Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Android 2.2 Froyo

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread
N

Ncyde47

Hello,

Is there a major difference between android 2.2 Froyo and 2.3 Gingerbread for our O2x?

Froyo was fine on my phone, but i read that froyo does not support multi core rendering.
Still, the Kernel in Stock GB is Froyo kernel right (2.6.xx.x)?
So are there any advantages coming with gb?
Ics (cm9, aokp) is not ready for daily use, in cm7 i dont like the camera (quality), also i use lg smartshare and music. So its not about CM or Stock, i just want to know if gb has advantages over froyo on the O2x.
btw i really like the froyo cam mod, looks very interesting :D

Thank you very much,
cheers

Mylleranton

Apr 10, 2012
Froyo is a bit laggy, and nothing really happens in GB, so there isn´t that much of a different other then the version number and some bugfixes.

Last edited:

xilw3r

Dec 10, 2010
umm isnt the question here not froyo vs gingerbread but more like... stock vs custom roms ?

because... you know.... there is an official gingerbread rom and stuff...

in my experience gingerbread is better because it uses less battery and is better at ram management.

Mar 29, 2012
In cynogen 7 you cand use moded camera with 20 + mbs and fixed focus with is superior to stock lg camera with has about 10 mbs and no video focus (there is no stock camera mod with even start video focus) Or you can edit media pofiles in system etc to increse bitrate.What is the main issue you have with the cyanogem 7 camera?

redefined_

Feb 1, 2011
Hello,

Is there a major difference between android 2.2 Froyo and 2.3 Gingerbread for our O2x?

Froyo was fine on my phone, but i read that froyo does not support multi core rendering.
Still, the Kernel in Stock GB is Froyo kernel right (2.6.xx.x)?
So are there any advantages coming with gb?
Ics (cm9, aokp) is not ready for daily use, in cm7 i dont like the camera (quality), also i use lg smartshare and music. So its not about CM or Stock, i just want to know if gb has advantages over froyo on the O2x.
btw i really like the froyo cam mod, looks very interesting :D

Thank you very much,
cheers

ginger is generally better with a better management of the ram (no there is still a true multitasking).
20q is a great firmware, I, however, prefer CM7 ....

tablighs

Mar 1, 2011
I personally prefer v20q stock rom with spica SR3R2 kernel. I have used this phone since launch day back in march 2011...I can say that the official rom updates has gone a long way with lots of improvements generally in terms of speed and battery life. I have not tried cm7 so I cannot compare.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

Beplexor

Mar 29, 2012
Just cross your fingers and hope that when stock ICS is released (better be soon) it actually isn't laggy and free of bugs.

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Just cross your fingers and hope that when stock ICS is released (better be soon) it actually isn't laggy and free of bugs.

The only thing, ppl still sticking with this phone is official ICS release. It could further open a new window for development.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

zobodoor

Apr 29, 2010
umm isnt the question here not froyo vs gingerbread but more like... stock vs custom roms ?

because... you know.... there is an official gingerbread rom and stuff...

in my experience gingerbread is better because it uses less battery and is better at ram management.

For me, gingerbread use more battery than froyo. And I have just switched back to froyo because of that.

markop90

Feb 16, 2011
Froyo is better than gingerbread...just try nostalgia rom by topogigi

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

N

Ncyde47

Alright people i'm now in love with topos nostalgia rom. Very good rom! Thanks for all of your opinions :)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990

body150165

Feb 16, 2012
Bangkok
It was important for me to run skype with frontcam. this is not possible with froyo. Besides that, I find v20q in every way better than froyo. Dont stick with an old rom

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
Stock 2.3 with gueste kernel has about 0.5%/hour battery consumption(measured by battery monitor widget 3c) Its 2 weeks of standby. I usualy can use it for 48 hours of normal use.