Unlocked bootloader/ USB PORT BROKEN-- need to reinstall superuser

Search This thread

turntaker

Jan 6, 2014
So my Nexus S's usb charging port broke and I didnt use my phone for a long time I forgot what i had done to it before.
I received my external charger and extra batteries and powered on my phone. It booted and then I turned it off and then I turned it on and it got stuck on the nexus starting screen.
I went to my recovery mode which had the stock recovery on it and restored my phone to factory settings.
My phone started fine and it told me to enter my my google account and set up my phone etc.
After starting it I noticed that my personal files were still in the phone, superuser was there but was not functional and the speakers on the phone didnt function.
Now I can't hard reset my phone or install a custom rom.
Even If I am able to reset it completely I will be happy without root however root will be more beneficial.
Note that my USB is not working and I can transfer files using wifi file transer and I don't have root access.

Things I have tried:
-Restore many times
-Wipe the cache
-Tried flashing various superuser.zip files but got "Installation aborted"
- When flashing any package including Gapps and other packages the same message is displayed.
- Downloading superuser from playstore.

P.S Please do not post things that require root access or tell me to fix my USB. It costs 90$ and it is not worth it.

Last edited:

leap_ahead

Jul 2, 2009
My nexus s wall battery charger arrived and I want to install CWM and Cyanogenmod. since the USB port is broken I decided to use Rom Manager. My nexus had been previously rooted a long time ago and had superuser installed. It now is not functioning properly and not granting any application root access. Is there a way to re-root without USB connection.

download superuser from playstore

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
My nexus s wall battery charger arrived and I want to install CWM and Cyanogenmod. since the USB port is broken I decided to use Rom Manager. My nexus had been previously rooted a long time ago and had superuser installed. It now is not functioning properly and not granting any application root access. Is there a way to re-root without USB connection.

I think you can flash a rooting package from stock recovery.

Download this file. Boot into stock recovery and flash it. I think you'll be rooted.

turntaker

Jan 6, 2014
I tried that

I think you can flash a rooting package from stock recovery.

Download thisfile. Boot into stock recovery and flash it. I think you'll be rooted.

I did what you told me and when I went into the stock recovery I wiped data then did apply update from /sdcard then I selected the downloaded file however it did not flash properly.

"Verifying update package...
Installation aborted."

EDIT:
Things that don't work on my "factory reset" phone.
The speakers dont work (headphones work)
When you try called the screen goes black and you cant do anything
after reset every picture and download files are there.
Superuser is there but is not functional and I can not delete it.

I want a way to hard reset everything without USB connection

Last edited:

leap_ahead

Jul 2, 2009
I did what you told me and when I went into the stock recovery I wiped data then did apply update from /sdcard then I selected the downloaded file however it did not flash properly.

"Verifying update package...
Installation aborted."

EDIT:
Things that don't work on my "factory reset" phone.
The speakers dont work (headphones work)
When you try called the screen goes black and you cant do anything
after reset every picture and download files are there.
Superuser is there but is not functional and I can not delete it.

I want a way to hard reset everything without USB connection

go to recovery and wipe data and cache from stock recovery !!! it will fix all your problem

turntaker

Jan 6, 2014
go to recovery and wipe data and cache from stock recovery !!! it will fix all your problem

I did try that. Superuser Is there but not functional. My pics and other files are still there and the speakers don't function but my installed apps disable and I have to enter my Google Id etc.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
Searched for a way to root without USB. Couldn't find anything.
Will check again later and reply.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts