, guess I'm lucky then.
Or maybe I know a bit more than simply blaiming one feature which has been tested again and again, always proving the accusers wrong? How about seeking the issue in the rom? Can you be sure your's is stable? How about at least trying to understand what this feature does and what not? It's all starting again with false claims, let alone about the modded framework-res.

But hey, if you're happy spreading false things, go ahead. The fact alone deepidle is working fine for me and others proves you wrong already. No need to argue with you. "Luck" isn't an explanation for anything.

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
Yeah, guess I'm lucky then.
Or maybe I know a bit more than simply blaiming one feature which has been tested again and again, always proving the accusers wrong? How about seeking the issue in the rom? Can you be sure your's is stable? How about at least trying to understand what this feature does and what not? It's all starting again with false claims, let alone about the modded framework-res.

But hey, if you're happy spreading false things, go ahead. The fact alone deepidle is working fine for me and others proves you wrong already. No need to argue with you. "Luck" isn't an explanation for anything.

I had issues with DIdle on both stock rom and my current(AOKP B32)

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

The1Shark

Dec 24, 2011
Yes! I am sure my rom is stable since I am using stock from day 1 ..
Sorry..
btw, I think you are taking this too personally. I am not blaiming anyone.
for me it is not working and as I said if it works for you you are lucky.

Last edited:

omartins

Jan 31, 2011
butAt
Yes! I am sure my rom is stable since I am using stock from day 1 ..
Sorry..
btw, I think you are taking this too personally. I am not blaiming anyone.
for me it is not working and as I said if it works for you you are lucky.

I've experienced some issues with an older release of this kernel and the stock ROM, that was 4.0.3 at that time. With the same settings but using CNA everything was ok. The solution was raising voltages a bit. So, using stock ROM doesn't have to always mean more stabilitu and period. I believe pre defined voltage values are near to very lowest that our nexus can handle and since devices aren't exactly equal to each others, in some cases we might experience some instability..

RM

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
@omartins:
Agreed, undervolting can be the cause for many problems, especially since every hw is unique in how low (and high) it can go.
But normally, you'll see freezes and restarts with voltages too low, but not radio crashing.

But I had a thought about it, maybe I have no troubles because I use the max-freq feature together with lazy-gov, meaning everything done in standby is done at 1000 mhz. Possible I'm avoiding any problems caused by lowfreq/low voltage this way...?

And coming back to the dead radio issue:
Didn't the galaxy nexus have the same issue after 4.0.4 got released for it, ending in another ota by Google? (Still 4.0.4, but higher build number than we got)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

This is the JB version of the Matr1x kernel and it works on 4.1.1/4.1.2 and 4.2.

Features:

Code:
    - 1.32Ghz OC

- Based on Linux kernel version 3.0.31

- Voodoo sound and color (Thanks to supercurio)

- BLN (Thanks to neldar)

- BFS (Thanks to Con Kolivas) 

- Fast Charge by Chad Froebel (Be sure to buy his widget here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incredicontrol.fastchargewidget)

- Bigmem (Thanks to _thalamus for the working implementation)

- ROW I/O Scheduler

- 4.2 Bluetooth fix (thanks to DerTeufel) 

- Vibration control (thanks to DerTeufel) 

- SmartassV2 governor

- USB OTG (thanks to sztupy)

- CIFS

- MTP (thanks to abev66 for the AnyKernel method)

**Ezekeel's mods** (Thanks to Ezekeel)

- BLD

- Touch Wake

- Wheatley Governor

- Custom Voltage Interface

Changelog:

v22.5 Updated kernel base for JB, added all my favorite *useful* features and removed a ton of pointless stuff, changed LCD voltage to 2.3V, and used the Bcmdhd PM_FAST in standby.

v23.0 Reverted kernel base back to 3.0.31 for speed and stability, reverted the LCD UV, and added the interactive governor (with input boost).

v23.5 Added 1.2Ghz OC, Touch Wake, Voodoo Color, and CM versions.

v24.0 Added 1.32Ghz OC, 100% battery charge fix (cosmetic), and wheatley governor.

v24.5 Added DerTeufel's 4.2 bluetooth fix, the ROW I/O Scheduler, and Ezekeel's Custom Voltage Interface.

v25.0 Added DerTeufel's vibration control interface for his Helly Bean ROM, fixed the 100Mhz not sticking issue, added the SmartassV2 governor, added USB OTG, added CIFS, and added MTP (this might not work on all the ROMs, so just let me know on which ones it does work).

Links to JB version:

http://matr1xkernels.com/matr1x-kernels/matr1x-kernel-for-nexus-s-and-nexus-s-4g-jelly-bean/

Link to source: https://github.com/mathkid95/linux_samsung_jb
    Kernel update! We have finally reached v20 :)
    Who wants to see this kernel keep going?

No RIP Matr1x yet? ;)

Sent from my Nexus S
    Kernel update!

So here it is, JB Matr1x.

You may notice I have completely revamped the entire kernel and added only the features that I find useful. No more extra crap so please don't ask me for feature adding.

I may add overclocking later though!

For now, the focus is on speed and stability.

Oh yeah please don't ask for a screen color change either... I like these colors :)

Enjoy!
    Ok, kernel update! After some more long, gruesome testing this one has proved to be stable