[Q] USB device not recognized

Search This thread

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
Gday,

I did many searches and I read the " here are the similar treads found" but none has the solution. I am reading and searching for the last 3 hours, but no sigar. SO I am hoping someone can help me out.

I used this link to install my current ROM - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2445392

HTC one 2 ville
ROM maximus 10
I had TWRP 2.6.3 installed

All was working fine, only to have TWRP working with this ROM I needed to use TWRP 2.6.1. As I was not able to run backups.

So I went into fastboot USB. Run the below command.

C:\HTC>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (6246 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.009s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 1.501s]
finished. total time: 2.510s

And after this I guess I screwed up something.

The laptop is not recognizing the phone anymore and says the device is malfunctioned.
I cannot get in TWRP recovery anymore. If I try the screen goes black. I need to hold the power button to turn it off.
WinDROID is not seeing the device either

I just cleared cache, dalvik, wiped data and went back to factory default.

That did not helped a thingy.

USB settings:

If I change it to HTC sync manager of clear check mark either way it comes with the same message " USB not recognized".

Can someone help me out plz

Thanks a lot

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
I reinstalled HTC drivers and now the phone gets recognized again.

But I still cannot install anything from recovery....

E:\Can't mount /sdcard/

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
After I installed the HTC drivers I was able to get on the sdcard again and get connected.

I installed TWRP 2.6.3. and I am able to boot in recovery,

That's nice, but now TWRP say's I only have 48MB on the SDcard?? When booted in systeem and connected to my laptop it tells me the SDcard = 11.9GB and has 11.6GB free.....

At least the phone keeps me off the street

Last edited:

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
INstalled SDrescan. That does not solve it.

Also TWRP 2.6.3 gives different info. Like battery 66% and on another page it tells me it has 100%.

Does this means the SDcard is damaged?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro

Also TWRP 2.6.3 gives different info. Like battery 66% and on another page it tells me it has 100%.

you need to flash the stock recovery, then go to bootloader and perform "factory reset + clear storage".

nce done you can flash your custom recovery again and you should be fine

Reactions: Ray187

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks.

I have hboot 2.16. I thought that there is no stock Rom for this hboot. I,ll have a look.

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
HHmmzz

I copied the RUU to the root om the SDcard. Then I rebooted into recovery. Recovery is not able to see the root of the SDcard. Only folders he can see are TWRP and CWM.

Now I cannot even get on fastboot USB anymore. When I reboot the device the screen is blinking green.:eek:

*edit*
I mounted the USB device so it popped up on my laptop. And here as well it says it has only 48MB. SO no chance to copy the RUU.

Is there another way to flash my phone?

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
What did you do? The RUU needs to be started in Windows

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

HHmmzz

I copied the RUU to the root om the SDcard. Then I rebooted into recovery. Recovery is not able to see the root of the SDcard. Only folders he can see are TWRP and CWM.

Now I cannot even get on fastboot USB anymore. When I reboot the device the screen is blinking green.:eek:

*edit*
I mounted the USB device so it popped up on my laptop. And here as well it says it has only 48MB. SO no chance to copy the RUU.

Did you reed anything about using RUU? Connect phone in fastboot mode and run the RUU in windows. You need to flash stock recovery and set your CID back to stock before you can use the RUU.

Reactions: Ray187

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Did you reed anything about using RUU? Connect phone in fastboot mode and run the RUU in windows. You need to flash stock recovery and set your CID back to stock before you can use the RUU.

I used to install RUU it on my previous phone. I cannot get fastboot USB connected anymore. I can't get the phone connected to my laptop at all. gives me the device malfuntion.

Bit frustrated...I almost broke the phone in half :laugh:

For now I just keep using it with the current ROM. Maximus 4.2.2 and sence 5.0 S-off. I did not changed CID.

I will try again in a couple of days.

Thank you :good:

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
Owkeee smie again :)

Couldn't recist trying to fix this.

I managed to get fastboot USB active. So I tried to erase recovery. That failed as remote is not allowed. Then I flash TWRP 2.6.1.0 succesfully.

And now it's back to normal.

2 bad I damaged the phone a bit. I forgot the one s is a phone you cannot open to remove the battery of SDcard....thought about it while having a screwdriver in my hand and partly in the phone :silly:

Appriciated your replies LSxD :good:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Owkeee smie again :)

Couldn't recist trying to fix this.

I managed to get fastboot USB active. So I tried to erase recovery. That failed as remote is not allowed. Then I flash TWRP 2.6.1.0 succesfully.

And now it's back to normal.

2 bad I damaged the phone a bit. I forgot the one s is a phone you cannot open to remove the battery of SDcard....thought about it while having a screwdriver in my hand and partly in the phone :silly:

Appriciated your replies LSxD :good:

Means your phone is working again? Or did you kill it with the screwdriver?

Ray187

Sep 23, 2010
Means your phone is working again? Or did you kill it with the screwdriver?

Phone works fine again. Able to connect it to the PC, use fastboot and get in recovery and see full size SDcard :good:

So will be making a backup and copy those files to my NAS.

I damaged the phone a bit physically at the back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you need to flash the stock recovery, then go to bootloader and perform "factory reset + clear storage".

nce done you can flash your custom recovery again and you should be fine
    Thanks.

I have hboot 2.16. I thought that there is no stock Rom for this hboot. I,ll have a look.

HBoot 2.16 means you're "S-OFF" and can run ANY RUU ;)

HHmmzz

*edit*