[Q] instaling ROM from phone/SD-S3 I9300

Search This thread

Footh

May 5, 2014
Hi, i'm new in this so i just need answers for couple of questions.

1. Can I flash new ROM from phone storage or does it have to be from SD card?
2. If i flash from SD, will new ROM be installed on phone storage or SD card?
3. When i do that, will all my data be deleted from previous ROM?
4. When i flash ROM do i need to again root my phone and install titanium backup?
5. what Custom ROM's are really good? your suggestions :D

krossifix

Nov 30, 2012
Dr. Gero's lab basement
1. Can I flash new ROM from phone storage or does it have to be from SD card?
depending on what kind of custom recovery you are using, you can install it from internal phone storage and sd card. Use philz touch recovery to have both storages available for you to choose roms from
2. If i flash from SD, will new ROM be installed on phone storage or SD card?
if performing a clean flash all data from phone would be lost as the primary step itself is to wipe data. Data on external sd card remains intact as long as you dont format it from recovery
3. When i do that, will all my data be deleted from previous ROM?
all data would be lost when you do a data wipe and devs take no responsibility for any loss wrt to your phone or data and so their piece of advice before you flash ANY rom or mod is to : Back up Back up and Back up. Use titanium backup to retain apps and a nandroid backup from recovery to be on safe side and stay away from after effects of a bad rom flash.
4. When i flash ROM do i need to again root my phone and install titanium backup?
rooting phone again is not required after installing custom roms since they already have the SU binaries included when the rom is cooked. Installation of Titanium back up after every rom Installation is must cuz itz an app on your phone memory
5. what Custom ROM's are really good?
again depends on what you like to see on your phone. If you like having the stock look on your phone and still enjoy benefits of using a rooted custom rom go for roms based on sammy firmwares. If you want to go a step ahead and have a nexusish look on your phone and be more open source go for CM and AOSP roms

thats not all. XDA has a lot of threads about flashing roms and recoveries. Do a lot of reading and proceed carefully at your own risk before playing with your phone.

Cheers

monstersghost

Apr 23, 2014
Kuwait city
Well its so easy..
1- yup you can..
2- no it will be installed on te phone..
3- most of the roms are rooted.. but you can instal supersu.zip to root it or update the root panery, and you mostly will not lose the costem recovery..but some romes offer to download custom recoverys..
4- i think temask's unofficial cm11 is good.. and you can install omega touchwiz rom..:good:

KvisClayton

May 7, 2014
I have no idea what I'm doing

Good day, I'm having a problem with understanding how to install the nexus operating system on my SGS3 i9300. I have no idea what to download, what i need and how to do it. I know i'm the only one cause everybody seem to get it just fine. So i dont know if you could help me with what i need to do this and how to do it. Thanks in advance.

hollowcaste

Sep 18, 2011
Good day, I'm having a problem with understanding how to install the nexus operating system on my SGS3 i9300. I have no idea what to download, what i need and how to do it. I know i'm the only one cause everybody seem to get it just fine. So i dont know if you could help me with what i need to do this and how to do it. Thanks in advance.

watz NEXUS OPERATING SYSTEM .... D-UH :laugh: