[Q] HTC One dead?

Search This thread

Tjololo

Oct 20, 2011
I don't know what happened with my HTC One (M7), but it's completely unresponsive now, and I'm hoping it's not dead.

It was working earlier today (about 3 hours ago), I know that 100% because I turned on/off airplane mode when going into/leaving the dentist this morning.

I drove around today for about 40 minutes or so, I'm fairly certain it was plugged into the car charger (that's what I do with my phone), but I might not have, unfortunately I wasn't paying attention. When I got back home, I went to turn it on and...nothing.

Plugging it into the wall with a known-good charger (works on other phones) gives no charging LED. Plugging it into the computer gives no plug-in noise in windows.

I've tried holding down all combinations of power, volume up, and volume down for 10s, 15s, 30s, 45s, 1m, 2m, 5m intervals. No response whatsoever.

I've also tried with different cables, different outlets, and even went so far as to bend the prong that the USB Micro connector interfaces with, no dice. I've tried USB3.0, USB2.0, and regular power outlets, to no avail. ADB reports no devices found (honestly I don't know what I expected). When someone calls me, it rings 2-3 times before going to voicemail on their end, but the phone sits impassive in my hand.

Is it dead? Is there something I'm missing? I'm really hoping I can salvage it, I love this phone. Unfortunately, I got it from Swappa so I have no warranty or anything, and honestly I really can't be without a phone since I'm waiting on a call back about an interview for a job. Can anyone give me any suggestions/links/things to try? I'm at the point where I'm about to attempt disassembly on my own, but I'd MUCH rather not have to go that route, since I'm more likely to break it than fix it.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Best case scenario! Out of juice. Leave it plugged in to walk for couple days.

Worst case! Look for a new phone

Reactions: Tjololo

Tjololo

Oct 20, 2011

Thanks for the response.

I'm going to leave it plugged in overnight, though I believe it is wasted. I contacted HTC Support and they said it was still under warranty, so maybe I can get it replaced through them....Though probably not for free, as I had already rooted it back before they were S-Off, so as soon as it boots it says something like "Experimental bootloader for internal use only, do not distribute outside of HTC" or something like that....without it booting, no way to unroot it :(

Here's hoping it's completely fried and they don't see that part of it XD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.