[Q] Is it possible to password protect your recovery on Android?

Search This thread

xKillerXSmileZx

Feb 5, 2012
Nexus 6
OnePlus 7 Pro
I've searched but couldn't find anything related to this topic. I was wondering if it was possible to password protect your recovery on Android devices. For example, my phone is pretty old and unsupported now but it has Clockworkmod as my recovery for flashing ROMS and wiping and thought if a person wanting to steal my or anyone's phone, they just need to wipe it if they know how. However, this could be avoided by making the phone completely useless to them if recovery was password protected. Is this possible, and are there phones or custom recoveries that have something like that?

MoHaG

Mar 24, 2014
Johannesburg
One use I can see for such a capability (at least a recovery password) is to make it harder to perform a factory reset on a stolen phone and it might give apps like Prey / Android device Manager a chance to activate...

It is certainly not completely foolproof, but it might help defend against the average thief that expect a stock recovery that allows settings to be wiped easily...

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I've searched but couldn't find anything related to this topic. I was wondering if it was possible to password protect your recovery on Android devices. For example, my phone is pretty old and unsupported now but it has Clockworkmod as my recovery for flashing ROMS and wiping and thought if a person wanting to steal my or anyone's phone, they just need to wipe it if they know how. However, this could be avoided by making the phone completely useless to them if recovery was password protected. Is this possible, and are there phones or custom recoveries that have something like that?

Thats the most useful question/suggestion I remember !!!

Top Liked Posts