[FIX]Offline RCTweaks by RCTeam|Sebastiaan15|Prof Peach

Search This thread

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
First, lets clarify the credits:

RCTeam provided the tweaks in the first place
Sebastiaan15 fixed tweaks scripts to use files stored od sdcard instead of hosted ones on Robociks server (which are down) for his rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1315961&highlight=runnymede+aio)
Prof Peach for creating a flashable zip for desire (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517975&highlight=tweaks+fix)
all i did was fix the updater script to work on DHD, and fix the tweaks scripts where necesary, because desire uses sd-ext for some system files

what is this

this is a fix for all of us still using sense 3.5 roms with RCTweaks, which makes pretty much all of the tweaks work again without using the offline server(fonts,bootanims,oc daemons...). this changes tweaks scripts to use files stored on sdcard(included in zip). everything should work, except settings/rctweaks/extras/recommended apps(avalible in play store) and updating of the rctweaks. if you find something else not working, please report and i will do my best to fix it.

how to

i would recommend to do a nand backup first, just in case
flash zip through recovery like any other flashable zip
do not delete /sdcard/.RCTeam folder, the files needed for the tweaks are in there!
do not click on update tweaks in settings/rctweaks/extras because it will delete tweaks apk and you will have to manually push it back

i found this fix a while back while trying to locate a flashable zip of virtuous oc via google. i had no idea where it came from or how it works. Thank you Prof Peach for providing a source for that zip, so i am able to give proper credits.

tested on
for now, only RCMix 4.0

i think it should work on any sense 3.5 rom which uses RCTweaks. so if anyone is willing to test on any other rom, please report so i can add to this post
my edited update script(originally made by Prof Peach) is very basic. it works for me in 4ext, i havent tested in cwm

and for the end, standard disclaimer: i am not responsible if anything goes wrong. i will try my best to help, but my knowledge is very limited. also, please dont bug people in credits for the mistakes i might have made

download
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/WsochGJWXK/DHD_RCTeam_Fix_Signed.zip.html

if you like this, and would like to thank someone, please thank all the people in credits before me, it is mostly their work not mine :)

^533saw5^

Jun 9, 2010
Confirmed working on Pacha Xtreme V2 Rom, used CWM so confirmed that works too :) Thanks for this

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
on patchas rom bootanimations didnt work and swype to clear was removed when switching black/white systemui in tweaks. fixed in new version of rom

pattamalati

Oct 18, 2011
Yesterday I tried with android revolution HD 7.0.3 and then I get problems with status. status has disappeared completely. someone has the same problem?

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
Yesterday I tried with android revolution HD 7.0.3 and then I get problems with status. status has disappeared completely. someone has the same problem?

it cant work, because this does not contain full rctweaks, neither does arhd. if you have rctweaks installed, status bar should come back after reboot.
if none of this is the case, extract /system/app/systemui.apk from original rom zip and push via adb, or copy to same folder on your device using root explorer or something similar .dont forget to set permissions rw-r-r

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
it should yes. im saying that generally the download does work. might be region/isp/mobile related. i can surely post some mirror, but other download sites have the annoying waiting that i really want to avoid.

Last edited:

pattamalati

Oct 18, 2011
it cant work, because this does not contain full rctweaks, neither does arhd. if you have rctweaks installed, status bar should come back after reboot.
if none of this is the case, extract /system/app/systemui.apk from original rom zip and push via adb, or copy to same folder on your device using root explorer or something similar .dont forget to set permissions rw-r-r

thank you. now work perfect

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
Volume Camera key not working on Pacha Xtreme Rom :( Any idea?

well, i made a test on my rom, and the scripts themselves work, but in my case camera obviously uses built in sounds(in apk), which makes it not "see" the changes. i looked in patchas roms zip and sound files are in same place then rcmix. so i guess your case is the same as mine. check camera settings

Reactions: .RaZor.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, lets clarify the credits:

RCTeam provided the tweaks in the first place
    Sebastiaan15 fixed tweaks scripts to use files stored od sdcard instead of hosted ones on Robociks server (which are down) for his rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1315961&highlight=runnymede+aio)
    Prof Peach for creating a flashable zip for desire (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517975&highlight=tweaks+fix)
    all i did was fix the updater script to work on DHD, and fix the tweaks scripts where necesary, because desire uses sd-ext for some system files

what is this

this is a fix for all of us still using sense 3.5 roms with RCTweaks, which makes pretty much all of the tweaks work again without using the offline server(fonts,bootanims,oc daemons...). this changes tweaks scripts to use files stored on sdcard(included in zip). everything should work, except settings/rctweaks/extras/recommended apps(avalible in play store) and updating of the rctweaks. if you find something else not working, please report and i will do my best to fix it.

how to

i would recommend to do a nand backup first, just in case
    flash zip through recovery like any other flashable zip
    do not delete /sdcard/.RCTeam folder, the files needed for the tweaks are in there!
    do not click on update tweaks in settings/rctweaks/extras because it will delete tweaks apk and you will have to manually push it back

i found this fix a while back while trying to locate a flashable zip of virtuous oc via google. i had no idea where it came from or how it works. Thank you Prof Peach for providing a source for that zip, so i am able to give proper credits.

tested on
    for now, only RCMix 4.0

i think it should work on any sense 3.5 rom which uses RCTweaks. so if anyone is willing to test on any other rom, please report so i can add to this post
    my edited update script(originally made by Prof Peach) is very basic. it works for me in 4ext, i havent tested in cwm

and for the end, standard disclaimer: i am not responsible if anything goes wrong. i will try my best to help, but my knowledge is very limited. also, please dont bug people in credits for the mistakes i might have made

download
    http://www.fileswap.com/dl/WsochGJWXK/DHD_RCTeam_Fix_Signed.zip.html

if you like this, and would like to thank someone, please thank all the people in credits before me, it is mostly their work not mine :)
    Volume Camera key not working on Pacha Xtreme Rom :( Any idea?

well, i made a test on my rom, and the scripts themselves work, but in my case camera obviously uses built in sounds(in apk), which makes it not "see" the changes. i looked in patchas roms zip and sound files are in same place then rcmix. so i guess your case is the same as mine. check camera settings