[Q] The Battery Pull Dilemma

Search This thread

MrFunEGUY

Oct 5, 2012
unlimitedclan.net
Hello HTC One M8 Owners, I have a question for you.

Right now, I have a Galaxy S3. Being that I root and often flash things, there have been times where I have gotten stuck in boot-loops and had to do battery pulls. The fact that I cannot do that on this phone is one thing holding me back from getting it, so I would like to know, does the lack of the ability to pull the battery ever frustrate and or detract from the value of the phone? Quite honestly, if I got in a boot-loop with this phone I wouldn't know what to do besides let the battery die. I'm wondering if it's been an issue for anyone here.

Thanks!

ryno9100

Jul 15, 2013
Huntsville
That was the only reason I almost didn't trade my S4 for an HTC One. Honestly, it was never an issue for me. On the m7, you held the power button for 10 seconds and it shut off.
Scared me at first when the M8 didn't do the same, but with a little experimenting, I found you just Power and Volume Up for a few seconds and it does the same thing.

Personally, I came from an S3 to an S4 to an HTC M7, and now my M8. I have never regretted going from Samsung and their Touchwiz UI to HTC's Sense. Hardware isn't much of an issue to me, since a massive majority of the apps will never reach the capabilities we have now. I would suggest making the switch :)

MrFunEGUY

Oct 5, 2012
unlimitedclan.net
That was the only reason I almost didn't trade my S4 for an HTC One. Honestly, it was never an issue for me. On the m7, you held the power button for 10 seconds and it shut off.
Scared me at first when the M8 didn't do the same, but with a little experimenting, I found you just Power and Volume Up for a few seconds and it does the same thing.

Personally, I came from an S3 to an S4 to an HTC M7, and now my M8. I have never regretted going from Samsung and their Touchwiz UI to HTC's Sense. Hardware isn't much of an issue to me, since a massive majority of the apps will never reach the capabilities we have now. I would suggest making the switch :)

Holding the power button and volume up for 10 seconds simulates removing the battery, this works at all times even when your stuck in a bootloop.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you both for your answers, and thanks Ryno for your advice! :laugh:

Oct 29, 2017
Holding the power button and volume up for 10 seconds simulates removing the battery, this works at all times even when your stuck in a bootloop.

I am stuck in Entering Recovery mode, closing down and restarts again loop. If I do the volume up, it does turns off or it does anyway to restart, so it turns on shortly after and I cannot do volume down to entering fastboot again.
Any ideas?
Edit: Nvm. It seem to solve itself when it gets low enough on battery.

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I am stuck in Entering Recovery mode, closing down and restarts again loop. If I do the volume up, it does turns off or it does anyway to restart, so it turns on shortly after and I cannot do volume down to entering fastboot again.
Any ideas?

If it is restarting itself, just hold vol down, and don't let go, until you see the bootloader screen. Once it goes through a full "reboot" cycle next time, it will go to bootloader.

Essentially, holding vol down during any power-on or reboot, will trigger going to bootloader. Regardless of how that power-on or reboot was initiated.

Reactions: 904890578

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas?

If it is restarting itself, just hold vol down, and don't let go, until you see the bootloader screen. Once it goes through a full "reboot" cycle next time, it will go to bootloader.

Essentially, holding vol down during any power-on or reboot, will trigger going to bootloader. Regardless of how that power-on or reboot was initiated.