[Q] Battery drain on CM7.2

Search This thread

heihei_ivan

May 19, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi all,

I am using CM7.2(FXP106) on my Xperia arc, with the kernel that comes with it. But I find out that battery drain is much more worse than the stock. 42 ROM. I usually charge the phone to 100% before I sleep, and the phone only uses 3% during my sleep with stock ROM. (stock kernel, cpu is downclocked to 768MHz when screen is off, using conservative governor.) However with CM7.2 my phone consumes more than 10% during my sleep. :( I also downclock the cpu to 768MHz when screen is off the cpu governor is smartassv2. In battery usage, mobile standby and phone idle consume the most. lol (It used to be display with stock rom) Is there any possible workaround? thanks a lot.

Ivan

Glenfiddich01

Nov 15, 2010
Linz
ok, i try to give you a view points to check:

read and install this on your phone. I had also a battery-drainer on my phone. i found it and now i´m happy :)
One time, on my x10miniPro the facebook app drain my battery.

Have you clear dalvik-cache before you install the rom? full wipe?

I installed many custom-roms at my x10 miniPro. Sometimes i have also fast battery drain. Then i made a second time a full wipe, clear dalvik cache and install the rom new. This fixed most of the problems.

try this and report :)

Boudin

Sep 1, 2008
Rennes
I had exactly the same problem whith CM7.2 FXP107

It was "Cell standby" (I'm not sure it's how it's called in english) that was anormally draining battery. It may be linked to baseband (I was using 64 one).
I had wiped everything possible before, flashed with CM7.2 kernel.

So I swiched to Arconium 7 + DoomKernel 0.18 + baseband 36 with patches. No problem since.

I don't know where the problem came from, it didn't took time to investigate, it was to much of a drain to keep my phone like this.

dp94

Feb 22, 2011
Linz
There is no excssive battery drain on CM7.

Flash latest kernel, try different basebands, calibrate the battery sometimes (correct calibration !) and you won't have battery drain anymore.

I lose about 1,5 % in deep sleep and about 5 % with heavy (e.g. streaming, gaming). ;)

dp94

Feb 22, 2011
Linz
per hour?

now i lose 1% in 8h flight mode, with FXP it was 10 times more!

Of course per hour.

I haven't tested flight mode yet (completely useless, imo).

I don't expect any wonders, I can use my device a whole day with everything I want to do without a fear of battery dead. ;)

drcyber

Dec 29, 2011
Of course per hour.

I haven't tested flight mode yet (completely useless, imo).

as i use my Phone as alarm clock its very usefull ;)

I don't expect any wonders, I can use my device a whole day with everything I want to do without a fear of battery dead. ;)

but for me a whole day in 3g was not bossible with fxp, after 10 hours of medium use, it was over.
(with 3 you cant switch to 2g in bigger cities in Austria)

dp94

Feb 22, 2011
Linz
as i use my Phone as alarm clock its very usefull ;)

Okay, then I'll understand you.
I miss those old devices, where the alarm worked, even when the device was powered off. :D

but for me a whole day in 3g was not bossible with fxp, after 10 hours of medium use, it was over.

Really? I've constantly 3G on.
Try the things I've described above.

(with 3 you cant switch to 2g in bigger cities in Austria)

Switch to the best operator in your country. ;)
I don't want to avertise here.

drcyber

Dec 29, 2011
Okay, then I'll understand you.
I miss those old devices, where the alarm worked, even when the device was powered off. :D

in this case: YES ;)

Really? I've constantly 3G on.
Try the things I've described above.

what type of calibration do you mean? the app? i tried both , the app and i found somwhere here a description with full charge, cwm and so on, but i did not help , not even a bit.

Switch to the best operator in your country. ;)

and pay the double Price of my package? No Way. ;)

Last edited:

drcyber

Dec 29, 2011
Today when i came home i got a letter from your best provider, but adsl-section.. >:) they want more money...

Gesendet von meinem LT15i mit Tapatalk

dp94

Feb 22, 2011
Linz
Today when i came home i got a letter from your best provider, but adsl-section.. >:) they want more money

PM me, I work at this very operator (in IT Outsourcing, but company is company).

EDIT:
There you go (instead of xRecovery use CWM).
If this doesn't help either, here are more options.

STEPS:
1. Download and install xRecovery from here.
2. Charge your phone to 100%
3. Turn off the phone and boot into recovery
4. In recovery, go to Advanced options --> Wipe Battery Stats --> Yes
5. Take the battery off
6. Insert the charger chord
7. Put the battery back and wait for the phone to boot
8. Once the phone boots up, you will notice that the battery percentage is around 88% instead of 100%
9. Charge the phone back to 100%
10. Repeat 4-5 times, seems to be the sweet spot
11. Enjoy your hopefully better battery life and report!

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: drcyber

drcyber

Dec 29, 2011
Thx for the Guide , but this doesnt work for me, once i had 82% after the first reboot , but now my phone doesnt boot automatically when i re insert the Battery, there is just a charging Symbol. when i boot manually , i have 100% battery.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today when i came home i got a letter from your best provider, but adsl-section.. >:) they want more money

PM me, I work at this very operator (in IT Outsourcing, but company is company).

EDIT:
    There you go (instead of xRecovery use CWM).
    If this doesn't help either, here are more options.

STEPS:
    1. Download and install xRecovery from here.
    2. Charge your phone to 100%
    3. Turn off the phone and boot into recovery
    4. In recovery, go to Advanced options --> Wipe Battery Stats --> Yes
    5. Take the battery off
    6. Insert the charger chord
    7. Put the battery back and wait for the phone to boot
    8. Once the phone boots up, you will notice that the battery percentage is around 88% instead of 100%
    9. Charge the phone back to 100%
    10. Repeat 4-5 times, seems to be the sweet spot
    11. Enjoy your hopefully better battery life and report!

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium