RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

Search This thread

itzik_man

Nov 13, 2010
Saint-Laurent, Quebec
I've managed to change the "RC" by editing the spn-conf.xml file and remove the letters RC, or changing the file's permission (uncheck read permissions for group and other). Either way, the carrier name goes back to "Rogers" which is carrier #302720.
Can you give me more details & steps how to find the file or how to fix the permissions?

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
If you want to hide completely "ROGERS" from showing up, edit the file and put a space. Works fine and it still shows emergency calls only & other notifs. You can change the permissions depending on how you access your files, on Root Explorer just hold the file and with the menu you can change permissions.

The file is located in system/etc

Reactions: itzik_man

chgrbt

Aug 27, 2008
Can you give me more details & steps how to find the file or how to fix the permissions?
And if you do what saloums7 suggested, and hide "Rogers" you'll have more space on the top bar for notifications, and when you travel, the roaming network should still show up because it will be a different network number than Rogers.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

Last edited:

agentj642

Nov 4, 2010
Sorry, Posted in wrong thread, can't delete myself. mods plz remove/delete.

Last edited:

itzik_man

Nov 13, 2010
Saint-Laurent, Quebec
A quick note on the Rogers official JB:
Testing results with AnTuTu Benchmark on ICS were higher then the performance results on JB - 9200 to 9700 JB vs. 10500 to 11200 ICS.
Although, the speed test of my network (LTE) was much faster on JB.

felcom

Nov 20, 2012
I'm kinda lost here. Hoping for some advice. To sum up I'm on the 49003 software version. I have Rogers xt925 that I'm using on Fido network. Phone got sent in to Future Tel for repairs and they re flashed it with 49003.

Now I'm not getting the OTA update. It's been a month almost since they released it and my phone still says it's up to date. What should I do? Is there a fix to get back on the correct version? Is my phone forever stuck on ICS? Should I just wait? Or is Rogers/Fido not even aware some people might be on this old software. I'm not very techy and I don't really understand much of what is discussed here... But I was told couple days back that methods described here are for unlocked bootloader only. My phone is untouched from factory. It's not rooted or the bootloader(whatever that is) has not been unlocked. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
I'm kinda lost here. Hoping for some advice. To sum up I'm on the 49003 software version. I have Rogers xt925 that I'm using on Fido network. Phone got sent in to Future Tel for repairs and they re flashed it with 49003.

Now I'm not getting the OTA update. It's been a month almost since they released it and my phone still says it's up to date. What should I do? Is there a fix to get back on the correct version? Is my phone forever stuck on ICS? Should I just wait? Or is Rogers/Fido not even aware some people might be on this old software. I'm not very techy and I don't really understand much of what is discussed here... But I was told couple days back that methods described here are for unlocked bootloader only. My phone is untouched from factory. It's not rooted or the bootloader(whatever that is) has not been unlocked. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks

You should open up a case with Motorola tech support and tell them you haven't received jelly been yet and ask them what to do.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
I recently bought a rogers XT925 from a friend. This was already updated OTA to JB 4.1.2.
I wanted to get some feedback from some of you who have compared the performance of this OTA to the the Brazilian/German Retail SBF. I got my BL unlocked and the modem/fsg files from Rogers ICS are on hand. I am downloading now the Brazilian SBF and just wanted to see what people here thought of that release. Is it as smooth as the Rogers OTA? Anything missing from it? Battery comparison?

gs

felcom

Nov 20, 2012
You should open up a case with Motorola tech support and tell them you haven't received jelly been yet and ask them what to do.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Is there no other way to install it myself? I'm pretty sure they will just tell me to send it back to Future Tel. I don't have another phone... I sold my old phone and can't really go without a phone. My work revolves around my phone.

gio5660m

Jul 27, 2012
Is there no other way to install it myself? I'm pretty sure they will just tell me to send it back to Future Tel. I don't have another phone... I sold my old phone and can't really go without a phone. My work revolves around my phone.

None at the moment, at least not without unlocking the bootloader/losing warranty and trying the files posted a few pages back http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38085875&postcount=180 at your own risk of course, in same boat here, I lost root when did OTA to jb and at time did not know about the restoreroot script some have had success with so used rsd lite to restore ICS (guessing same procedure Future Tel did) so now stuck... But at least you have a more legit claim as you did not do it yourself.. (whose future tel? are they related to Motorola/Fido?) For paid repair you shouldn't get a solution that gets ya stuck with no future ota updates for sure... Heh, hopefully leads to a resolution that others like me can maybe use :)

BluePlanetMan

Aug 31, 2010

I used 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQL-12.2_CANADA_VANQJBLTEFRCI_P004_CFC_fb.xml.zip and extracted and edited the XML (I hope that is the correct zip file) and tried to flash, but getting the error "Failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (oem); phone connected" in RSD Lite.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Ok, I edited the XML and removed the references to the OEM lines (there are TWO of them. RSD seemed to go fine until it got to SBL3 and then failed with:
" Failed Flashing Process. 4/19 f;ash sbl3 "sbl3_signed" -> Size returned by phone does not match what was expected"

I am searching for a solution to this... if anyone knows please advise.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

So I have managed to get this to flash with RSDLite 6.0 (5.7 did not work for some reason). However, on reboot, it is stuck at the M logo, not sure if its just doing stuff, we will see....

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

No.. this did not work. I am now just stuck at the M logo. Which means I may have to go back to stock ICS, or find another solution. Has anyone successfully flashed the RSD version over rooted ICS with the TWRP recovery?

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
I used 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQL-12.2_CANADA_VANQJBLTEFRCI_P004_CFC_fb.xml.zip and extracted and edited the XML (I hope that is the correct zip file) and tried to flash, but getting the error "Failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (oem); phone connected" in RSD Lite.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Ok, I edited the XML and removed the references to the OEM lines (there are TWO of them. RSD seemed to go fine until it got to SBL3 and then failed with:
" Failed Flashing Process. 4/19 f;ash sbl3 "sbl3_signed" -> Size returned by phone does not match what was expected"

I am searching for a solution to this... if anyone knows please advise.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

So I have managed to get this to flash with RSDLite 6.0 (5.7 did not work for some reason). However, on reboot, it is stuck at the M logo, not sure if its just doing stuff, we will see....

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

No.. this did not work. I am now just stuck at the M logo. Which means I may have to go back to stock ICS, or find another solution. Has anyone successfully flashed the RSD version over rooted ICS with the TWRP recovery?

Try flashing with unmodified XML. Maybe you messed something up... RSD overwrites recovery & erases data so don't try to preserve root or recovery you will have to reflash it.

Edit: I just checked the other thread. Remove the getvar lines. That should be the only modification you have to bring keep the rest as-is.

Sent from my RAZR HD XT925

Last edited:

gio5660m

Jul 27, 2012
Yea, I only had to remove the 1 getvar line, flashed earlier today, though looks like you may have some other problem... One tip for those still with locked bootloader, if you want to just try out this jb and think you can return to ics for root through rsd, think again :( get following error which I've seen a couple other posts about but no resolution:

downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

heh, just about ready to not bother with the warranty and unlock the bootloader :) though does look like probably a root for jb soon...

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
Yea, I only had to remove the 1 getvar line, flashed earlier today, though looks like you may have some other problem... One tip for those still with locked bootloader, if you want to just try out this jb and think you can return to ics for root through rsd, think again :( get following error which I've seen a couple other posts about but no resolution:

downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

heh, just about ready to not bother with the warranty and unlock the bootloader :) though does look like probably a root for jb soon...

That's no problem you just delete the 2 lines of text after getvar and it will work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    User Generated Rogers RAZR HD Fastboot XML file

To those with unlocked bootloaders who want to try to get back onto Rogers Stock - Jelly Bean edition.

Again, you need to be unlocked in order for this to work (your warranty is already void)

chgrbt from XDA has provided me with a user generated fastboot file. After a couple of people tried it on here, they weren't successful so I added some extra steps to the flash process.

This is about a 500 download, compressed with 7zip.

http://d-h.st/9xj

Once downloaded, extract the files to a folder, be sure your phone can communicate with the computer in fastboot mode. Then run install.bat or linuxflash.sh in Linux (for Linux you need to chmod 775 on the file).

You CANNOT flash this with RSDLite, you must use the install.bat in the folder in windows, or Linuxflash.sh in Linux.

If you have any failures, try run flash-partition.bat under the Partition folder. This is the original file that was included with the Rogers fastboot provided by the firmware team, and was not patched or updated in the Jelly bean update. Once you've flashed the "partition" partition, try re-running install.bat.

You should be on Rogers JB Stock (with rooted) after this process, but I can't guarantee. Let me know if there are any problems, I hope this works!

If this post helped you please thank me and the one above this one by chgrbt!
    Personally, I'm not blown away with JB compared to ICS. Been on JB for a couple weeks now. The phone was very fluid with ICS, so I'm not seeing a benefit from JB's "butter", also I'm not using any of the software upgrades like Google Now. I'm actually a bit disappointed that I can't easily regain the home screen space when I disable the Google search bar like I did in ICS.

Time will tell but based on what I've seen so far, ICS was fine for me.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium
    How I Got Back Root...

I lost root too with just voodoo :(

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Can you provide a quick step by step? Will this work if I already updated to JB with voodoo backup?

Okay, it will be rather simple since I only did a couple of steps:

1. Before I updated to 4.1.2, I downloaded and installed Voodoo Root Keeper. I ran the app which gave me the status of having "SU protected".

2. I received the update message for OTA update. I accepted the various terms and let the update complete. I don't know if it makes a difference, but like the first time I setup the phone, I did not allow the phone to be "configured for the SIM". (I'm on Koodo, so no need from Roger/Fido bloat).

3. I ran Voodoo again after the update, and tried to "Restore Root". The status came back as my phone was not rooted. I verified in Android Terminal and Root Explorer that I did NOT have root access anymore.

4. A quick search with Root Explorer and I found the back (su-backup) at /system/user/we-need-root/su-backup.

5. I Googled a bunch of things and found that Matt's Root Restore script could work. I downloaded it from:

http://www.batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR/RestoreRoot.zip

6. I ran the script from my PC with the phone connected. It looks for the su-backup file in a number of places in the phone and then places it back in the /system/xbin directory which seems to get wiped during the upgrade. Watch the script for a small number required inputs. If the script works, you will need to provide an input on your phone to grant SU access, just like when you were rooted before.

7. This script installs SuperSU on your phone, so currently I have both SuperUser and SuperSU. I have asked the script writer if I can uninstall the old SuperUser app without issue. I will post back with his answer.

Does this help?

Did it work for anyone else?
    Some edits that should be brought to the files before starting ANYTHING!
    Go to the Windows folder, drag out the directory to the same level folder as the fastboot.bat script
    After you'Ve done this, RENAME! the fastboot.bat script Or you will get stuck in a loop since the script refers to fastboot.exe as fastboot, but since there is both fastboot.exe and fastboot.bat it's refering to itself. So just rename it to install.bat and double click and run :)

@Danifunker : Works! But you have to make the changes I mentionned or else nothing's gonna happen it's gonna keep refering to itself and looping at first line. Make those changes and re-up and it's gonna work perfect! (I replaced recovery.img by cwm so I can't do it for you)

I just re-wrote the script so it calls Windows\fastboot, the new URL 7 shouldn't require you to make the changes as mentioned above.

Can you post 2 screenshots of your about screens (one top part, one bottom part)?

Thanks!