[APP] myPlayer - On Demand streaming [v1.240 01-Oct-2011]

Search This thread

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
A light-weight application that provides access to media streams directly - eliminating the requirement for a (flash-enabled) mobile browser.

http://www.skynetsoftware.com/myPlayer

Features:
> Live Radio stations - a selection of UK broadcasts
> Fully customisable experience (add your favourite streams)
> Download archive ‡

Requirements:
> Android OS version 2.1 or higher

‡ A media player that supports the MP4 and AAC/LC codecs is required to view the high quality video downloads (arcMedia is recommended)

*** Whilst streaming video this application will use a considerable amount of bandwidth - please ensure you use it via an unlimited data policy ***

User feedback is always appreciated and should help to improve the quality and usability of future releases.

myPlayer is an independent application and is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with any other content provider.

Last edited:

chrisbramm

Apr 21, 2010
Re: [APP] myPlayer - BBC iPlayer client [0.40b 11-Jun-2010] BETA

You know BBC forced the shutdown of beebplayer cos they didn't want this functionality so I'd be careful how much time you put into this but keep up the good work all the same.

Sent from my T-Mobile_G2_Touch using Tapatalk

Sherwood W

May 30, 2010
Re: [APP] myPlayer - BBC iPlayer client [0.40b 11-Jun-2010] BETA

Thanks this is a great app. Works great

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

gernant34

May 14, 2009
WHY "An internet connection that is UK based" ??

because the bbc iplayer only provides it's video streams to those of us living in the uk.

maybe a proxy server would help those of you living outside the uk?

Sherry123

Jun 11, 2010
South Yorkshire
Yeah, maybe if the software could come with something to setup proxy settings it might help those outside the U.K.

I'd install it and see if you had already made one but I'm testing out a little ROM development, the interface looks pretty sick though from the pics :p

deviouscreation

May 11, 2010
london
Great App!

I'd been searching all over for beeb player, and had pretty much accepted that I'd missed the chance. This is a really well made application.

Video was a little pixelated on wifi to begin with, but seems to smooth out after 20 secs or so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    I have this installed on my desire direct from the market have tried to do a backup and get the .apk to share but it is a private app so astro doesnt back it up and its not listed in root explorer either. ANy suggestions how I can get the .apk to share? Maybe this is why this thing isnt anywhare out there buit thought someone here might be able to get at the install file and tell me how?
    myPlayer.apk

Hi I have managed to get the myPlayer.apk so if anyone wants it let me know and I will upload somewhere
    myPlayer.apk

OK seems like a few of you want this according to the messages i have had just today so I have uploaded it.. hope this doesn't break any of the forum rules or and rules for that matter but since it is free on market

I have uploaded it to 4shared but can't post links here but if you go to 4shared dot com followed by

/file/IKDYaZ5P/snsmyPlayer-1.html
    Your welcome! I spent days trying to find this for an android tablet I have that doesnt have it on the market then realised I could extract the .apk from my desire. Glad others can now get it a bit easier
    :)
    Hi I have that as well but I am working today so will upload tonight and post. Any other decent media player should play the stream tho if you go into settings on myplayer and choose :)

Later: sorry just saw after posting above you have found a player :)